Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota To Debut Two New Vehicles At 2007 Sema Show

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-07, 09:59 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Toyota To Debut Two New Vehicles At 2007 Sema Show

04/17/2007

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced today that Toyota will be the official "Vehicle Manufacturer of the Show" for the 2007 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade show in Las Vegas from October 30 to November 2.

"We are thrilled to be the official Vehicle Manufacturer of the 2007 SEMA Show," said Jim Farley, Toyota Division group vice president of marketing. "The SEMA Show has grown in leaps and bounds each year and has been instrumental to the growth of the aftermarket business and the ever-expanding partnerships between automakers and aftermarket suppliers. SEMA is very important to Toyota, and has become one of the key annual automotive events for us. In fact, in addition to being the official vehicle manufacturer, we are planning to stage a world premiere at this year's show."

The SEMA Show has been a significant showcase for Toyota and Scion project vehicles and important all-new product debuts. Last year, the all-new 2007 Toyota Tundra full-size pickup truck captured one of SEMA's prestigious design awards by being named the "most accessory friendly truck of the 2006 SEMA Show." SEMA has also been instrumental in helping Toyota demonstrate the vast accessory capabilities of vehicles such as the FJ Cruiser sport utility vehicle, the entire Scion model lineup, and many other products in the Toyota lineup.

Toyota's participation at SEMA continues to grow. This year, in addition to being the Vehicle Manufacturer of the 2007 SEMA Show, Toyota will expand its activity even further with official participation from its Lexus luxury division.

Credit: Toyota Motor Sales, USA
Old 04-18-07, 10:00 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Since Lexus was not present last year, they will be making a good presence this year with a host of aftermarket companies dressing up various Lexus models. The whole display will be centered around the new 2008 IS-F.
Old 04-18-07, 11:20 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Cant wait to see all the modded IS-F's they were talking about recently.
Old 04-18-07, 11:52 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Official Lexus representation, and a Toyota world premiere at SEMA? What could it possibly be?
Old 04-18-07, 12:19 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang that's a ways away...
Old 04-18-07, 12:31 PM
xioix
Racer

i would think new corolla at the sema show so it could grab after market suppliers
Old 04-18-07, 02:56 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xioix
i would think new corolla at the sema show so it could grab after market suppliers
I was thinking of that for a second, but an important car like that I would think Toyota would save for the Detroit show. Could it be the rumoured Toyota sports car I wonder?
Old 04-18-07, 04:50 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Supra?

Yeah, I know, I know...but it'd be great wouldn't it?
Old 04-18-07, 07:38 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by GFerg
Cant wait to see all the modded IS-F's they were talking about recently.
I doubt there will be any modded IS-F's at this year's SEMA simply because there are no IS-F's available to modify at this time. Plus the only vehicles available to the companies will be the IS, GS and SC. There will be a handful of LS available as well. I'll have more on that later on.
Old 04-18-07, 09:57 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

whatever it is, it better have a manual tranny that spins the wheels in the back >: (
Old 04-18-07, 10:42 PM
LexFather

Why don't we have a meet there around that time?

Old 04-19-07, 12:03 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Why don't we have a meet there around that time?
It's almost impossible to setup a meet during Sema. Meetings and appointments...it's a zoo. I tried to meet up with some of my friends who flew up from LA and SF and it was nearly impossible to hook up with them during that week.
Old 04-21-07, 07:57 AM
Koma

I'm thinking a tC replacement. Or some sports car from Scion/Toyota. I doubt a Lexus premier would happen at SEMA.
Old 04-28-07, 11:47 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Toyota To Debut Two New Vehicles At 2007 Sema Show

TOYOTA TO DEBUT TWO NEW VEHICLES AT 2007 SEMA SHOW

After recently announcing its vehicle manufacturer sponsorship of the 2007 SEMA Show, Toyota says it will also use the show to debut two new Toyota brand vehicles, according to a story in the Detroit Free Press.

The announcement underscores the importance of the specialty-equipment market and enthusiast with the automaker.

“Frankly, how we judge our success at Scion and Tundra will not be how many vehicles we customize but how many vehicles are on the floor at SEMA in other peoples’ displays,” says Jim Farley, group vice president, marketing for Toyota Motor Sales.

In addition to the dual world premieres, Toyota will also feature its Lexus brand at the SEMA Show for the first time.

“The SEMA Show has been instrumental to the growth of the aftermarket business and the ever-expanding partnerships between automakers and aftermarket suppliers,” Farley adds. “SEMA is very important to Toyota and has become one of the key annual automotive events for us.”

Farley previously led Toyota’s Scion brand and is trying to bring that brand’s customization spirit to the Tundra. Through Scion, Toyota learned that customers want to customize their car at the dealership, but aren’t always aware that it’s possible.

So far, Toyota has roughly doubled the number of direct aftermarket parts it offers for the Tundra to 45. It hopes to increase that number by partnering with more aftermarket suppliers.
http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=57227
Old 04-28-07, 12:09 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Official debut of new vehicles at a show dedicated to aftermarket mods? That's just odd. Still, I'm eager to see what new models they're gonna introduce, regardless of the occasion.

Quick Reply: Toyota To Debut Two New Vehicles At 2007 Sema Show