Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1SICKREVIEW 2007 Infiniti G35 sedan (you ain't going to believe this)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-07, 12:12 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice review 1SICKMARSHALL.. I am going to check out this car myself to compare it to the mighty 335.
Old 07-02-07, 12:16 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Nice job, Mike............as usual.

The interior was clearly the weak point on the old car. I'm glad to see that Infiniti has done some work on the new model....though the console Rosewood starting on the 2005 model was a start. The metallic trim on this one, from the pictures you posted, looks pretty nice, though. And I agree with you that it was time for the the yellowish-orange dash lights to go...they were getting a little stale on number of Nissan/Infiniti products.

That all-or-nothing steering effort you mention seems to be showing up on more cars lately. Besides your G35, I noticed it on both the Saturn Aura (an Opel design) and Ford Fusion....before the Aura, I don't remember it on any other car.

One question......I didn't see it mentioned in your write-up: How did the dash controller feel, compared to BMW's I-Drive and Audi's MMI? I hope it was easier and less complex to use.
Old 07-02-07, 12:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Nice job, Mike............as usual.

The interior was clearly the weak point on the old car. I'm glad to see that Infiniti has done some work on the new model....though the console Rosewood starting on the 2005 model was a start. The metallic trim on this one, from the pictures you posted, looks pretty nice, though. And I agree with you that it was time for the the yellowish-orange dash lights to go...they were getting a little stale on number of Nissan/Infiniti products.

That all-or-nothing steering effort you mention seems to be showing up on more cars lately. Besides your G35, I noticed it on both the Saturn Aura (an Opel design) and Ford Fusion....before the Aura, I don't remember it on any other car.

One question......I didn't see it mentioned in your write-up: How did the dash controller feel, compared to BMW's I-Drive and Audi's MMI? I hope it was easier and less complex to use.
Good question. I hated the ****. I hate the I-drive ****. I hated the **** in the QX56 I had a couple weeks ago (I wrote a review but I think the car sucked so bad, it wasn't worth posting here). If I see a **** and its not
a. a door
b. on a video game joystick
c. a chick letting me get my turn

I find it utterly useless.

Seriously, I consider myself a smart guy, I think I can figure things our on my own pretty quickly. The **** in the G35 drove me insane, so I just left the radio station where it was and drove the car.

Clearly if one owns it, they will get used and learn the feature. I think these ***** are awful and I am glad Lexus is not following suit.

Old 07-02-07, 12:27 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, balanced write-up.
Old 07-02-07, 12:30 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Are the seat adjustment buttons on the new G37 located in the same awkward position as the old G35?
Old 07-02-07, 12:53 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Fairly written but I have to disagree with you on the dash materials that they used. I think they are just about as cheap as the last generation, including with the vinyl around the cupholders and the dashboard itself. I drove one a couple of weeks ago and I agree it drives good but like you said it did feel alittle tail heavy but at the same time you feel solid. The steering IMO was a step higher than the 2IS. Nice job 1SICKLEX.
Old 07-02-07, 01:50 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

What a impressive review.. I've already been to the website and ordered my brochure a couple months ago..Just to get a better look and pics. If i had to choose a car with a great interior, 306HP, and under 35k i would definitely choose the G35 sedan.. One of the PA's at the hospital has a black one with tinted windows but don't know if its sport or not..

This IMO is a well rounded vehicle.. Yea they could have extended the trunk a little bit more but I'm sure other areas make up for lack of trunk space. My buddies 06 coupe is pretty nice but wanted to say that the seats in the coupe really hug the torso and keep you in the seat..Are the sedan seats the same way?

All in all great review Mike..

tony
Old 07-02-07, 04:11 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a freind of mine just got one this saturday, this car is sooo much fun to drive and its a bargian, especialy with all the gizmos that come with it
Old 07-02-07, 04:33 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good review. If 1Sick says an Infiniti is good it must really be good Seriously, I agree with you. If/when I sell my LS400 next year the G35/37 Sedan will be its replacement. The 07 G35 Sedan was the ONLY car to impress my at the last new car show earlier this year. I mean, the exotics get the blood pumping, but for a normal car not even the BMW 335i that I like so much impressed me as much as the over all package that the 07 G35 offers. I even like the exterior style. Most people that I've been reading on the G35 forums are getting this car for about $500 or so over invoice, so you probably can get a loaded one for about $38K out the door.
Old 07-02-07, 04:36 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
What a impressive review.. I've already been to the website and ordered my brochure a couple months ago..Just to get a better look and pics.

tony
Speaking of the brochure, what did you think about them when it arrived? I got the G35 and M brochure and when they arrived I was really impressed with books materials. Nice thick paper, even the letter they include was on thick official letterhead type paper. It seems like Infiniti is really trying to up their image status and it shows even from the little things like the brochure. I was more impressed with their brochure than the Lexus ones.
Old 07-02-07, 04:42 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i still can't believe you didnt' pick on the g35 after driving it! looks like i have to go drive one myself.
Old 07-02-07, 04:54 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Speaking of the brochure, what did you think about them when it arrived? I got the G35 and M brochure and when they arrived I was really impressed with books materials. Nice thick paper, even the letter they include was on thick official letterhead type paper. It seems like Infiniti is really trying to up their image status and it shows even from the little things like the brochure. I was more impressed with their brochure than the Lexus ones.
I thought they went that extra mile to get a great brochure out for the public.. Like you said the pages where think, full of full-sized pics, and interior shots that you thought you were sitting in the car..LOL I may order another one since i misplaced mine.. What the heck there free.. thanks

Tony
Old 07-02-07, 07:28 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Performance
ALA Lexus you press down the brake and push the button to start (and turn off) the car. Mind you its raining, it is a loaner, my friend knows me so I drive it like I stole it still. Had the VSC (or whatever they call it) kick in a few times and it successfully got me out of TROUBLE. The car out the box clearly feels like a better handling car than a stock 2GS, barely better than a 3GS and IMO the 2IS feels as solid in low speeds. You would honestly have to be some sort of nut to tell the difference between the 3GS/2IS/G35.
Dude, I don't know, but when I drove IS350 head to head with GS450h, the GS felt downright sloppy compared to the IS.
Old 07-02-07, 07:51 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Dave
Mike's account has been hijacked.

Old 07-02-07, 08:06 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Nice review, thanks.

Quick Reply: 1SICKREVIEW 2007 Infiniti G35 sedan (you ain't going to believe this)