Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Car Sponsonship

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07, 10:40 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My company deals with CarSponsorships.com. Its a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. I would do it if I was into the whole show thing with my own car.
Old 04-14-07, 02:18 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't get a sponsorship unless you really need one. If you really need one, you probably shouldn't be entering car shows anyway. I was sponsored with my car club, and while I appreciate everything the sponsoring company offered, it is a PITA because you will have to sign a contract and are bounded to it. If there is a car show coming up that you supposed to enter and your car gets into an accident, that is no excuse and you MUST fixt your car and get it back to show condition by show time or you risk a breach of contract. That could mean you pay back in full all that was sponspored to you. If this is your daily driver, I probably would recomend anyone not have the car sponspored. If this is a "Show" only car, then a sponsporship makes a lot more sense.
Old 04-14-07, 12:10 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
Car sponsorships is a scam.
Not necessarily, several years ago Fluidyne gave me a free radiator for my Integra since I was going to be shot for Superstreet. Sparco gave me cost on items. Neither company made me sign a contract that I had to go to a X number of shows or what not. Some companies will, some will not. Before you get a sponsorship, it's your responsibility to see what you are getting into. Like any business deal, examine all the details carefully and see if it's worth it to you or not before you sign on the dotted line (or verbal agreement or w/e).
Old 04-14-07, 12:24 PM
Miller
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I don't believe in 'show only' cars. Cars are meant to be driven and thats what I intend to do. On that note, you guys are a great help and resource, and I am going to look into what they have to offer but I'm not just going to jump on an offer simply to be sponsored, you are right it is business and I'm going to have to make sure it's benificial and that fits my situation and needs.