Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Refueling - Loaner car

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-08, 03:51 PM
LexFather

Loaner policies continue to change.

At Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett, they now have a "Loaner guy" who gets your license, prints your stuff out and then both of you inspect the car together before you drive off. Its to protect the dealer. They have told me tons of stories of people just crapping on loaners and leaving the dealer with the fix it bill.

I believe if you keep the loaner past when they expect you to return it you are charged (not me though )

I encountered the new process last time and didn't mind it at all.

As for gas, I will do the ETHICAL thing and return the loaner with the same level of gas I got it with. We all know gas is eating up every business in the expense column.

If we don't put gas in it, trust me, they will offset something, somewhere.

Heck, I've had a damn 18 wheeler tire bust and crack the headlight of my ES 330 loaner 2 years ago. $800 out my pocket!!!

Old 04-25-08, 04:06 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Insurance didnt cover it?
Old 04-25-08, 04:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by litesoarer
Insurance didnt cover it?
They gave me some b.s and I didn't want to pursue further (nor risk any rate increase) so I just paid it. ( I am a fan of State Farm Insurance)

Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnet is so outstanding, we inspected the car and said "we can fix most of it" instead of just raping me for a new front everything. Then I was told "just pay us by the end of the month".

I cannot say enough positive comments about that dealership and its staff of professionals.

Old 04-25-08, 04:18 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, but wouldn't the 18 wheeler's insurance have to pay, since a part of it is what struck the vehicle.

I would have flagged down that fool and gotten his information.
Old 04-25-08, 04:20 PM
LexFather

Yes, but wouldn't the 18 wheeler's insurance have to pay, since a part of it is what struck the vehicle.

I would have flagged down that fool and gotten his information.
That is correct. IT seems if the tire was attached to the truck, it is their fault and I would have been okay.

Here in Atlanta, 285 is basically an 18 wheeler deomolition durby. Which means there is TONS of tire debris on the road. I am not exaggerating.

The tire was off the truck, I saw the car in front of me swerve, then WHAM tire cracks loaner headlight. I had no idea how long it was there or what truck it was from.

It was like 1/2 the tire!!!

So its called "Debris" and my fault.

Old 04-25-08, 04:50 PM
MrBruin09
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

20 cents difference?? Where are you, because i'd like to order a tanker from there.

Here, premium is a minimum of $.30/gal upward price difference, and in some cases up to +$.50/gal difference.
ok at $.30 a difference for a 15 gallon tank a whopping $4.50

And I don't know where you going to get gas which costs $.50 more for premium than regular, but that would $ 7.50.
Old 04-25-08, 04:58 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That is correct. IT seems if the tire was attached to the truck, it is their fault and I would have been okay.

Here in Atlanta, 285 is basically an 18 wheeler deomolition durby. Which means there is TONS of tire debris on the road. I am not exaggerating.

The tire was off the truck, I saw the car in front of me swerve, then WHAM tire cracks loaner headlight. I had no idea how long it was there or what truck it was from.

It was like 1/2 the tire!!!

So its called "Debris" and my fault.
Oh..i see...Now that makes more sense.