Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Why I feel like it might be better to move the ES and RX to a Lexus dedicated chassis

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-07, 05:45 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
BTW, does anyone know the exact chassis arrangements of the entire Lexus lineup?

I seem to recall that the IS/GS now share their chassis...does it have a specific code?

The LS has its own chassis...shared with no other right?
Correct. The IS and GS share the chassis (IS based on GS I believe). Dunno about the LS

Originally Posted by natnut
I think the question boils down to where the cars are actually manufactured :

GS/IS/LS
: made in Tahara plant, the crown jewel factory of Toyota, the only platinum rated factory in the world in terms of vehicle defects.

ES/RX : Canada/US plants? Still Toyota plants to be sure but not quite as highly rated as Tahara.
Camry and Prius are also built at the Tahara plant. The TCHs are built at the Kentucky plant.

RX is built at the Cambridge plant. ES is built in Tahara. I believe the RX is the only Lexus built outside of Japan. The Cambridge plant also builds Corollas and Matrixs (and used to build Solaras before the RX came over).