Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Amazing Cars Of The UAE

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07 | 09:39 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Default Amazing Cars Of The UAE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DkfTmnRB4Y&NR=1
Old 04-05-07 | 09:44 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

I know its just insane.

I am dieing to see a Veyron here in Montreal. Will it ever happen, who knows. For sure will never see a McLAREN F1
Old 04-05-07 | 10:20 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Thats crazy, all that oil is making people so rich they make the range rover into a vert,lol.

Originally Posted by JessePS
I know its just insane.

I am dieing to see a Veyron here in Montreal. Will it ever happen, who knows. For sure will never see a McLAREN F1
I thought the same thing about the Mclaren but then a guy bought one in Baton Rouge, La and has driven it to New Orleans atleast once. I see Ferraris all the time since we have a very well known Ferrari repair shop here.
Old 04-05-07 | 10:37 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3
Thats crazy, all that oil is making people so rich they make the range rover into a vert,lol.
Why is there always a comment about oil when it comes to middle-east wealth? It is really starting to get old. I don't much about the governments over there but I doubt that all the citizens are getting the benefits of their natural resources. Is there something I am missing here because maybe I need to move to the UAE.
Old 04-05-07 | 11:25 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Whenever I think of the middle east, I think of orphans, AK-47's, and rubble.

But after watching this video, my whole perception about the middle east has changed.

I see Ferrari's and Lambo's everyday, but not packed in garages like that .

Wow, I guess I'm an ignorant one .
Old 04-05-07 | 11:36 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by DrUnBiased
Why is there always a comment about oil when it comes to middle-east wealth? It is really starting to get old. I don't much about the governments over there but I doubt that all the citizens are getting the benefits of their natural resources. Is there something I am missing here because maybe I need to move to the UAE.
You are correct,they don't get the oil money since it goes to government expenses and what not,also a lot of those cars are leased and can assure you that most will be on sale since they were bought "for show".the packed white RR&bach's are hotel cars but you can see that since they show the huge hotel.
Old 04-06-07 | 12:19 AM
Lubs
Pole Position

Many of those cars must be owned by non-citizens. With the ultra-unique ultra-luxurious communities that have been built in the UAE, a truly eclectic crowd has been attracted. A crowd that clearly has a discerning eye for automobiles.

Was I the only one who saw the H2s and Touaregs and thought... what are they doing in here? The video makes the SLR seem as common as an SL500 here.

Here's a question for you all: Would you rather own an exotic in the UAE where it's almost commonplace. Or in North America where it's extremely rare. All things equal of course.

I would prefer it in the UAE. The roads are probably better, less rubber-necking, you probably don't appear as pretentious and you probably run into 2-3 people a day to compare notes with. "212? I'm telling you, sit on it. She'll go at least 220."
Old 04-06-07 | 02:16 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by Lubs
Many of those cars must be owned by non-citizens.

Why would you think that? You dont think natives of the land are capable of purchasing these cars?
Old 04-06-07 | 07:27 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Pure automotive ****!!
Old 04-06-07 | 07:57 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Richie
Pure automotive ****!!
For sure.

I just wonder how many people in U.A.E will actually buy a LF-A seeing they drive Ferrari's and Lamborghini's everywhere lol
Old 04-06-07 | 08:17 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JessePS
For sure.

I just wonder how many people in U.A.E will actually buy a LF-A seeing they drive Ferrari's and Lamborghini's everywhere lol
That's a good reason already - to be different LOL ...
Old 04-06-07 | 10:45 AM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Many of those cars must be owned by non-citizens.
Where exactly are these non-citizens from and why do they all have UAE license plates while wearing the traditional Arab clothing? And why would all these non-citizens come to some ghetto area like the UAE with their expensive cars where all the poor citizens could damage them? lol

I really am just SHOCKED at the lack of knowledge some people have on this forum. Seems like most people just see images of Iraq and Palestine through the media and just assume that is the entire middle-east. For anyone that has been to Iraq before the ware started, it wasn't exactly "ghetto." I would probably say it was a less extreme Dubai where the main cities were still wealthy but probably more in line with something like Beverly Hills. Yes, not every single part of the country is full of rich people but no country is. I could go film a one hour segment on Skid-row in LA and title it "This is America." That is pretty much how the media shows the Middle-East.

