Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Yesterday was a good day

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-07, 06:10 AM
mousiee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yesterday was a good day

Yesterday was a great day!

While out for lunch I saw a pretty green LS460, and then about half a block later I saw a white one. I have to say the green was the hotter of the two imo. The LS460 is a car I would do nothing to, ok you forced my hand, maybe wheels.

Then on my way to school I saw a white drop top M6. That was the first M6 I have seen on the streets. Needless to say, it was hot, and I am not a convertible man.

And, just when I thought my day could get no better, I see a grey M5. It’s something about that car that I just love.

This to me was an awesome day. I live in Richmond, VA. You usually do not see many $80,000 – $100,000 cars around here, but it is starting to pick up.
I just wanted to share my day with you all
Thanks

Mousiee
Old 04-07-07, 06:18 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah depends on what part of richmond you live in.
Old 04-07-07, 06:21 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

I've only seen one LS460 and it was in black. Plus was being test driven by a mechanic.

Only time I see an LS is when I pass in front of the Lexus dealer a couple mins from me.
Old 04-07-07, 08:06 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You should come over here to SoCal and see all the nice toys that people flaunt in the streets everyday... LD
Old 04-07-07, 08:24 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I live in Richmond, CA and I've seen one LS 460. Richmond is a pretty rough neighborhood and I sure do miss SoCal. There are tons of nice cars roaming the streets down there...
Old 04-07-07, 08:54 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

I did a 260 mile loop yesterday from Cerritos to San Diego. Mostly on I-5 and I-8, in that time, I didn't spot a single LS in any generation. Don't they have these things in SD?
Old 04-07-07, 08:56 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
You should come over here to SoCal and see all the nice toys that people flaunt in the streets everyday... LD
True, SoCal is the center of the country's auto culture and easily its largest new-car market (my own D.C. area, for new cars, is the second-largest outside of SoCal). But the problem with areas like this is that while there are indeed a lot of nice cars, they can't GO anywhere...you start your engine and then sit in gridlock.
Old 04-07-07, 09:06 AM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Ah, I remember the days when I used to get excited seeing cars like those on the streets. I'm way too jaded for that now, the only cars that excite me are some Ferraris, Lambos, and other exotics. I have to admit that I have a smile on my face every time I leave my apartment and get into my new Corvette though
Old 04-07-07, 09:22 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

I expected to see more fancy cars when we moved to Tampa, but that hasn't been the case. I've seen a very small handful of "lower end" Ferraris, and few Bentleys, but that's about it.
Old 04-07-07, 09:49 AM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

I see at least 4-5 LSs everyday here in socal and 2 gallardos yesterday. I must admit that I was turned off by the nasty exhaust note

Must be the rarity or just being desensitize, but I was more excited to see a z06, just 1 so far
Old 04-07-07, 11:38 AM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

In Atlanta there are so many expensive/exotic cars. The nicest that I've seen were the Porsche Carrera GT, Maybach, Rolls Royce Phantom, and a couple of Aston Martin DB9s and Vanquish. Also see a lot of Bentley Continental GTs. And I've only seen one Mercedes-Benz AMG 65. It was the S65 AMG.
Old 04-07-07, 03:22 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lsportline43
And I've only seen one Mercedes-Benz AMG 65. It was the S65 AMG.
Funny. At my condo for example, there is an SL55 AMG and S55 AMG, two M6, and a Maybach 57, parked casually in the open. I don't even want to know what's parked behind most garages.

Yeah. I see them everyday...
Old 04-07-07, 03:35 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

I drive past 2 M5s on the way to work every single day. There must be someone with an Orange Gallardo in the neighborhood because I always see one cruising by the park I shoot hoops at (gated). I don't know how so many people make so much money!
Old 04-07-07, 03:36 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

There's a couple amazing exotics in Montreal. Only time you see them is in the summer. Couple people in the winter drive their 997's around.

Nicest combo I saw was last summer parked in front of Montreal's only 5 star hotel the St James. A Rolls Royce Phantom and Maybach 57S which both are owned by the hotel. Plus they own also a Bentley Continental GT.

Plus now they are purchasing a yatch.

One thing in the summer you can see alot of Gallardo's and F360 or F430 driving around.

There is supposable a Porsche GT1 and MB SLR around my area, still havent seen them yet.

Best thing I am moving about 2 blocks away from the hotel which is near some hot action in the summer.

I heard from my father. Someone he does business with bought 7 white LX470's, which was amazing until the company went under. Thing is the guy was able to keep his F430 though hehe.

Last edited by JessePS; 04-07-07 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-07-07, 03:37 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mousiee
Yesterday was a great day!

While out for lunch I saw a pretty green LS460, and then about half a block later I saw a white one. I have to say the green was the hotter of the two imo. The LS460 is a car I would do nothing to, ok you forced my hand, maybe wheels.

Then on my way to school I saw a white drop top M6. That was the first M6 I have seen on the streets. Needless to say, it was hot, and I am not a convertible man.

And, just when I thought my day could get no better, I see a grey M5. It’s something about that car that I just love.

This to me was an awesome day. I live in Richmond, VA. You usually do not see many $80,000 – $100,000 cars around here, but it is starting to pick up.
I just wanted to share my day with you all
Thanks

Mousiee
Thanks for sharing, that was a pretty lucky chain of encounters. I have seen an M5 or two but not yet an M6. I really like the green (Verdigris Mica) LS 460 too, I've seen both the regular and L versions.

Quick Reply: Yesterday was a good day