Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

G37 vs 335i in Motortrend, and the winner isn't the BMW...(+TCC's Road Test of G37)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-07, 11:48 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
The only company considered to be a true performance competitor to the benchmark performer BMW is infiniti regardless of infiniti not being tier 1. So deal with it
In the minds of consumers, that is not true, at least according to a variety of surveys. In consumers' minds, Mercedes and Lexus are as much of a performance competitor to BMW than Infiniti is, if not more.
Old 06-30-07, 12:16 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
In the minds of consumers, that is not true, at least according to a variety of surveys. In consumers' minds, Mercedes and Lexus are as much of a performance competitor to BMW than Infiniti is, if not more.
What surveys?
Old 06-30-07, 07:51 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

accord to SALES, the G35 outsold all non-M 3 coupes combined. so, in consumers' minds, Infiniti is a very legitimate competitor to BMW...
Old 06-30-07, 08:02 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

I think both Infiniti and Lexus are competitors to BMW in different ways. Overall brand image for all three manufacturers convey luxury to the general public. However Lexus and BMW have stronger brand awareness than Infiniti so the average consumer may see Lexus as being the stronger competitor to BMW. Now when we get into the enthusiast consumer, I believe this comparison shifts and Infiniti is seen as the more relevant competitor to BMW and Lexus is more MB like. In fact, most of the people I know with affluence that want sporty cars steer away from Lexus and either buy BMW or Porsche.
Old 06-30-07, 10:34 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Tekknikal
accord to SALES, the G35 outsold all non-M 3 coupes combined. so, in consumers' minds, Infiniti is a very legitimate competitor to BMW...
1 model in 18 years is not a trend, are you serious? THey are value competition and yes in some cases, nice BMW alternatives.

What makes the QX56? The Q45 is discontinued.

Here is another thread...close this one and we can all continue here instead of 30 threads on the same car/s.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=291165

Last edited by LexFather; 06-30-07 at 12:09 PM.