Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Taste of Lexus 2007 Official (pg. 6)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-07, 07:10 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent gotten an invit yet but from all the pics looks like Lexus spent more money this year. Instead of just tents they have a large promenade style set up. They have movies avail for you to watch. They have actual dinner and breakfast and not finger foods like past years. So i think more money was spent the only thing is the only new model to debut soon is the LS600hl which is already on sale the LX570 and the IS-F go on sale next year.
Old 08-29-07, 09:26 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wdlugitch
Pictures are deceiving. The movies are boring.
Some people enjoyed the video clips.

You will receive more food in a Mc Donalds Happy Meal than what will be on you plastic plate in either of the food venues.
It's not supposed to be all you can eat buffet, go to a restaurant if you expected to be stuffed. The amount of food was perfect to keep me going and stay focused to the cars.

If you want to see and drive the 2008's, wait until September and go to your dealer.
No way. Why would I go to a dealer, be forced to talk to a salesperson who is only trying to pressure a sale, and test drive around the block at 30 mph in a car which is almost same as '07??? I much prefer driving on a closed track with Lexus corporate and race car drivers assisting me without any sales pressure. There's no other place consumers can do 0-60, orange cones, and hard breaking tests.

I'm sorry you are disappointed with TOS, but I think they did a great job. They made lots of seperate little tents and had good use of space to avoid crowds clustered together so we were able to move around freely without getting "stuck" in one area. I was grateful my wait time in 90 degree weather was kept at a minimum of only 10 minutes.
Old 08-29-07, 09:57 AM
wdlugitch
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Some people enjoyed the video clips.

It's not supposed to be all you can eat buffet, go to a restaurant if you expected to be stuffed. The amount of food was perfect to keep me going and stay focused to the cars.

No way. Why would I go to a dealer, be forced to talk to a salesperson who is only trying to pressure a sale, and test drive around the block at 30 mph in a car which is almost same as '07??? I much prefer driving on a closed track with Lexus corporate and race car drivers assisting me without any sales pressure. There's no other place consumers can do 0-60, orange cones, and hard breaking tests.

I'm sorry you are disappointed with TOS, but I think they did a great job. They made lots of seperate little tents and had good use of space to avoid crowds clustered together so we were able to move around freely without getting "stuck" in one area. I was grateful my wait time in 90 degree weather was kept at a minimum of only 10 minutes.
It was take what you want, it became take what you get, and we make sure you only take once because we scan your card.

I have been buying Lexus since 1990 and never encountered a salesperson who even approached me while on the lot; they are instructed to not approach you. My salespeople allowed me to take the cars on the freeway, and did not limit the amount of time of my drive. I drove the new model, not last years model, because that was what I was considering buying.

Lexus lowered its standards, and apparently some found it acceptable; the ones who are in denial about what it should have been, could have been, but wasn't.

Last edited by wdlugitch; 08-29-07 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-29-07, 12:26 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I for one really enjoyed it, and felt that Lexus stepped it up this year from the past. In fact, I would say bringing back the word "Luxury" into the edition subtitle (and the accompanying improvements) did live up in several ways to the high mark set by the Taste of Luxury in 2004. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and hopefully (if they so choose) their Lexus dealership experience will be, as it should be, better.

Additionally, I liked how this year's ToL offered more exhibits, reservation system, more interactivity, etc. I enjoyed testing the LS 600h L and GS 450h plus IS 350, and other vehicles that had enormous lines last year. I had enough to eat, one time only was like the one time only meal ticket in 2004, only a fixed meal not buffet, but still good.

Remember in 2005 when all they had were hors d'oeuvres? One was plenty hungry then. This time we got a meal. And it was free. While I skipped the cinema Lexus short films, I enjoyed the film on the Lexus RX factory tour. All in all I thought Lexus did a better job, continuing the trend of improvement that was seen last year, and bringing back the Luxury special quality seen in 2004.
Old 08-29-07, 03:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

I have been buying Lexus since 1990 and never encountered a salesperson who even approached me while on the lot; they are instructed to not approach you. My salespeople allowed me to take the cars on the freeway, and did not limit the amount of time of my drive. I drove the new model, not last years model, because that was what I was considering buying.

Lexus lowered its standards, and apparently some found it acceptable; the ones who are in denial about what it should have been, could have been, but wasn't.
you must be in a very weird part of ca, or you hardly go to dealerships. i wouldn't say i go very often, but almost every time after looking at some cars sales would approach me to see if they could be of any assistance.

i am very sorry that YOU think lexus lowered their standard. i most definitely hope you get something else for your next car, seems like lexus is an insult to you anyway
Old 08-29-07, 06:33 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

if you really went to some of the past taste of lexus events you would know for sure they improved them this year. One key thing to remember LEXUS does not owe you a damn thing. The fact they even give you a meal is pretty good. i went to the range rover event and all they had was snacks. The wait times were shorter, more cars to drive and full meals, so whats the problem? i went to both the LA and OC event and thought both were great. all my friends enjoyed it. Im sick of people on their high horse and thinking lexus "OWES" them something. THe other people who posted above you are moderators and i think are holding back to maintain some decorum, but i think you are INCORRECT and have no problem saying so. I have been to many dealers all over so cal and i always get approached by salespeople. and other car makers too i might add. They must not like you or must think you can't afford a car otherwise why would they not approach you? We can see through your BS, and who cars if you dont buy another lexus.

