Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Pic of my new toy

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-07, 07:58 AM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see how those would grow on me once fitted with a nice set of wheels. Its actually kinda cute. It really dates the first gen.

Can you please explain your post a bit more, I had a hard time following your reasoning.

Few questions, you say your about to put another set of wheels on the car? Whats wrong with the ones you have on there now? The ones you wanted weren't avaliable when you purchased those? Why did you even bother with the 18's to begain with if you knew your going with the 19's?

Can you also please help me to understand your reasoning for going with a Scion over a ahhhhh LS460..

I'm going to assume that your original intentions was to get an XB but decided to stop by the Lexus dealership on the way and saw the LS and felt a little spontaneous but the salesman ruined the mod hence focusing your attention back to your original plan.....?

Last edited by Milla...; 06-06-07 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-06-07, 09:57 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Milla...
Can you also please help me to understand your reasoning for going with a Scion over a ahhhhh LS460..

I'm going to assume that your original intentions was to get an XB but decided to stop by the Lexus dealership on the way and saw the LS and felt a little spontaneous but the salesman ruined the mod hence focusing your attention back to your original plan.....?
Good question.....The LS and XB are worlds apart not soley based on price or prestige but functionality and simply appearance. I'm curious also. Have you been in the market for a while for a Scion?

Anyhow great pic and backdrop. Conrgrats on your new toy!!
Old 06-06-07, 10:40 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default People, I think it was meant to be a JOKE!!!

Spitfire, correct me if I'm wrong, but you really wanted the xB in the first place.

The comment on the LS (and dealer disregard) was just a humorous comparison with regards to amenities and pricing and "status."

I can't believe people took that seriously...
Old 06-06-07, 11:05 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Congrats!! Nice ride. But whats even better is that house across the street. DAMN!!
Old 06-06-07, 11:16 AM
Milla...

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Spitfire, correct me if I'm wrong, but you really wanted the xB in the first place.

The comment on the LS (and dealer disregard) was just a humorous comparison with regards to amenities and pricing and "status."

I don't know this person at all so how am I (we) suppose to know if he was joking, sound bites of giggles or laughter is not attached to his post nor are there any smilies to lead us to believe he was joking.

So believe, we took his words seriously...
Old 06-06-07, 11:39 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT

Judging from the LS430 in his driveway (look at the pic again), I think we have reasons to take his words quite seriously.

Hey splitfire...why don't you tell us more about your experience at the Lexus dealership so that we can all stop being so curious. Congrats on your awesome new ride BTW!
Old 06-06-07, 11:47 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Judging from the LS430 in his driveway (look at the pic again), I think we have reasons to take his words quite seriously.
I didn't even see that LS430!
Old 06-06-07, 09:11 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys I'm not rich at all. I'm actually kinda broke.. the area where I live is actually pretty ghetto.. my neighbor's house accross the street might look big in pic but it is actually pretty small.. there are house 3 or 4 times bigger just up the street.

anyways it wasn't my plan to get the xb i just happen to stop by dealer 1 day and the salesman talk me into buying one so I order one with the way i wanted. He was much nicer that the salesman next door(lexus) that's why he earn my business. I went to Lexus about a month ago spent 30 mins looking at few 460's walk up to a salesman ask for test drive NICELY and i was treated like an idiot..i had a check in my pocket they could of sold me the car but oh well....

well I love my new xb and have no regret getting it. I think I will actually keep this car for longer than I think.