Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

350z - not impressed

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-07, 09:09 AM
Nismo350z
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
ok, it wasnt just one chip [i was @ lexus one day, handed them my visa and said 'upgrade everything u can']
... things upgraded definately include (but are not limited to)
i - ecu
ii - maf
iii - all limiters completely removed (ie. rev limiter)
iv - that thingy that makes sure absolutely all your gas is burned so theres no waste (yea i kno i sound highly educated rite here, but hey, what do i need to kno exactly what its called for? lexus knows that kinda stuff for me)

but i would like to point out that: this thread isnt about my IS hp, it actually isnt even about my IS ... its about why the 350z is not impressive

but what im talking about the FEELING of the 350z [note: the initial post where i talk about the heavy FEELING and the unresponcive FEELING]

if im shopping for a replacement car, then replacement car is to perform BETTER than IS and be FASTER than IS and MORE FUN than IS ... if i like the IS overall why would i get something else?

and just for the record: newr ... have you driven the 350z?

and now ... perhaps a return to topic?

The 350z is much faster, much better handling, and just a way more fun of a car. If you don't think so, I think you need to keep your IS300. Or take the 350z to a track where it really shines.
Old 04-23-07, 09:19 AM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

I like my cars for auto-cross, the 350z just isn't nimble enough for me. It belongs on a wide open track with Supras and 3000GTs, not tight courses. I don't live anywhere near a track so just auto-xs and canyon carving for me.

MR2, S2000, Elise, NSX, RX7 TT, Sky Redline, those are more my style. The 350z is more of a GT car and better daily driver, some people can live with the harsh suspension, or mid engine twitchyness, others can't, for those that want a tweener sports car get a 350z, the others are a bit hard core for daily driving.

Last edited by toy4two; 04-23-07 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-23-07, 09:36 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
... I would also probably just shell out a few thousand more for a STi or EVO, considering they provide even more performance, and are practical too.
this was my point ... one may as well pay a little bit more and get something much better

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
And I'm also a Supra guy, so I would probably pick up a used 97 MKIV rather than a new 350Z.
as in if some1 gave u a 350z u might keep it ... but if u were to go out to maybe buy a car, 350z probably wouldnt be it

Originally Posted by Nismo350z
The 350z is much faster, much better handling, and just a way more fun of a car. If you don't think so, I think you need to keep your IS300. Or take the 350z to a track where it really shines.
this is what im saying ... clearly im not going to replace my car w. a less fun, heavier, poorer handling car ... the amount of mods it would take to bring the 350z up to my standards makes it such that its no longer worth it

300zx isn't a car to handle well. It is very very heavy. It doesn't handle no where near the 350z does and its now officially slower stock with the new HR engine in the 350z.
if i were to buy a 300zx it would b for the blatent sports car factor ... and i would definatelty buy a twin turbo otherwise ... TOO SLOW

and Nismo350zyou didnt answer my question: what kind of lex do u drive? ...

toy4two: thank you for reading whats happened up until this point and making a relevant comment which would seem to b based on actual experience

Last edited by Faymester; 04-23-07 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-23-07, 09:53 AM
Nismo350z
Driver School Candidate

I have no idea what your talking about. The 350z blows the IS300 away in everything that you are speaking of. It seems to me your just here to trashtalk the 350z.

Your question had nothing related to the topic at hand.

Yes I use to have a Lexus I do not own one anymore. I actually had a friend that had a IS300 with Area59 chip, intake, and other mods done. The car was quick, but nothing like the 350z. And it didn't handle near as good either.

Last edited by Nismo350z; 04-23-07 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-23-07, 09:57 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

and just for the record: newr ... have you driven the 350z?
yes, and for the record, i have driven more car than you can ever imagine.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-23-07 at 12:06 PM. Reason: edited inappropiate comment
Old 04-23-07, 10:04 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

I have no idea what your talking about. The 350z blows the IS300 away in everything that you are speaking of. It seems to me your just here to trashtalk the 350z.

Your question had nothing related to the topic at hand.

Yes I use to have a Lexus I do not own one anymore. I actually had a friend that had a IS300 with Area59 chip, intake, and other mods done. The car was quick, but nothing like the 350z. And it didn't handle near as nimble either. But I will say you do not own a Lexus either. Your parents own it not yourself. Kinda funny how you removed your signiture when asking that question. lol. Since you had a SC430 and next to that it said your parents car. lol
let me break this down for you shall i?

1) it would seem to me (and anyone else following whats going on here) that you joined our forum here purely to defend your purchase ... u do not own a lex and 6 of your 7 posts are on THIS THREAD ... as i pointed out earlier i really wanted a 350z and i really wanted to like it (perhaps you didnt read that post)

2) i've never had a signature ... ask anyone on here (way to discredit yourself)

3) my parents do NOT own my lex ... i do ... and there is no mention of an sc430 anywhere on here (again, discrediting your self does not bode well in a debate) ... and you never asked anything about who owns my lex or what kind of lex it is (unless youre going back to modify your own threads to support your story ... more discrediting of yourself perhaps?)