Last edited by LexFather; 08-31-07 at 10:25 PM. Reason: sigh
Old 08-29-07, 06:57 PM
LexFather

I bought my first two (new) at Crown Lexus in Ontario (ES & SC) and my last two (new) at Longo Lexus in El Monte LS & ES). No salesperson ever approached me on the lot at Crown or in the basement at Longo.

You are kidding yourself if you think Lexus improved their event this year. Your posts on this site are read by Lexus, and tell Lexus you are willing to settle for what they offered. Maybe its a difference in our standards?

I was considering a 2007 ES350 to replace my 2002 ES300. After reading the problems posted on this site, thankfully I passed. Sadly, many of these vehicles are now on eBay as "buy back" from Lexus.

I look forward to reading posts about the 2008 ES350. Hopefully the problems have been corrected.
I am sure Lexus is reading comments and they are one of the few companies that truly values customers opinions especially negative ones. These events simply will not please everyone. Some people will be underwhelmed, like you are.

For the most part, if Lexus did not believe it was a viable marketing field, they would pass on a very expensive event. They have continued this event as they see more pros than cons, period.

These events have grown in popularity, Lexus has to cut costs somehow.

Old 08-29-07, 08:19 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by rominl
you must be in a very weird part of ca, or you hardly go to dealerships. i wouldn't say i go very often, but almost every time after looking at some cars sales would approach me to see if they could be of any assistance.
Hell, when I drive up there's about 5 or 6 salespeople just standing around drinking coffe and smoking who all turn to stare at the "fresh up" pulling up. Three of them direct me where to park and one will open my door. I hate being bombarded. HAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-29-07, 09:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Hell, when I drive up there's about 5 or 6 salespeople just standing around drinking coffe and smoking who all turn to stare at the "fresh up" pulling up. Three of them direct me where to park and one will open my door. I hate being bombarded. HAHAHAHAHA
wait, are you being the victim or.....?

i guess it has to do with how you "present" yourself as a customer. reality is reality. when i drove up in my camry, no one gave me a damn. when i drove up with my gs400 or sc430, salespersons were like bees.

but in either case, overall, i think lexus improved a lot over the the 5 years of my lexus ownership. been to too many lexus invites for me to recall all, but i can't wait for next year
Old 08-29-07, 09:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I was invited to and attended ALL the past TASTE OF LEXUS events. They "improved" it this year by limiting food and beverage, displaying the 2007 model year when the 2008 model year will be at dealers next month, and eliminating the "gift." Our standard of what constitutes improvement is obviously different.

Your opinion of what LEXUS does or does not "owe" those they repeatedly invite to these events, especially those who buy four of their cars, "not a damn thing," is about as valid as those who believe Bush is a good President and we need to be in Iraq to win the war on terror. Nevertheless, they are entitled to their opinion and you are entitled to your opinion.

You indicate you think moderators are "holding back" their opinions "to maintain some decorum," but you think I am "nuts and have no problem saying so." I think you should grow up and not engage in name calling over a difference of opinion.

No salesperson EVER approached me on the lot at Crown or in the basement at Longo. I have been told by salespeople that they are instructed to not approach the customer but, rather, have the customer approach them. It isn't because they don't "like" me or think I "can't afford a car." You have a WILD imagination.
you have YOUR opinions, others have THEIR opinions. if you think someone is attacking you, report it. trying to finger pointing back the way you did and it's a good way to ask for a time out. and for the record i read AM1's reply and i don't think it's personal attack. the word "nuts" is pretty mild i think, and it's HIS opinion.
Old 08-29-07, 09:47 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I was invited to and attended ALL the past TASTE OF LEXUS events.
So have the rest of us, but we don't brag about it. Lexus only started the consumer event a few years ago, before that it was only for employees.

I have been told by salespeople that they are instructed to not approach the customer but, rather, have the customer approach them.
That's what salespeople tell people if they are too lazy to help them.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 08-29-07 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-29-07, 10:09 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
Sweet!

Now all i have to find is a girlfriend.
HAHAHAHA...

Javier
Old 08-29-07, 10:51 PM
LexFather

Everyone, I don't think we are going to convince one another of anything at this point. So lets agree to disagree.

Let me add when a moderator is engaged in a thread and when he does ask that the matter be taken in private, that is a request that must be followed.

Old 08-30-07, 03:14 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Okay since this thread has SKEWED way off topic...let's bring it back to more pertinent matters.

Taste of Lexus "Evening Edition" which had it's inaugural event in LA this past weekend, will also make it's way to 3 other markets in the next few weeks.

The 3 locations are:

NJ, Chicago and Miami.

I will be posting sign up info for this special enthusiast event shortly. Yes the IS-F will be on the dyno for people to experience first hand...just as we did here in LA. No you don't have to be a Lexus owner to register.

More to come.
Old 08-30-07, 05:53 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Will the IS-F with the dyno be at any of the other venues during the daytime. Since DC wont get an evening edition or will there just be an IS-F on display.

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus 2007 Official (pg. 6)