Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

JUNE 2007 Sales Data Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-07, 08:34 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by doug_999
I think the Type S saved the day. The fact is, it is hard to get all that the TL Type S offers at a lower price. Plus I love the exhaust tips on that baby!
The TL has proven it is a solid competitor in this class and consumers love it. I don't think its the Type-S at all, that car has gotten little fanfare outside the Honda faithful. There is no advertising for it.

I think its the new 2.9% and $369 lease deals for the car.

Old 07-05-07, 08:36 AM
LexFather

Some of those figures you have to dig deep. As stated Mitsu's sales are due to mainly one model, so is Infiniti's.

Also you have to look at total sales volume. One car maker maybe up 15% but it might be less units sold overall than one that is up 4%.

Thanks for posting them

Old 07-05-07, 11:12 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by genearch
Still amazes me how the people here on CL are completely obsessed with sales stats of Toyota (is this ClubLexus or ClubToyota?) and as a comparison the rest of the automobile manufacturers. It's quite sad to watch this thread get hundreds of views and the typical suspects will debate how the numbers should skew in their favor.

I visit plenty of forums, BMW, MB, Mini, Porsche and a few others and have yet to find any group of people that obsess over sales numbers, as well as JD Power reports. (At least those reports that favor Toyota/Lexus)

I try to think that many in this forum are simply auto enthusiasts, but at the end of the day, does it really matter how many cars have been sold in the previous month? Like I've said before, McD's sells more burgers, does that make them superior in some way?

Sheesh...
Honda sells a lot more cars than Yugo or Chery, so does that mean Honda cars are inferior because more of them are sold worldwide? Your analogy is flawed.

Yes, this is ClubLexus, and quite obviously Lexus is a part of Toyota. It would be foolish to assume that CL is not full of Lexus fans. As such, it's only logical that a lot of the members here are also Toyota fans, and not just Lexus fans. Since Lexus is a part of Toyota, by being a Lexus fan you technically are also a Toyota fan.

I too visit plenty of forums, and I have yet to find a forum this mature, civilized, or one that loves deep discussion and analysis so much. It still amazes me that some people find it strange to see so many Toyota/Lexus fans on a Lexus fan site.

As for June sales, some shocking numbers no doubt. GM dropped a huge amount and a lot of their models are in trouble. The Camry shockingly outsold the Silverado for the month, and the Tundra outsold the GMC Sierra.

I'm also shocked by the big drop in S-Class sales. I'm curiously surprised by the increase in GS350 sales ... wonder what the reason for that is. TL sales I am not surprised as Acura is offering some great deals on it, and the TL has always been a very well-rounded and value-packed car. I'm also amazed that the RX continues to sell so well, despite being a dated model. 7 Series sales seem to be in danger of dropping below 1K monthly sales.

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 07-05-07 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-10-07, 08:02 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default German luxury brands . . .

2007 first half incentives :
Audi's average U.S. incentive costs per car in the first half were $2,643, an 11 percent decline from a year earlier, Woodcliff, New Jersey-based Autodata said. By comparison BMW's incentives increased 71 percent to $3,838, while Mercedes rose 29 percent to $3,082, Autodata said in a July 3 report.

``For the first time, for a long period of time, we are significantly below our German competitors,'' De Nysschen said. ``We would rather forfeit volume to focus on profitability.''
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...jys&refer=home