Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What Your Car Says About Your Personality ? (FORBES)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-07, 09:19 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default What Your Car Says About Your Personality ? (FORBES)

Have you ever wondered what does your car say about you ? your personality ?

Forbes made a list with the coolest car arround, and what do this car tell about their owners.

Aston Martin DB9 two-door - $165,400: You are self-made, and even though you spent upward of $200,000 on a car, you are not showy. Aston owners, says company spokesman Matthew Clarke, "are not particularly extroverted when it comes to their wealth." They are "the sort of people who would prefer to wear the designer brand on the inside rather than the outside."

Bentley Arnage sedan - $212,990: Your net worth is around $30 million, but you probably came from ordinary means. You chose this premier British luxury sedan and not its most-similar competitor, Rolls-Royce’s attention-getting Phantom, because you prefer a car that is more discreet. You are more interested in rewarding yourself than making a statement.

Cadillac Escalade SUV - $55,400: You make around $175,000 a year. You speak your mind and are unapologetic. You enjoy life and do a lot of entertaining. You seize life’s opportunities. You think, "I have to be out doing something. I want to accomplish something." You take risks. You would rather fail than not try.

Chevrolet Corvette two-door - $44,995: You are aggressive and in control. You appreciate style and visual aesthetics in homes, cars and architecture. You are successful and seek adventure. And you are probably something of a fanatic; over 95,000 people belong to Corvette clubs, and the National Corvette Museum has 20,000 members.

Chevrolet Monte Carlo coupe - $21,700: You are between 45 and 55. Your income is between $65,000 and $75,000. There is a 40% chance you graduated from college. You watch racing on TV. You like to show off and stand out from the crowd. You are image-conscious and looking for a way to rebel.

Chrysler Town & Country minivan - $22,440: Chrysler designed the car for married couples aged 35 to 45. This kind of couple will have two or more children over the age of six at home and a household income of around $80,000—but these are the "target customers." According to Chrysler, the van’s "secondary customers" are empty-nesters, aged 55 to 65.

Dodge Viper two-door - $81,895: You are a man’s man; 96% of Viper owners are guys. You are an executive, manager or business owner. Driving is one of your favorite things to do, and you want to stand out in a crowd. You want your car to be able to outperform most others on the road.

Ferrari F430 two-door - $168,005: You are rich, passionate and highly educated. Owning an Italian car means a lot to you, as does commanding technology imported from Ferrari’s world-championship winning race cars.

Honda Civic coupe and sedan - $14,810: Your biggest hobbies are watching TV, going to the movies, reading, domestic travel and conversations with friends. Your biggest emotional desires are feeling secure, feeling in control of your life, having fun, having your needs met and having a sense of freedom.

Honda Odyssey minivan - $25,645: Your biggest hobbies are domestic travel, family gatherings, church functions, conversations with friends and reading. Your biggest emotional desires are feeling secure, feeling safe, making smart choices, feeling in control of your life and feeling proud of your achievements.

Jeep Wrangler SUV - $19,145: The chance you take your car off-road is over 60%. Rather than dream of adventure, you can and do experience it with such activities as backpacking, mountain biking and kayaking. You have always wanted a Wrangler. You are outdoorsy and seek excitement, physical challenge and freedom.

Lexus LS sedan - $61,000: You like to travel to exotic locations. You enjoy exercising, reading books and taking classes for personal self-development. You are married and family-oriented, and you make around $175,000 a year. You are around 64 years old. To you, intelligence and politeness are guiding principles in life.

Mercedes-Benz S-Class sedan - $86,525: You want to go to the 21 Club, but not necessarily with somebody else: Mercedes says that in a survey 76% of S-Class buyers listed "fine dining" as their favorite recreational activity, but only 49% listed "conversations." Fifty-seven percent listed domestic travel, 54% listed foreign travel and 44% listed watching sports on TV.

Nissan 350Z two-door - $27,900: Compared with buyers of similar sports cars, you are younger and have a smaller chance of being married. You have a higher chance of being black or Hispanic, and a higher chance of wanting to own a pet. The thing you want to feel most is confidence. Having a safe vehicle that you can trust is more important to you than having a vehicle that is fun to drive.

Porsche 911 two-door - $72,400: Eighty-eight percent of Porsche 911 owners are male. Your household income is around $390,000, and you are most likely a doctor or a lawyer with your own business or practice. You are about 51 years old.

Rolls-Royce Phantom sedan - $328,750: You have over $25 million in liquid assets, three to five homes and six or more cars. You wrote a check for your Phantom, and neither you nor any of your fellow Phantom owners have ever asked how much the Phantom costs per month, although you did ask about its gas mileage (13/19 miles per gallon, city/highway).