4) i cant say anything for your friends IS300 but i can for mine ... i KNOW how it performs and i since i used it EVERYDAY i think i have a pretty good idea on what it can and cant do ...

5) i also said that i would give the coupe standard a chance (but perhaps u didnt read THAT eather)
Old 04-23-07, 10:06 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by newr
yes, and for the record, i have driven more car than you can ever imagine.
i asked if youve diriven a 350z purely to kno if you knew what you were talking about ... nothing to be offencive ... but many people want to have opinions on things they actually havent experienced

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-23-07 at 12:07 PM. Reason: edited reply to inappropiate quote
Old 04-23-07, 10:09 AM
Nismo350z
Driver School Candidate

Well when someone says the 350z doesn't compare to a IS300 in all the stuff you are saying, I have a right to correct that misinformation like everyone else is doing. I actually don't even own a 350z yet. I have to wait for them to hit the dealers in a few months. See my name. Nismo 350z. I removed that above but obviously I wasn't fast enough due to the slow server today. I remember seeing a signature under your name.

PS, I think you need to work on your english a lot. I won't continue, we all know here which car performs better and its not the IS300.

let me break this down for you shall i?

1) it would seem to me (and anyone else following whats going on here) that you joined our forum here purely to defend your purchase ... u do not own a lex and 6 of your 7 posts are on THIS THREAD ... as i pointed out earlier i really wanted a 350z and i really wanted to like it (perhaps you didnt read that post)

2) i've never had a signature ... ask anyone on here (way to discredit yourself)

3) my parents do NOT own my lex ... i do ... and there is no mention of an sc430 anywhere on here (again, discrediting your self does not bode well in a debate) ... and you never asked anything about who owns my lex or what kind of lex it is (unless youre going back to modify your own threads to support your story ... more discrediting of yourself perhaps?)

4) i cant say anything for your friends IS300 but i can for mine ... i KNOW how it performs and i since i used it EVERYDAY i think i have a pretty good idea on what it can and cant do ...

5) i also said that i would give the coupe standard a chance (but perhaps u didnt read THAT eather)
Old 04-23-07, 10:25 AM
Nismo350z
Driver School Candidate

Nice .... didn't expect that. Obviously you can't read. I am done here.

hahaha, hahaha, you dont even own a 350z? then what on earth do you have your back up for? ... you have to wait for them to hit the dealers? ... i think i wont touch that one

as for my english ... well, yea no i think im not going to touch that one either ... but what you probably meant was work on my punctuation ... and ill say for the record that im perfectly aware that im lacking punctuation ... everyone (but you seems to be able to understand what im saying)

Last edited by Nismo350z; 04-23-07 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-23-07, 10:44 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

yay we can return to the topic now ...
does anyone know what the next gen 350z will b like? ie. faster, lighter, cos if theres a G37 ... then new 350z cant be too far off (i seriouly want the car to b better so i can have one lol)

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-23-07 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-23-07, 10:49 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i havent the foggiest what you would be referring to here ... i own a modified is300 ... i definately drove the 350z around ... i gave my opinion on the 350z and i used my is300 as a measuring tool

note again ... my opinion
My friend had a modded IS300 that a while after purchasing a 350Z. He has the exact opposite feeling you have. His IS easily had more mods than yours, assuming you're listing most of what you have. He said there was not a whole lot of comparison driving the IS and Z. I've personally, drive both cars, albeit never on a track, but I too do not know how the IS can feel sportier or faster than a Z.
Old 04-23-07, 11:01 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Everyone should just calm down. I didn't believe Faymester either but that's her opinion and I didn't discredit it. Better to her may have a different meaning toanyone else.
I do understand your point guys. I haven't driven a modded IS300, haven't driven a 350Z. I have driven a stock IS300 and I own a G35 and there is no way I could believe anything less than a boosted IS300 with custom suspension would be a sportier ride than a 350Z.
Faymester is entitled to her opinions though. Nothing to get worked up about. Chill out everyone.
Old 04-23-07, 12:05 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

yeah, everyone needs to take a chill pill
i dont think faymester was really directly comparing the 350Z to her IS300 from my understanding of her posts
she only said that 350Z felt slow for the money it cost which is 60K CAD

she seems to be looking for something that is either bare minimum luxury + purist performance or luxury car that can pamper her and still let her to have fun with
Old 04-23-07, 12:11 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I have edited/removed some unnecessarily argumentative posts with personal comments. Please discuss in a civil & polite manner from this point on or the thread will be closed.
Old 04-23-07, 12:12 PM
MrSilvia
Driver School Candidate

She drove an auto, top of the line convertible which goes anywhere in the $39k-$42k range (correct me if I'm wrong) here in the U.S. That's a far cry from the faster (less heavy) base coupe model which starts at around $26-27k, that's a pretty large disparity in price right there. I think most of your complaints (slow, not enough headroom, price) would be addressed if you just checked out the coupe (try it with the 6 speed) Less heavy, less expensive etc.

Quick Reply: 350z - not impressed