Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

It's official : Porsche proposes to Volkswagen - mandatory offer for Volkswagen share

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-07, 10:50 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default It's official : Porsche proposes to Volkswagen - mandatory offer for Volkswagen share

PRESS RELEASE :

Porsche submits mandatory offer for Volkswagen shares

Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, Germany, submitted its mandatory offer to acquire shares of Volkswagen AG, Wolfsburg, Germany, on this Monday after the offer documentation was officially approved by the Federal Agency for Financial Services Supervision (BaFin) for publication. The acceptance period is limited to approximately four weeks and ends on May 29, 2007. The price offered to the Volkswagen shareholders amounts to €100.92 per common share and €65.54 per preferred share, which represents the minimum price required by law. Porsche does not consider a premium on the minimum price to be appropriate, as the price of Volkswagen shares has risen significantly since the Stuttgart-based sports car manufacturer took an interest in the company. The mandatory offer, which is not conditional upon attainment of a minimum acceptance level, can be found on and downloaded from the Porsche website at http://www.porsche.com/germany/about...storrelations/.
Old 05-01-07, 11:51 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is such a nice spin off. Instead of VW buying out Prosche they made it somehow the other way around
Old 05-01-07, 11:55 AM
Vlad_Stein
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how it is going to impact Audi and Lamborghini, since they potentially overlap with some of the Porsche models from bottom and top, respectively.
Old 05-01-07, 01:06 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladi
This is such a nice spin off. Instead of VW buying out Prosche they made it somehow the other way around
I've never heard of VW trying to buy out Porsche. I thought the owner of Porsche was the highest shareholder of VAG.
Old 05-01-07, 02:10 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vlad_Stein
I wonder how it is going to impact Audi and Lamborghini, since they potentially overlap with some of the Porsche models from bottom and top, respectively.
I heard it will affect Lamborghini and Bugatti the most.

Thing that sucks, Bugatti gets back on their feet and they might be kicked out and going to start all over again

I just hope Porsche/VW keeps Bugatti though they can probably do wonderful things with that marky (?sp)

Last edited by JessePS; 05-01-07 at 05:30 PM.