Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Buick Riviera Concept Revealed ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-08, 06:32 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

If Buick really wanted to cater to their customers they would make room for a walker. No j/k
Old 01-10-08, 07:10 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
If Buick really wanted to cater to their customers they would make room for a walker. No j/k
Why do you guys keep buying into that same nonsense? Over and over again...the same old incorrect stereotypes.
Old 01-10-08, 07:50 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's definitely not you grandma's Roadmaster, that's for sure. It looks like GM is trying to revive Buick, just like what they did with Cadillac.

If that car ever makes production, I'm sure it won't look anything like that.
Old 01-10-08, 07:56 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Why do you guys keep buying into that same nonsense? Over and over again...the same old incorrect stereotypes.

Because for 1-its accurate(Buick owners are on average 65-70-proven all over), and 2-we know you will respond.
Old 01-10-08, 09:03 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Buicks are considered status symbols in China, much like MB here in the US.
Old 01-10-08, 09:19 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Yeah.. but my relative got a Chevy Lecetti/Aveo? (I don't know the name here as I only watched Top Gear's Lecetti and kinda remembered...) that was re badged to a Buick... it's a little run around sedan... I don't think there's any status symbol for that... as I remember it's actually a Daewoo? so from Daewoo to Chevy to Buick..... I don't know about that.....

But it's funny that I saw for my first time the new S class over in China and not Vancouver or Hong Kong

BTW if I'm in China, I'd like to get a Oddessy as it's the Japan version, but left hand drive.
Old 01-11-08, 07:46 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

More pics

Old 01-11-08, 05:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Because for 1-its accurate(Buick owners are on average 65-70-proven all over), and 2-we know you will respond.
Average ages mean that....average. Lots of younger people drive them as well. In fact, today I saw a Cadillac De Ville, a car with even more of a "senior" reputation than Buick, full of young guys with caps on backwards.....including the driver.
Old 01-11-08, 07:04 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

There is aways the exception to the rule and you know that. Surely you already exhausted your resources on the subject and by now know the average age is 68 years of age. Like you said- average is average which means for every 20 year old driving a Buick there is someone a lot older than 68 with one as well.
Old 01-11-08, 09:03 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The average age of Lexus drivers is 61. 70% of owners are retired. I wonder how much closer that number would be to Buick's if the IS didn't exist.

For comparison, the average age of Cadillac drivers is 59.
Old 01-11-08, 09:17 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrUnBiased
The average age of Lexus drivers is 61. 70% of owners are retired. I wonder how much closer that number would be to Buick's if the IS didn't exist.

Ahhh, no. The average age of a ES350 buyer is 61 and mostly retired so says many-not Lexus as a whole. From what I have read in the past the average age of a Lexus owner is 53. This was a few years ago so perhaps things have changed a bit but 61 is a bit off I think. Even if it was correct that is still far below the average of 68 for Buick owners. I believe Buick has the highest average age for a car company. I am sure someone here can post more current results.
Old 01-11-08, 10:02 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Ahhh, no. The average age of a ES350 buyer is 61 and mostly retired so says many-not Lexus as a whole. From what I have read in the past the average age of a Lexus owner is 53. This was a few years ago so perhaps things have changed a bit but 61 is a bit off I think. Even if it was correct that is still far below the average of 68 for Buick owners. I believe Buick has the highest average age for a car company. I am sure someone here can post more current results.

Ahhhhh, YES (They got their info from Toyota directly): http://www.askmen.com/cars/car_revie...ar_review.html

61 is actually not far below 68. There really isn't many other car companies that are up in the 60's. Maybe Jaguar?

With all this said, WHO CARES? Just because Buick has an average driver age of 68, that doesn't mean they can't design and build more youthful and athletic cars. Look at Cadillac, they have a younger average driver age than Lexus now. There is nothing wrong with a car brand attracting older drivers. It's a nice fact to throw out though when there is no other way to poke at a non-favorite car brand of choice.
Old 01-11-08, 10:07 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by magnetik
got to admit.. that's some sick lighting. I can imagine that rolling behind me. not diggin the hood light tho that much

(here i was planning on jumping in and dumping on Buick after my moms last 2 cars) hehe

lol now you cant argue about the front end at least, now that is just pretty cool.
Old 01-11-08, 10:14 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DrUnBiased

This topic is about the Buick, not about Lexus avg buyer age. That figure, I have never seen before. It is mid 50s last I read.

THat said, I like Buicks and I wish more cars would cater to the non-sport market, not everyone wants a 911....

Old 01-11-08, 10:45 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This topic is about the Buick, not about Lexus avg buyer age. That figure, I have never seen before. It is mid 50s last I read.
Maybe I missed it in the forum guidelines, but am I not allowed to refer to Lexus (or any other manufacturer for that matter) as a comparison in a topic that is not directly Lexus specific? Please let me know so I know for future reference.

I don't know when you last read but this article is about as recent as it gets and the author is using Toyota as its resource.

http://www.askmen.com/cars/car_revie...ar_review.html

Like I said, who cares?

Quick Reply: Buick Riviera Concept Revealed ...