Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Taste of Lexus 2007 Official (pg. 6)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-07, 11:16 AM
LexFather

Okay my impression.

First, I set my appointment for 9am. I invited my family as well and we met there. Great, no huge crowds. I park and its always nice to see some other modded Lex there

Signing in was easy, I had my e-mail printed for them to scan. Now my sister, I did NOT pre-register and she had no issues getting in.

The immediate lounge is nice, and the first rep explains how things are. She explains the Matrix card. I call it the Matrix card b/c I felt like a got damn agent at this event with it. It was no biggie, it was techie but very controlling.

We walk into like a "courtyard" and they have the Lexus cars on each side. Nice. Then each huge tent has the different areas from Performance, to Hybrids, to Luxury and the sponsors like Dwell, etc.

Well you scan the card and pick the test drive. It was early so not much of a lline. They give me a business card with the car model you want to test drive.

Now my matrix card got stuck in the plastic, so I had to rip it open to use it the rest of the time. No biggie but it seemed to be an issue with others.

So I pick GS 450h first and there is no line hardly. There is also NO COURSE hardly. I mean, by the time I got the car out the battery range, the damn course was over. EVERYONE I spoke to complained about how short it was. You got no feel for the car.

I drove the LS 600h L as well. Its funny, if people think the GS steering is light, jumping into the LS feels very light. I love the build quality of both, the LS 600h L, just WOW, I mean, it feels like a vault inside and the leather dash and all the wood is just WOW.

I bump into SELOC member Kofi and we hang and I drive the GS 350 next in the performance course. Much longer and better. Except, Lexus still attracts people 1 step away from kicking the bucket so everytime we drove, the person in front of us was going 3 mph on the performance course.

The IS is a revelation, it feels fast and handles so much better than the other cars. Its nimble feeling in comparison but it is smaller. Loved it as well.

Then, they had the IS_F there. Which will be in my future. It is FANTASTIC. It looks so much better in person, the exhaust doesn't even look weird. THe side vents are not that big and the hood isn't that bad. It was white/white seats and you can see the wear and tear on the white leather.

The Lexus lady revved that baby up and wow, what a sound. With an exhaust, it will sound INCREDIBLE.

The food was actually good to me and the portion, IMO was perfect!! I got the flat iron steak meal. THe chocolate chip cookies were PERFECT. They were so delicious. I thought it was cool to scan for one meal, instead of eating like a pig at the event.

Overall, I had a really good time. Some of the Lexus personal was "smug" but I am almost used to that (had on a t-shirt, jeans and Jordans).

The crowd control was great. It was clear here the IS 350 was the favorite, the line was ridiculous compared to the other cars. THe food was fantastic. No, no gift when you leave but so what.

Honestly I was expecting to be disappointed reading this forum, but I came away very pleased and happy and I will buy an IS-F in the next 2 years.

Kudos to Lexus again!!