Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Video: NJ Turnpike toll crash

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-07, 09:53 AM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video: NJ Turnpike toll crash

http://70.87.202.210/videos2/ugc/070...dent89675w.wmv

Interestingly, public money was used to build the turnpike, put up the cameras, etc, yet NJ won't let the public see the video, interesting story:

http://www.physorg.com/news99326515.html
Old 05-27-07, 02:33 PM
ARB
Lead Lap

There is something very interesting in the video. If you look you can see immediately right after the car hits the toll plaza that a state trooper pulls behind to check out whats going on. Now that is probably just a coincindence BUT it could also be that the state trooper was chasing this guy and thats why the guy was flying at such high speed/ driving crazy thru the toll plaza. This would also explain why NJ officials dont want the video to be seen by the public.

On a side note its my personal opinion that if you are being pulled over by a marked police car/ state trooper and you DONT pull over then you deserve to be chased b/ c ur most likely engaging in illegal activity and whatever happens to u in the course of the chase is your own fault.
Old 05-27-07, 03:47 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ARB
There is something very interesting in the video. If you look you can see immediately right after the car hits the toll plaza that a state trooper pulls behind to check out whats going on. Now that is probably just a coincindence BUT it could also be that the state trooper was chasing this guy and thats why the guy was flying at such high speed/ driving crazy thru the toll plaza. This would also explain why NJ officials dont want the video to be seen by the public.

On a side note its my personal opinion that if you are being pulled over by a marked police car/ state trooper and you DONT pull over then you deserve to be chased b/ c ur most likely engaging in illegal activity and whatever happens to u in the course of the chase is your own fault.
Yes, it does look like there was a trooper chasing the car that crashed. You can see the lights flashing on the car and notice how close to the accident location that the trooper stops at. He/she is also seen running immediately after the car stops. There is plenty of footage thats on the news and the rest of tv for me to agree with the reasons the NJTA has to be suing YouTube. There's something else they don't wanna tell us.
Old 05-27-07, 04:18 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

LMAO good riddance too people who don't know how to drive
Old 05-27-07, 05:43 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats not the NJ turnpike...The NJ state troopers cars are white with blue and yellow
Old 05-27-07, 07:27 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tuddy
Thats not the NJ turnpike...The NJ state troopers cars are white with blue and yellow
Those are the marked ones your talking about, they also have unmarked cars that are a deep navy blue looking color. When I use to work at my old job, there was this one particular car that I would always see around the same time and location and would pass me heading north. I've seen some grey ones too.
Old 05-27-07, 07:47 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tuddy
You know Tuddy, I looked at the video again and I noticed that the police car had what looked like a solid yellow stripe going across the side of the car. On the marked cars, they have the yellow stripe on the front doors only and go on a slant. Hmmmm.
Old 05-27-07, 09:50 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Yea, I dont know who that is, but its definitely not a NJ state trooper. Maybe Delaware??

Pretty sad situation. What a horrible accident.

Last edited by GFerg; 05-27-07 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-27-07, 10:10 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

That sucks for that driver. I do agree that it does look like the cop car was chasing him.

Originally Posted by GFerg
Yea, I dont know who that is, but its definitely not a NJ state trooper. Maybe Delaware??

Such a bland cop car,lol.
Old 05-28-07, 09:02 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GFerg

Could be DE trooper. They responded when I had my accident and yeah their cruisers are dark blue in color with a solid yellow line going across the side of the car where the door handles are at. Ok, this is getting interesting.
Old 05-28-07, 10:48 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

WOW, that didn't end well...
Old 05-28-07, 11:26 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For somebody to drive that fast when approaching the toll booth, i say keep burning. One less moron or criminal on the road.

Last edited by Nick2JZ; 05-28-07 at 12:30 PM.