Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Any links to 07 Camry dyno runs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-07, 07:19 PM
jdoggg1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any links to 07 Camry dyno runs?

I've searched my brains out and can't seem to find it.

Thanks!
Old 05-14-07, 07:37 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

LOL, why????
Old 05-14-07, 07:43 PM
jdoggg1
Lead Lap

Argument i'm having with a tool... I'm a fan of American AND Imports, he's a mustang fanboy. I'm trying to explain to him that the v6 in the new camry is superior to the V6 in the new mustang. I'd like to have a dyno chart to support my claim instead of just going off of the static hp/torque numbers.

I'm looking into buying an 07 camry or an 02 IS300... i'm just having a hard time justifying the IS300 to myself in terms of practicality. I'm replacing an 96 Integra that I love, but shes got 150k miles on her and she's starting to feel her age.
Old 05-14-07, 08:24 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

1) The V6 in the Mustang is garbage, why would anybody even argue about it? A V6 Stang is a girl's car, there is no reason to get any Mustang without a V8

2) DON'T buy a Camry. Trust me. I drove one for 6 years, it's the most boring car on earth
Old 05-14-07, 08:40 PM
jdoggg1
Lead Lap

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y

Thats where it's being argued...

As far as the camry being bland, i agree... but I've just heard such good things about the 07 that its hard to pass up... mostly b/c of the 33mpg out of a 268hp motor

How would a GS stack up compared to those 2... i know nothing about them. My budget is $20k after purchase costs.
Old 05-15-07, 07:01 AM
pito
Lead Lap

Camry is boring...

V6 mustang always has been boring...

Lexus GS looks sexy, can feel boring at times, but when u hit the gas..

IS, too small for me, I'm sure it feels wonderful though.
Old 05-15-07, 07:33 AM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by thetopdog
1) The V6 in the Mustang is garbage, why would anybody even argue about it? A V6 Stang is a girl's car, there is no reason to get any Mustang without a V8

2) DON'T buy a Camry. Trust me. I drove one for 6 years, it's the most boring car on earth
HAHAHAH Amen about the Mustangs.
Old 05-15-07, 07:35 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jdoggg1
Argument i'm having with a tool... I'm a fan of American AND Imports, he's a mustang fanboy. I'm trying to explain to him that the v6 in the new camry is superior to the V6 in the new mustang. I'd like to have a dyno chart to support my claim instead of just going off of the static hp/torque numbers.

I'm looking into buying an 07 camry or an 02 IS300... i'm just having a hard time justifying the IS300 to myself in terms of practicality. I'm replacing an 96 Integra that I love, but shes got 150k miles on her and she's starting to feel her age.
Just tell him stock for stock the 2GR-FSE V6 in the IS350 is FAR MORE Superior than the Mustang V6 and V8. Sure the V8 has greater potential as far as modding is concerned but out of the box the 2GR-FSE is more efficient than both and puts down power compriable to the V8 Mustang. They usually watch my tail lights at the track.. both flavors of STOCK mustangs.
Old 05-15-07, 07:44 AM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y

Thats where it's being argued...

As far as the camry being bland, i agree... but I've just heard such good things about the 07 that its hard to pass up... mostly b/c of the 33mpg out of a 268hp motor

How would a GS stack up compared to those 2... i know nothing about them. My budget is $20k after purchase costs.
WOW! I don't know why people don't shop around. A 25k budget puts one in range for most used cars and many nice luxury vehicles. One can just get a car fax and go to auto trader and find a clean used car for half the price. A lot of them still have warrenty in the 25k price range. I never buy new. I'm not rich enough yet .
Old 05-15-07, 12:36 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are some REALLY REALLY stupid people on that thread. I'd advise just to ignore it.

They have no concept of what torque really is; they seem to cling to the old myth of torque being what governs a cars acceleration. They don't understand powerbands and cling to stupid prejudices over origins.

I mean seriously, when people started commenting that the 210hp Mustang was "peppy" or "adequate" I started laughing.
Old 05-15-07, 12:45 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

I wouldn't be too quick to believe the MPG numbers. We bought our ES thinking "hey, 30 MPG! That's awesome!", only to wake up to the grim reality that the car has never turned better than 25.8 MPG in all-highway driving. I'm hoping that the new mileage ratings system starts showing what cars are actually capable of in real world driving.
Old 05-15-07, 01:31 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Who cares? The V6 mustang is slow - if you want a high performance Mustang, get the GT or Cobra. If you don't care about performance - get the V6.

Likewise I have no idea why somebody who cares about performance would buy a Camry in the first place.

Originally Posted by ff_
I wouldn't be too quick to believe the MPG numbers. We bought our ES thinking "hey, 30 MPG! That's awesome!", only to wake up to the grim reality that the car has never turned better than 25.8 MPG in all-highway driving. I'm hoping that the new mileage ratings system starts showing what cars are actually capable of in real world driving.
My parent's 4-cylinder '05 Camry barely manages to hit 31 mpg on the highway and 24 in the city. My dad complained about this and they just said 'nothing is wrong... results may vary depending on your driving habits'. Well I've SEEN my dad's driving habits and he drives like a freakin' old man... light throttle, idle cruises up to red lights, early shifts... he, if anyone, should be able to extract the best mileage Toyota has ever seen a Camry get - not well under the EPA ratings, as he is doing now.

He knows something is wrong with that car and I do to but there's no way to prove it to Toyota - they won't believe him. Toyota also seems to think it's acceptable for our 4runner to require premium fuel in order to not have hesitant/choppy startups. It's getting old - people buy these cars for fuel economy and to not have to worry about stupid little problems, but that does no good if the dealer won't stand behind their product.
Old 05-15-07, 01:47 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

EPA numbers are as useless as V6 Mustangs.

Hardly anyone I know gets EPA mileages.

The EPA (pre-2008 revision), tests the highway mileage at an average of 48 mph. A lot of city speed limit in my area is about 45mph already.

I rather have EPA underrate their numbers than overrate.
Old 05-15-07, 02:05 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
EPA numbers are as useless as V6 Mustangs.

Hardly anyone I know gets EPA mileages.

The EPA (pre-2008 revision), tests the highway mileage at an average of 48 mph. A lot of city speed limit in my area is about 45mph already.

I rather have EPA underrate their numbers than overrate.
FWIW, I have seen just as many cars seemingly incapable of even meeting their EPA ratings as I have seen cars that seem to be incapable of achieving anything close to as low as their EPA ratings.

For example, my A4 is rated at 23/34 ( http://www.threxx.com/car/a4/images/dsc00079.jpg )

I have not once gotten under 30 in the city (admittedly it's not like inner city stoplight to stoplight driving, but still...), and I average 38 on the highway with my record high of 41. That's not indicated, either - that's based on doing it the right way using fillups and the trip meter.
Old 05-15-07, 02:11 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Ah yes. Probably that's why. I live in Socal where traffic makes a prius look like a ford expedition when it comes to gas mileage.

I say if the EPA can rate their numbers to what satisfy those in Socal, then I'm sure everyone else in the US would be satisfied

Quick Reply: Any links to 07 Camry dyno runs?