Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Leasing BMW 335 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-07, 01:16 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Leasing BMW 335 coupe

Where I work at we can lease cars for up to 3 months. I was thinking about getting a black 335 coupe just to try it out Why I head to the Beach. Couple of the fellas at work said that they love them and theirs haven't went into limp mode or nothing crazy so I was thinking about leasing one just to see how it is.
Old 06-27-07, 01:41 PM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't it be cheaper to simply rent one for a shorter time period while accomplishing the same goal.

You do have a luxury car rental spot or two don't you..
Old 06-27-07, 02:40 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was your question???

They are great, if you work pays for a 3 month lease, I don't see why not.
Old 06-27-07, 04:47 PM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

First post sounds pretty ambiguous.....

Does your work pay the first 3 months of a 24+ month lease? If you were planning on leasing a car anyway, then this is a great deal, but there are a lot of costs associated with leasing any car. There is a down payment you have to make before driving off with the car. You'll also need to get full coverage + gap insurance for the car.

Or is it that your work will pay for 3 months use of any car for you with no obligation for you to keep the car longer? If this is the case, why not get something more expensive like a Ferrari?
Old 06-27-07, 11:29 PM
l4wr3nc3
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Word of caution, the 335 is extremely addicting. You'll soon try to find and justify any reason to just go out and drive. Oh and i never had problems with limp mode / overheating as well.
Old 06-28-07, 12:09 PM
AzNMpower
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3
Word of caution, the 335 is extremely addicting. You'll soon try to find and justify any reason to just go out and drive. Oh and i never had problems with limp mode / overheating as well.
Yea this is a very problematic thing with many BMWs. You get angry at the person in front of you for taking corners at +10mph the recommended speed. You start taking unexpected detours from your route, and the groceries MUST be placed in the rear footwell. I find that if you put them in the trunk, they end up all over the place by the time you get home.
Old 06-28-07, 03:48 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I work at BMW manufactory in Greer SC They don't pay for it through the dealership. We can order all the 3 series except the M3 the z4 coupes that we build, the X3, and we can get the 5's except the M5's and the 550i. Lots of the employees order the 3's but a lot of us don't order them because the restricting can cause you your employment. But I miss having a coupe so I will order mine July 9th.
Old 06-28-07, 04:00 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawnmack
but a lot of us don't order them because the restricting can cause you your employment. But I miss having a coupe so I will order mine July 9th.
I can't make sense of what you're saying here... "can cost you your employement"? Is that what you were meaning to say? If so - how would using your discount to buy or lease a BMW cause you to be fired?

If you don't mind me asking, what is the discount? And how does a 3 month lease work anyway? What does it cost you? What do they do with the car after 3 months?

That's kinda funny, though, that you work for BMW and drive a Lexus despite your hookup!
Old 06-28-07, 04:04 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

When I worked at Mazda Corporate, we had a car allowance. The allowance was amount was basically dependent on your job title. Mazda would pay for your Mazda Lease + Insurance. You could qualify for a Mazda 3 all the way up to a CX-7 (at the time, the CX-9 was not out yet). One of the IT Managers had a car for himself, wife, and son. If your allowance was "500/mo." any amount left over was added to your paycheck. In case you are wondering, if you did chose not to get a car, they would not give your allowance back to your paycheck. The lease was I believe 12,000-13,000 miles/12 mos. Whatever comes first. If you drive over your lease mileage, you simply return the car and get a new one.
Old 06-28-07, 04:38 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Come back to the darkside.......

buahahahahahaahahahaha
Old 06-29-07, 06:14 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Get the 335. While you are at it, test drive the new x3/x5 for the wife. Safer more stable vehicles than the Lexus offerings for sure. Try to swerve to avoid hitting an obstacle like a deer on the Highway in a GX or RX compared to X3/X5.. I hear keyboards clicking now in response to the above statement
Old 06-29-07, 07:01 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Get the 335. While you are at it, test drive the new x3/x5 for the wife. Safer more stable vehicles than the Lexus offerings for sure. Try to swerve to avoid hitting an obstacle like a deer on the Highway in a GX or RX compared to X3/X5.. I hear keyboards clicking now in response to the above statement
Not safer or more stable than the wagons.
Old 06-29-07, 07:04 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Incendiary
Not safer or more stable than the wagons.
hey your from NY.. Did you go to the Ultimate Drive Event and experience the X5 4.8 on the autocross track with the proffessional drivers at the helm? Your mind will change quickly.
Old 06-29-07, 07:14 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
hey your from NY.. Did you go to the Ultimate Drive Event and experience the X5 4.8 on the autocross track with the proffessional drivers at the helm? Your mind will change quickly.
I actually just moved to the city a few days ago.

I didn't, but I know a lot of BMW fans say that the X Series trucks drive just like cars. I think the laws of physics would disagree that they're less likely to tip over than cars (safer and more stable), though.
Old 06-29-07, 07:16 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Incendiary
I didn't, but I know a lot of BMW fans say that the X Series trucks drive just like cars
Trust me when I tell you this.....They do

Quick Reply: Leasing BMW 335 coupe