Volkswagen Jetta sedan - $16,490: Compared with the general population, you are 98% more likely to have a job in technology, 70% more likely to listen to music in your free time, 40% less likely to be divorced, 37% more likely to use sunblock, 154% more likely to snowboard, 51% more likely to think your car should catch people’s attention, 65% more likely to drive faster than normal and 30% more likely to recycle
http://www.forbes.com/2007/05/09/car...10carsays.html
Old 05-11-07, 09:30 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol at the jetta
Old 05-11-07, 09:59 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Escalade=$175,000 a year....WTH???? Selling drugs is a good living but i'm sure not everyone is that good at it.
Old 05-12-07, 03:43 AM
JDM
Lead Lap

You dont have to be good at selling drugs for a living, actually you have to be pretty dumb.
Old 05-12-07, 03:53 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Most of this is a bunch of so-called "image" stuff, and I won't go into that again...you guys know how I feel about that. But, indeed, there IS some truth to the Wrangler, Viper, and Porsche 911 write-ups. Jeep Wrangler owners, as a whole, DO go off-road much more than the average SUV owner. Dodge Viper owners ARE overwhelmingly male....I don't ever remember seeing a female driving one. And Porsche 911 drivers, while not as overwhelmingly male as Viper owners, are indeed predominately male....though we recently had a CL post where an 18-year old girl in CA stole her father's new Carrera, joyrided it at triple-digit speeds, and totalled it into a toll-both post, killing herself.

You also have to remember that this is a Forbes list. The people at Forbes are essentially financial people, not auto enthusiasts like us.
Old 05-12-07, 04:17 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

some parts for the jetta lol ... one thing i dont snowboard :s
Old 05-12-07, 04:48 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Lexus LS sedan - $61,000: You like to travel to exotic locations. You enjoy exercising, reading books and taking classes for personal self-development. You are married and family-oriented, and you make around $175,000 a year. You are around 64 years old. To you, intelligence and politeness are guiding principles in life.
What bull****.
My car was easily 70k$, I don't exercise worth a damn and I take classes because I *have* to for my majors.
I'm 19, I make no money, and I'm a *****.

**** Forbes and their pretentious editors.
Old 05-12-07, 04:52 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by vraa
What bull****.
My car was easily 70k$, I don't exercise worth a damn and I take classes because I *have* to for my majors.
I'm 19, I make no money,
19, and no money, and you have a $70,000 car?
Rich parents?

I do agree with you on one thing, though. There is nothing wrong with a 19 year old having a traditional luxury car. I had a big Buick (among other vehicles) when I was 19...and loved it.
Old 05-12-07, 05:47 AM
freddymoo
Pole Position

"Nissan 350Z two-door - $27,900: Compared with buyers of similar sports cars, you are younger and have a smaller chance of being married. You have a higher chance of being black or Hispanic, and a higher chance of wanting to own a pet. The thing you want to feel most is confidence. Having a safe vehicle that you can trust is more important to you than having a vehicle that is fun to drive."

facking joke...
Old 05-12-07, 06:11 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
19, and no money, and you have a $70,000 car?
Rich parents?

I do agree with you on one thing, though. There is nothing wrong with a 19 year old having a traditional luxury car. I had a big Buick (among other vehicles) when I was 19...and loved it.
Very.

Nothing wrong with having a luxury car -- I just wanted to pick out Forbes.

Been a subscriber to the print magazine for many years now
Old 05-12-07, 06:50 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vraa
I'm a *****.
That's commendably honest of you - I'm not sure I would be so forthcoming on a public forum.
Old 05-12-07, 07:28 AM
Milla...

Soooo Forbe editors are are reading Terra Cards now.....

Oh and I must say this, assuming Escalade owners are drug dealers is very very ignorant.

Last edited by Milla...; 05-12-07 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-12-07, 10:32 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Milla...
Oh and I must say this, assuming Escalade owners are drug dealers is very very ignorant.
More likely, they are pro sports guys or entertainers. Escalades are quite popular with rap singers. Some, of course, are involved with drugs.....others aren't.
Old 05-12-07, 10:44 AM
Milla...

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Some, of course, are involved with drugs.....others aren't.
As with most big body luxury makes. MB/ BMW etc.
Old 05-12-07, 10:46 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Is350...

"Individuals that drive the IS350 are thought to have a calm, patient, modest, reliable, loyal, affectionate, sensuous, ambitious, and determined character, but one which is also prone to hedonism, laziness, inflexibility, jealousy, and antipathy. Generally, there is something distinctly sensual about their appearance."

Just my guess...

Quick Reply: What Your Car Says About Your Personality ? (FORBES)