Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Modded JDM Camry

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-07, 02:48 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Let's all agree that the practice of modifying a car is, in itself, impractical and unnecessary. But it is a hobby that many of us share and enjoy, and that's why we spend the money. Therefore, arguing about whether or not one should mod a Camry is pointless; there is no logical reason to do it, except for the owner's own enjoyment. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

IMO, I don't think 22's on a Camry have ever looked so good.
Old 05-28-07, 09:57 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Let's all agree that the practice of modifying a car is, in itself, impractical and unnecessary. But it is a hobby that many of us share and enjoy, and that's why we spend the money. Therefore, arguing about whether or not one should mod a Camry is pointless; there is no logical reason to do it, except for the owner's own enjoyment. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

IMO, I don't think 22's on a Camry have ever looked so good.
very eloquently put
Old 05-29-07, 02:32 PM
LexFather

1. That Camry is fantastic.
2. As for modding Ferraris, REALTALk, if you mod a Ferrari, the established Ferrari crowd "frowns" on that. They feel Ferraris are meant to stay stock from the factory as ENZO meant it to be.

Old 05-29-07, 03:24 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
2. As for modding Ferraris, REALTALk, if you mod a Ferrari, the established Ferrari crowd "frowns" on that. They feel Ferraris are meant to stay stock from the factory as ENZO meant it to be.
THis is generally true. However, I do know some big time Ferrari Chat owners that mod their cars. I think it has to do with the age thing. The old time Ferrari guys probably wont touch their car, but the younger .com millionaires do whatever pleases them. I for one (If I were ever so fortunate to own a Ferrari) would mod mine. Gotta at least get some nice rims and a Tubi Exhaust Plus since I'm a car audio enthusiasts I'll have some sort of after market audio as well.
Old 05-29-07, 03:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
THis is generally true. However, I do know some big time Ferrari Chat owners that mod their cars. I think it has to do with the age thing. The old time Ferrari guys probably wont touch their car, but the younger .com millionaires do whatever pleases them. I for one (If I were ever so fortunate to own a Ferrari) would mod mine. Gotta at least get some nice rims and a Tubi Exhaust Plus since I'm a car audio enthusiasts I'll have some sort of after market audio as well.
Yeah, tons of people mod Ferraris, I was just making a statement. The Lambo crowd is more apt to approve mods than the Ferrari crowd.

Old 05-29-07, 03:48 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, tons of people mod Ferraris, I was just making a statement. The Lambo crowd is more apt to approve mods than the Ferrari crowd.
This is true. I think it has to do with the Ferrari history. Lambos used to come with Alpine audio stock Persoanlly, no matter how poor or rich I am, I have to mod something on the car. I can't keep any of my cars 100% stock for long. I am one that believes no car is perfect and ALL cars are a compromise. Even the ENZO. After all, it has to pass CA emissions.
Old 05-29-07, 03:49 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
This is true. I think it has to do with the Ferrari history. Lambos used to come with Alpine audio stock Persoanlly, no matter how poor or rich I am, I have to mod something on the car. I can't keep any of my cars 100% stock for long. I am one that believes no car is perfect and ALL cars are a compromise. Even the ENZO. After all, it has to pass CA emissions.
lol.... yeah but yall get to have car meets every single day with such a huge enthusiast community, no matter what brand

Old 05-29-07, 04:04 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thetopdog
We're talking about modding cars, aren't we? So when I say it's a 'turd', I mean it's not a good platform for mods, not that's it's a bad car. I know the Camry is a good car. My mom's Camry has been reliable through hundreds of thousands of miles of abuse. It's relatively comfortable, and the interior's decent. That's not the point though

The point is the Camry is absolutely one of the LEAST sporty and LEAST unique cars in the world. For the price (a loaded Camry isn't cheap) it is the LEAST unique and among the LEAST sporty cars you can buy. If you want to use that as a platform to start modding, go ahead. I'll stick with buying cars that I don't see 50 times a day and were actually meant to look good and perform well from the outset. At least then I won't be playing catch up if I do decide to start modding

So then my guess was right, you're simply using the term "turd" in your own way. I'm not one to say if something is right or wrong but you, my friend, are WRONG. Now take it easy. Nothing personal. I personally think that if someone has a car that is ALL over the place then modding it to a point that is stands out above the rest is a great reason. I know you are saying that you are not hating on the car but if you were just upfront with it all you wouldnt be getting flamed like you are now. Should have just posted "I hate Camrys and think modding them are stupid". If that was the case then theres not too much to write against it. You would have disclosed you do not like camry's for modding and thats it. this thread would have only been 2 pages at the most. Man up next time and it will clear up a ton of questions/comments.
Old 05-29-07, 05:14 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, that Ferrari crowd are some stuffy people. Actually, I wouldn't mod a Ferrari much either. Custome wheels is about all I would do. It already has the power and the looks. Just a set of wheels to personalize it,that's it.

Well, maybe a killer stereo, too.
Old 05-29-07, 06:13 PM
garbage85
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thetopdog
One question:

WHY?!?!
why? look at the pics
Old 05-29-07, 06:23 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is so amazing. Didn't know a Camry could be so sexy.