Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 Honda Accord Undisguised (Page 6) ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-07, 10:11 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Ugly wheels.

Cannot comment on interior until I see the full detail, but I'm already seeing the nasty steering wheel.

I love the exhaust though. Looks like my Borla exhaust
Old 06-06-07, 10:16 AM
LexFather

Looks like a 5 in profile...I am sure the interior will be top notch and on par with an Acura.

Old 06-07-07, 05:06 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by ARB
Yeh, probably idk, theres rumors of the SH-AWD being an option but who knows.. I personally think midsize moderately priced sedans like the Accord / Camry are better in 4cyl form anyway.. If someone wanted the 6cyl. might as well just pay a little more and get an entry level luxury car like the ES350 or TL IMHO.
I agree, if I am shopping for a sensible affordable midsize family sedan a 4 cylinder makes more sense then a more expensive less fuel efficient powerful v-6. The same goes for leather interior, power seats, HID lights, navigation, high end stereo. If I want all those options standard I should just pay a little more to get a luxury sedan which should have all this standard instead of adding a bunch of expensive luxury options to a inexpensive non luxury sensible midsize car which defeats the purpose of getting a car like that when you load it up and make it expensive.
Old 06-07-07, 06:29 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I am sure the interior will be top notch and on par with an Acura.
I hope so. The current Accord's interior is definitely sub-par as far as overall aesthetics and materials are concerned.
Old 06-07-07, 06:34 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
Still no standard twin exaust...
If they can get equally acceptable flow from a single outlet exhaust, then that's the way to go. Have to remember that using dual exhaust is going to add weight, cost, and some complexity to the car.
Old 06-07-07, 07:42 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_
I hope so. The current Accord's interior is definitely sub-par as far as overall aesthetics and materials are concerned.
Hmmm... I might agree in the context of the 2007 model year.

But think back to the 2003 model year when it first came out.

I remember being IMPRESSED with that interior.

My friend bought a DX base model - 4cyl, stick shift, A/C, power windows, manual locks, and... get this... only 2 speakers (though the wiring and amp is there for 4 so literally all he had to do was buy 2 more speakers and plug them into the factory cutouts on the rear parcel and it sounds better than his room mate's EX model with 6 factory speakers!).
Anyhow... he only paid 15 grand for that car and I remember thinking to myself "wow". It just had such a nice clean, modern, and functional layout to it.

Though now I understand 4 years have gone by and that changes alot. I wouldn't say it's sub-par, personally, but it's definitely not better than par, either.
Old 06-07-07, 07:46 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_
If they can get equally acceptable flow from a single outlet exhaust, then that's the way to go. Have to remember that using dual exhaust is going to add weight, cost, and some complexity to the car.
Effectively ANY vehicle with a y-pipe would be better off performance-wise with a single outlet exhaust.

Why? Well, once you hit the Y-pipe, you've already got the exhaust into a single pipe - so what's the point of splitting it back out again? It may require a 3 inch exhaust instead of two 2.25 inch pipes, but still - less backpressure, less weight, and less complexity.

Dual exhaust is purely a cosmetic thing, 99 times out of 100, on a stock vehicle.

Now if the vehicle has a true dual setup where each pipe runs separately off of its own manifold and the only connection (if any) is something like an H-pipe... then, yeah, they might have an excuse to keep them separate down to the tips.
Old 06-07-07, 07:55 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Threxx
But think back to the 2003 model year when it first came out.
Absolutely. When it first came out, the interior was great. Very well done.

I test drove an '07 before I bought the Civic Si, and the interior reaked of cost cutting measures. It's the most un-Honda interior I've ever seen. I think they took the gearshift lever and mechanisms right out of a 1982 Ford Tempo or Mustang. It's a shame because the car used to have a very attractive shifter, with nice, positive engagement. I guess that's proof that Honda's finally making a final push to move completely to superslappycrap-o-automatic transmissions. *sigh*
Old 06-13-07, 06:47 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Brenda Priddy just sent us three new pics: two through-the-window shots and one from behind the vehicle with an open view of the driver's door panel of a white coupe mule. Our "spy shot" budget has already been stretched pretty thin but we couldn't pass on this one pic that provides a pretty good look at the center stack (from a blue sedan). It's difficult to see in this photo, but another photo in the set from a slightly different angle confirms that this car has a 5-speed manual transmission - a good indicator that we're looking at the interior of a 4-cylinder model. While there appears to be a screen embedded in the dash, we're having our doubts that there's a Navi in this particular vehicle since we don't see any of the typical Navi-related buttons (Map/Guide, Menu, Info, Zoom, Setup, etc...) included in the array of buttons on the dash, not to mention the lack of an "i-drive" type of navigation "mouse" that such a deep set display would require. If this is the case, then we're guessing that most (if not all) Accords will have an LCD panel of some sort located in the dash for HVAC and radio functions and navi models will get an upgraded display as well as a reconfigured panel of buttons.

Also from this shot it appears that the 4-cylinder model will go forward with a single zone climate control system. A photo from a V6 model that circulated a week or so ago showed a slightly different layout that appeared to indicate a multizone climate control.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=686560
Old 06-13-07, 07:28 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

God they ruined the interior. Steering wheel has to go. The 3 ***** on the center console sticks out like a sore thumb, and that center dash area above console ruins the look. I'm not impress with Honda as of lately. They make fantastic engines, but boy their interior design has gone down the drain.
Old 06-13-07, 07:43 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

i dont think that interior design is bad at all.
Old 06-13-07, 07:58 PM
ARB
Lead Lap

Talking

Well here is a problem w/ the '07 Camry interior thats worse than anything i can see on the Accord interior, although the Accord interior has a lot of things I DONT LIKE as well. On the Camry door right behind the window controls is the HANDLE you use to close the door. Now on most cars, LIKE THE ES350, the handle is unobtrusive BUT on the Camry it takes up 1/ 2 of the left arm-rest area. YES sometimes ppl like to rest their left arm and drive only with their right! I test drove a Hybrid Camry(yes I DROVE A Hybrid Camry!!!!) and you have 2 choices. Either grip the handle(very uncomfortable) OR keep your left hand on the wheel which for me is only good maybe 75% of the time I am driving. Oh and I am 6' AND my arm cannot fit behind the handle.
Attached Thumbnails 2008 Honda Accord Undisguised (Page 6) ...-73062690-19sm.jpeg  

Last edited by ARB; 06-13-07 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-13-07, 08:02 PM
ARB
Lead Lap

Talking

Here is a perfectly great ES350 door closing handle ... you cant see it b/ c its built in to the armrest area itself
Attached Thumbnails 2008 Honda Accord Undisguised (Page 6) ...-87a1_4.jpeg  
Old 06-13-07, 09:18 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They love that power button. It looks like it's carried over from the current gen.

Hmm, the ***** look like two eyes, a button nose and a pacifier :P
Old 06-14-07, 06:40 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

The ***** on the center stack look pretty chinzy (like they are on the current Civic), but otherwise, the layout of the entire dash is another Honda ergonomic masterpiece. This is one of the things that they've always been very good at.

Quick Reply: 2008 Honda Accord Undisguised (Page 6) ...