I honestly expected a little more from fellow Lexus owners.
Old 04-06-07 | 02:18 PM
Lubs
Pole Position

Wow, we sure are a sensitive bunch. I probably shouldn't have used the word 'must' and instead used 'are', because I know for a fact that many of the wealthy people in Dubai are foreigners. Not all of them, but many. This includes people from neighbouring countries in the middle east. And in no way is that an insult towards the citizens of the UAE; there is a pride in attracting successful people around the world to your country.

How do I know this? For one, a good college friend of mine (Armenian) has been in Dubai for 2 years. And a childhood friend of mine grew up in Dubai, stayed in Canada until the end of high school and then returned there. His parents are Indian citizens. I keep in touch with both of them, and assuming they don't feed me BS, I have a decent perception of what Dubai is about.

All I said is the UAE has communities built for extremely wealthy people, and that attracts successful foreigners. That is a fact, do some research. Dubai does have a lot of wealth within itself, but it also serves as a hub for the middle east. Why are the plates from the UAE? Because most people that cruise around in SLRs have more than 1 home and 1 car.

I can see how the first sentence of my post could have been considered politically incorrect at first glance. However, after reading my entire post, why would you think I'm bad-mouthing the UAE? Did you even bother reading on?
Old 04-06-07 | 08:11 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Wow, we sure are a sensitive bunch. I probably shouldn't have used the word 'must' and instead used 'are', because I know for a fact that many of the wealthy people in Dubai are foreigners. Not all of them, but many. This includes people from neighbouring countries in the middle east. And in no way is that an insult towards the citizens of the UAE; there is a pride in attracting successful people around the world to your country.
Okay. And would these people not fall under the category of CITIZEN? If they are living in Dubai, have a house in Dubai and have a car in Dubai, I think it is safe to say that they are a citizen. What exactly is your definition of a citizen? I wouldn't exactly refer to the people from next-door countries as foreigners as they are all Arab.

How do I know this? For one, a good college friend of mine (Armenian) has been in Dubai for 2 years. And a childhood friend of mine grew up in Dubai, stayed in Canada until the end of high school and then returned there. His parents are Indian citizens. I keep in touch with both of them, and assuming they don't feed me BS, I have a decent perception of what Dubai is about.
Thats great. Your friend and most likely the real foreigners in Dubai are mainly there for business. People there don't buy a $500,000 car if they are only there for business. They have a house, job and car there which would again, make them a CITIZEN.

All I said is the UAE has communities built for extremely wealthy people, and that attracts successful foreigners. That is a fact, do some research. Dubai does have a lot of wealth within itself, but it also serves as a hub for the middle east. Why are the plates from the UAE? Because most people that cruise around in SLRs have more than 1 home and 1 car.
Like I said, If they own a home there, they are a CITIZEN. People don't buy SLR's and CLK-GTR's to park in the garage of their vacation homes.

I can see how the first sentence of my post could have been considered politically incorrect at first glance. However, after reading my entire post, why would you think I'm bad-mouthing the UAE? Did you even bother reading on?
Yes, I did read your entire post, thats why I made the comments that I did.

Maybe you have your own definition of citizen and foreigner that I don't know about. Because it seems by going with your definition of citizen, the entire United States is full of foreigners.
Old 04-06-07 | 08:40 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Robarapta
That's a good reason already - to be different LOL ...
True lol

One thing I would love too go to U.A.E (Dubai)

Honestly no taxes lol

Last edited by JessePS; 04-06-07 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Amazing Cars Of The UAE