Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Pursuit of Innovation Award

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-07, 12:25 PM
ToyotaFan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Pursuit of Innovation Award

Cash prizes available, but it's for the dealers.

Lexus is looking for a few good ideas. And they are willing to pay big bucks to get them. As part of its new campaign, which Lexus is calling its "Pursuit of Innovation Award," the automaker will be handing out four regional awards of $50,000 each for innovative customer service improvement concepts. Another $25,000 had been set aside for second and third place winners in each region. Before you get your hopes up, understand that this is for Lexus dealers. Corporate decided it needed some changes to stay ahead of the competition and thought it would be better to get suggestions from the front lines rather than handing them down from their ivory pearl tower.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/09/l...idea-get-cash/
Old 04-12-07, 04:50 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is a pretty good idea, assuming that pretty good customer service improvements arise from this. I hope they will choose ingenious yet practical ideas, and not ones that are overly avant-garde.

Someone on another site mentioned making the buffet lunches more often...hehe I don't know if I can freeload that easily...
Old 04-12-07, 08:17 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Definately a great idea.

Dealers not only need to read Lexus manuals on how to take care of their clients. They should be proactive and find solutions in providing utmost customer service in this market.

Dealers should understand that part of the luxury car buying experience is the luxury service that accompanies it, not just the big fat check buyers cut for the sale of the car...
Old 04-12-07, 08:56 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
I hope they will choose ingenious yet practical ideas, and not ones that are overly avant-garde.
That's the key right there. As long as the ideas are truly useful, and not just techno-fluff.

I'd love to see an option that allows passengers to change the density of the seats, kind of like "sleep-number" for cars. Some people like the seats soft, some like them firm. Why not give people the ability to choose each time they step into the car?