Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

European Car Makers Sweeten Vacation Deals for U.S. Drivers Who Travel Abroad to Buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07 | 11:36 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

The chance to drive the car on the Ring or the autobahn is just about the only thing that would interest me with something like this.

But then again, I'm still not sure whether or not the whole "break-in period" thing is a myth... so I don't know how willing people should be to push a brand new car to it's limits on the track.
Old 06-19-07 | 11:49 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

You could go in a "Ring Taxi." I think I'll do this next time.
http://www.nuerburgring.de/1_nuerbur...index.html?L=1
Old 06-19-07 | 12:57 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
The chance to drive the car on the Ring or the autobahn is just about the only thing that would interest me with something like this.

But then again, I'm still not sure whether or not the whole "break-in period" thing is a myth... so I don't know how willing people should be to push a brand new car to it's limits on the track.
What about the beer, the wine, the castles, the extremely clean German cities which are thousands of years old, the extremely high-speed trains, the landscapes, the Alps, The huge number of race tracks, the historical sites, and one can't forget the gorgeous women? When you are in Europe you can feel the rich history of the place, it's an experience you can't quite get anywhere else.

The Autobahn and the Ring are only a part of the experience.

Granted, Japan would have some interesting historical sites to see as well.
Old 06-19-07 | 03:42 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
To drive on the track. Well at least for me that would be the reason. Both Honda and Toyota own their own F1 spec tracks. I would love to do some sort of High Performance Driving Education in Japan on their track. Also tour the factory, and tour the Honda Museum (If you buy a Hone/Acura). Driving on the Autobahn or Ring is great. Driving around Suzuka or Fuji also sounds great too IMHO.
Exactly!
Old 06-19-07 | 03:49 PM
AzNMpower
Lead Lap

There is a LOT to see in Germany besides just driving on the autobahn or the Nurburgring. The castles, mountains, the beer, just to name a few.

FYI: BMW's program saves you 7% off the purchase price. However unless you're travelling alone or for a too-short period of time, I wouldn't do it for the sole purpose of trying to save money. The point is to experience Europe with your brand-new BMW.

The Lufthansa 2-for-1 is a great deal over the summer, when tickets are very expensive. In essence, you pay the full-fare Q-class prices. During the off-season, it may be more worthwhile to book your own flight, when fares are usually discounted. ED during the winter is a bad idea unless you plan to have your own snow tires (I think they rent chains or tires at the pickup centre, not sure). Performance tires are illegal on the autobahn when there is snow on the ground.
Old 06-19-07 | 03:53 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mavericck
What about the beer, the wine, the castles, the extremely clean German cities which are thousands of years old, the extremely high-speed trains, the landscapes, the Alps, The huge number of race tracks, the historical sites, and one can't forget the gorgeous women? When you are in Europe you can feel the rich history of the place, it's an experience you can't quite get anywhere else.

The Autobahn and the Ring are only a part of the experience.

Granted, Japan would have some interesting historical sites to see as well.
Did you change your sig or am I noticing for the first time that you wrote 04', 05', etc. instead of '04, '05, etc.?
Old 06-19-07 | 05:08 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Just show the folks the M5 ring taxi experience in action... Ohh, I will

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OwrCgBDpa...elated&search=