Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Taste of Lexus 2007 Official (pg. 6)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-07, 07:08 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Will the IS-F with the dyno be at any of the other venues during the daytime. Since DC wont get an evening edition or will there just be an IS-F on display.
No. Evening Edition events only at this time. There should be a static display IS-F available granted it's not being used at an event (US Open, media press release or SEMA).
Old 09-01-07, 07:58 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
I'll see you guys this Saturday at TOL in Irvine. It's gonna be a blast...LS 600h L here I come...
Here's the LS 600h L taken at the TOL in Irvine, CA.

Old 09-04-07, 08:34 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Lexus announces the Taste of Lexus "Evening Edition" for one night only in each of the following locations: Chicago (Arlington Park), NY (Jackson, NJ), and Miami (Miami Gardens). This Taste "lite" has been created in recognition of performance enthusiasts, and will focus all test drives exclusively on a short performance course, normally reserved for the IS and GS only. The IS F will also be showcased, with demonstration runs on a dynomometer available. These evening events will occur as shown:

Chicago area
Saturday, September 8; 7-10pm
Arlington Park
2200 West Euclid Ave.
Arlington Heights (Parking Lot A)

NY Area
Saturday, September 22; 7-10pm
Six Flags Great Adventure
1 SixFlags Blvd. - Route 537
Jackson, NJ (Hurricane Harbor lot)

Miami Area
Saturday, October 20; 7-10pm
Calder Race Course
21001 NW 27th Ave.
Miami Gardens (Lot C, E, F)

Please note that the only way to register for these evening sessions is by phone: 1-888-236-9117. The call center is open 24/7 to assist with reservations and to provide more information. Registration for the evening edition may NOT be completed online, however general information is available at www.TasteofLexus.com. We look forward to seeing you at one of these events!

Last edited by flipside909; 09-04-07 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-17-07, 09:53 PM
Trexus

A few pictures of the IS-F taken at TOL in Irvine, CA.

Old 09-19-07, 11:55 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my $750 certificate in the mail yesterday. Has my name clearly printed on it so I guess eBay is not an option.
Old 09-19-07, 12:01 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

I havent even got an invite yet. Its in DC next week so i guess i will get something soon.
Old 09-19-07, 01:39 PM
Trexus

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Got my $750 certificate in the mail yesterday. Has my name clearly printed on it so I guess eBay is not an option.
I got mine the other day too. I'm more interested in getting the Tundra. So we can't give this away to a friend who's interested in a Lexus?
Old 09-19-07, 02:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
I got mine the other day too. I'm more interested in getting the Tundra. So we can't give this away to a friend who's interested in a Lexus?
no, only immediate family member living in the same address (spouse, children)
Old 09-19-07, 03:41 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL, Lexus doesn't want someone doing a charity collection, say getting 40 certificates and aha!! give me free Lexus. Yes I know limit one per purchase...
Old 09-19-07, 11:27 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i have extra 750 certificates, but since the name is already printed onto it......
Old 09-20-07, 12:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by AM1
i have extra 750 certificates, but since the name is already printed onto it......
time to go buy another car!
Old 09-21-07, 09:29 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

I got my confirmation guys im going next saturday.
Old 09-22-07, 03:17 PM
garyr
Pole Position

Default Taste of White Trash

I've just returned from the NY Taste of Lexus in Jackson NJ. WOW what an eye opener. I pulled my LS 460L touring in to a parking lot of about 300 junk broken down cars and parked. There were a 20 or so ES300's and 350's that I saw and a a few C class MB's.

What I can't figure out is why Lexus would have you drive all the way to the event and have to wait over an hour to drive a limited number of stock cars. My wife and I wanted to test drive a LX SUV, her lease is coming due and they just had one RX no other suv's. What a waste of time. We went into the luxury tent were we were greeted with a girl that asked if we played tennis and I said yes, she than showed us were we could sit play Nintendo Wee tennis, I could not believe it. They did have a golf simulation swing with 1,500 people in line. My dealer has one in the service waiting room with no line.

We wondered over to the Bistro to grab a bite and we were greeted with stale bread and under cooked sliders. I thought I was in a hwy rest stop.

I tried like hell to ask someone if I could get info on the LX but no one could help me, It was very bizarre. I'm not sure were Lexus got the client base from but WOW it it scary. My dealer gave me 2 invites and told me how hard it was to get them. I guess the guy next to me in the beat up Mazda had a tough time getting them too.

Lexus told us we were not going to get a giveaway bag but they donated money to the Rain Forest or something. I wish they would just say they ran out of giveaways. Dwell magazine had the best booth and gave away free magizines...

We stayed their less than an hour and could not stand to wait over an hour in line when we could just drive to a dealer and get personal service and fresh coffee.

I DVRed the Taste of Lexus LA show and watched it yesterday and was expecting the same. At the LA show they had other models to compare such as BMW and Infinity with a huge test track. The test track consisted basically of a small circle. They had message rooms and golf training pro's to analyze your swing. None of that at the NY show. The wife wanted a message and a LX test drive and she would have been hooked on the brand.

This was just my experience, I have high expectations but to the average Joe this would have been......I don't know.

I do appreciate Lexus putting this on for everyone but they really missed their mark. You can clearly see an independent company set up the right atmosphere but the Lexus company was hollow on the delivery. In my opinion Lexus better weak up if they want to continue to compete in the high end luxury market. After this experience Hyundai may have a point...........

Sorry for the Rant......Just was way off than what I expected.
Old 09-22-07, 03:31 PM
Atlas
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good portion of the crowd were sportin' Mullets, Hockey Jerseys and tight jeans
Old 09-22-07, 04:02 PM
garyr
Pole Position

LOL.....Yeah I hear you.

I personally don't care what people look like or what they drive as long as they are nice and honest.

I guess what I mean is all the marketing about this event that Lexus sent out was about their luxury life style, I did not see it anywhere. Shame on me to expect Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton experience, instead I got Walmart .

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus 2007 Official (pg. 6)