Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jag XK - absolutely beautiful...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-07, 08:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,659 Posts
Default Jag XK - absolutely beautiful...

I've seen a couple of (or perhaps the same one in diff. locations) black convertible XK's and they're incredible.

Here's a nice pic of a non-convertible from Jaguar's site.

It might be another car where pics don't really do it justice though.
Attached Thumbnails Jag XK - absolutely beautiful...-xk.jpg  
Old 04-26-07, 08:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,659 Posts

Big version:

Old 04-26-07, 08:56 PM
LexFather

Paul I agree 100%. Two-Times (Aaron) and discuss it all the time. It is one of the few coupes today that is truly beautiful to look at. Not trendy, not gaudy, just a blend of class and agressiveness.

Old 04-26-07, 09:01 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the coupe looks better than the convertible. This one looks really nice but I think the last gen looked a little better, that car was so beautiful. I was really close to buying one last summer but I chose the GS instead because I was afraid of the maintenance costs. These Jags lose their value VERY quickly, if you can handle the potential maintenance, they're a great deal used
Old 04-26-07, 09:14 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love it.

It was designed by Ian Cullum, who designs cars for Aston Martin.

If you can't afford an Aston Vantage ($130k), you can get the XK-R for $40k less....
Old 04-26-07, 09:50 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Oh hell yea. Always been a huge Jag fan. Think they still make some of the best looking cars on the road.

Reading countless reviews on the XK, seems like there isnt much to complain about either. Best though was seeing Top Gear give it higher marks than the Aston. That was a shocker.

Pic I took 2 weeks ago at NYIAS...
Old 04-26-07, 10:05 PM
LexFather

Old 04-26-07, 10:13 PM
LexFather

Old 04-26-07, 10:14 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I like the coupe better than the convertible version also. I agree the new XK looks good from most angles(still dislike the headlights) but the last generation XK looks better overall. And here, there's a dealership that sells both the Jag & the Aston, & it's hard to fall in love with the XK with the Aston's in the same show room . . .
Old 04-26-07, 10:21 PM
LexFather

bit, please excuse me as I have a lot of enthusiasm for this car. Here is my blog on myspace about it and I added more to it.
XK-R=sex, lots of sex..its beautiful
There are some cars that look good in pics and **** poor in person. There are some cars that look **** poor in pics and good in person. There are some cars that look good to some people and not so good to some people.

Then you have cars like this one, rare gems. Designed by Ian Callum, this car is just perfect in proportions, PERIOD. Even with Europe trying to destroy good looking cars with asinine "pedestrian" safety protection, Ian got it right. If you don't understand the beauty in this car, don't visit my page again and we should probably ban you from the internet. This car is fantastic and seeing it in person, just made me drool and I couldn't stop hunching it. Overall its a fantastic car, 420hp S/C V-8, aluminum and handles fantastic. The interior is nice but IMO, its not nice enough. Oh and Jag, where is the #()$()# sunroof??

You might say to yourself "looks kinda like an Aston Martin" well it was designed by Mr. Callum who was at Aston Martin previously. His work on the DB 7 and 9 are perfect as well.

In an era where designers'
1. Copy
2. Copy and do a **** poor job
3. Make the computer that designed robo-cop, design cars.
4. Have never seen clay.
5. Are drunk...95% of the day and draw cars that way.
6. Think random lines add "energy" and "athleticism" when really, it just adds dumbass lines to the car.
7. Think "HEY LOOK AT ME" design is what is beautiful.
8. Think giant FENDERFLARES are the answer and then tell the engineers to slap 24" wheels on or the car will look ridiculous.

It is refreshing to see something as BEAUTIFUL as this come out.

More pics. I love this car!!

Old 04-26-07, 10:59 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a gorgeous automobile. There is one always parked on the lot at a local Jaguar dealer and I can't stop looking at that car everytime I pass by there. Its a black coupe and IMO it is the best looking coupe that can be had for uner $100k brand new. I dont like the coupe as much, but in general, I dont like many convertibles.
Old 04-26-07, 11:08 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pure sex. ill take an XKR in black, thanks. black leather with light wood and luxury package. if only i had 100k....
Old 04-26-07, 11:17 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

So this is the car who's design was inspired by Kate Winslet...hmmm...

...I think it's quite attractive
Old 04-26-07, 11:46 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

This car is a winner looks wise.
Old 04-27-07, 12:33 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

There are a lot of things I like about this car, and I'm definitely warming up to it real badly especially after sitting in one at the auto show. However, damn those European pedestrian laws for making the snout so huge, high and ungainly!!! Several people have said it looks Taurus-y and it definitely doesn't look as bad in pictures but think about how gorgeous this car would have been without those 'tarded pedestrian laws in place. P.S. I also don't really get the headlamps. I feel like their shape doesn't really flow with anything else on the car. Other than that, it's hard to not absolutely love the rest of it; the greenhouse, those Jaguar cat shoulders, the smooth, taut lines. Beautiful!

Quick Reply: Jag XK - absolutely beautiful...