Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1. 07 TL-S vs. #2. 07 IS350 vs #3. G35 at Willow Springs Racetrack.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-07, 12:25 AM
D&G
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leedogg
after working through every possible reason, the conclusion is that it must have been the tires?
Dam right sherlock!!!!
Old 04-26-07, 03:46 AM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D&G
I know TL's are pretty quick sedans but did not know they can beat us out!!! That is just wrong!!!! FWD beats out RWD!!! That is impossible!!! Straight line...we will kick those TL's **** no probs!! Possibly it was the driver to blame for this. Anyhow...congrats to Acura TL's for the win...as much as I hate saying it!!!
honda/acura is amazing at FWD handling.... ITRs and Preludes....best FWD handling cars i have ever driven around a track. I'm not suprised the TL-S handled as well as it did.
Old 05-11-07, 01:23 AM
722ish
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, i agree with tires not making the car. I dont think that tires can create a situation that would be crippling, based on the fact that they are all very similar cars when it boils down to it. If some of you guys have not driven a TL, i invite you to, you may get a feel for the poise and athleticisim. I looked into the TL and IS350 very heavily before purchasing a TL, and my final choice was based on price, warranty, and availability to me. I also much prefer the bluetooth/navi/voicecommand/audio system, and fell for the cost of ownership. Not once did i ever think the IS was an inferior car, i just found more value in my less expensive TL! I do still love the IS, and plan on owning an IS-F when they are available. Ok, the TL has come with brembo brakes(front only) for some time now. 04-06 was only available with the 6speed. Now, all TL-s only get it, regardless of the transmission. Same caliper as the EVO/STI fronts. I assure you however, the rear brakes leave something to be desired! Non-vented, tiny little guys which are fairly dissapointing to me. Not sure of the other cars braking capacities, but maybe helpful nontheless. The main reason i posted, was to mention the re030 tires. My car was equipped with those and as good as they may be, dry grip is excellent, im not sure i would walk on that one until i saw the other tires used in the testing. They are great tires, BUT, plain and simple, i have had MUCH better that have lasted a good bit longer!

Either way, i enjoy the discussions on this site, civil and organized, even on supraforums they can get out of hand sometimes! Thanks for making this what it is everyone, hopefully some of this can bleed out, as others have said before

Take care
Mark

Last edited by 722ish; 05-11-07 at 01:26 AM.