Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Taste of BMW

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-07, 08:14 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Taste of BMW

Today i recieved in the mail an invite to the BMW ultimate drive experience. The only other car event ive gone to besides Taste of Lexus is Mazda zoom zoom live and there was no comparison. How do the BMW events stack up is there food there can we go inside while we wait.
Old 06-11-07, 08:52 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Taste your BMW...... wonder what that'd taste like.
Old 06-11-07, 08:53 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Not sure about the food but it's for a good cause.

Join us for our 11th year in the battle against breast cancer with our partner, the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Just get behind the wheel of a new BMW vehicle of your choice in the Ultimate Drive® for Susan G. Komen for the Cure event. As a participant, you'll find plenty of BMW models to test drive, such as the thrilling 3 Series Coupe, the sporty X3 SAV® and this year's Signature Vehicle, the dynamic X5 SAV. For every mile you drive BMW will donate $1 on your behalf to Komen. Since the program’s inception in 1997, the event has raised over $10 million dollars for breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment programs. In 2007 you can continue to make a difference by taking a test drive to help us reach our goal: donating a grand total of $11 million!

Reserve your spot now by calling toll-free 1-877-4-A-DRIVE or
register online today.

To learn more about the Susan G. Komen for the Cure visit www.komen.org

Help BMW in the fight against breast cancer and show your support of the event all year long by purchasing items from BMW’s Pink Ribbon Collection. This exclusive line of merchandise items are specially-labeled to be distributed at events and through participating BMW centers. Depending upon the product, BMW will donate between twenty-two percent to fifty-five percent of the gross profits from the Pink Ribbon Collection to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/...SK/default.htm
Old 06-11-07, 08:56 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

They had one down here that was very well done, different name, but same great experience.
Old 06-11-07, 08:57 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Here's a couple reviews:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=ultimate

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=ultimate

None of the reviews I've read ever talk about food and what not. It's more about cars and driving.

Here's a video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0680355&q=330i

They didn't let me drive that hard at any Lexus events. Not hard at all. I didn't hit any cones either.

Last edited by OC 335d; 06-11-07 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-11-07, 09:04 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

The Susan G Komen BMW drives are fun. They allow you to drive the cars on a mapped route through the local area of the dealership. There are a large array of vehicles to try. It's definitely a lot better in my opinion than trying to autocross a car for 5 seconds.
Old 06-11-07, 11:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

too bad no invitations here
Old 06-12-07, 02:50 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WAH?! I didn't get one this year!!!!! BOOOOOO! Guess they figured I wasn't gonna buy a BMW.
Old 06-12-07, 05:20 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the event with my wife several years ago, and it's worth your time if you can go. They had food, beverages, and an array of different cars to drive. The only problem, is that spots for the the more popular cars tend to fill up quickly, and depending on what time you go, you may or may not even get a chance to drive the car that you hoped for. Just keep your expectations low, as far as that goes.
Old 06-12-07, 05:29 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

They have time slots you sign up for each car. Ill let you guys know how it is when i go there.
Old 06-12-07, 05:50 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
They have time slots you sign up for each car. Ill let you guys know how it is when i go there.
If you go towards the end of the day, chances are good that you might get bumped for the car you signed up for. Just depends on how quickly the previous drivers get back to the dealership after navigating the course, and how efficient they are about getting the next person on their way. If you can swing it, sign up for an early timeslot.
Old 06-12-07, 06:08 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

everyone drive up with a lexus to these events
Old 06-12-07, 06:22 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

BMW of Manhattan hosted the Susan Komen Ultimate Drive event here in NYC on May 19.. Beautiful glass showroom on 11th Ave All the cars are in titanium silver, and the drive was along the West Side Highway in Manhattan. I must say the Z4 is so much fun to drive. No M cars though.
Old 06-12-07, 07:29 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ff_
If you go towards the end of the day, chances are good that you might get bumped for the car you signed up for. Just depends on how quickly the previous drivers get back to the dealership after navigating the course, and how efficient they are about getting the next person on their way. If you can swing it, sign up for an early timeslot.
This is not at the dealer its in the Redskins stadium parking lot its both the drive for the cure and a ride and drive for the new X5.
Old 06-12-07, 07:45 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The Ultimate Ride and Drive is a seperate event from .. Said event is similar to Taste of Lexus, but has not been scheduled as of yet.

Quick Reply: Taste of BMW