Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Taste of Lexus 2007 Official (pg. 6)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-07, 02:53 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Site is closed so looks like there may not be a Taste of Lexus this year.
Either that, or it is being updated for new content.
Old 06-20-07, 03:16 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Site is closed so looks like there may not be a Taste of Lexus this year.
It was like that last year until TOL registration opened. So don't worry! I can't wait i'm only 10 min. away from the NY TOL.
Old 06-20-07, 04:45 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed out on going last year, I won't make that mistake this year.
Old 06-20-07, 05:21 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Yeah maybe im just jumping the gun. Im just hoping the LX570, LS600hl and of course the IS-F will be there.
Old 06-20-07, 06:46 PM
genearch
Driver

To be honest, I've always felt a little presumptuous attending these events (thus I only attended 1) when I was not in the market for a new car. I've always felt that they were targeting the people that were actually in the market for a car and give them an opportunity to cross shop their competition all in one place.

When I went to Dodger Stadium, it was the standard 22-27 yr old male, there for the free food and to see how aggressive they can get away with driving cars they don't own. Absolutely no intention to buy a car.

Perhaps Lexus is trying to cultivate future owners, but I feel bad for the people that are there to make a decision and they have to wait while somebody is essentially joyriding a car.
Old 06-20-07, 07:35 PM
apwoodr
Rookie

I emailed customer service last week and they said it should be announced in the next few weeks.

I've only been to one, and I purchased my first Lexus a few weeks later. I imagine there will always be people that come for the free food and access to vehicles that they have no intent to purchase. However, I'm sure Lexus has looked at what it costs them, and what the sales are as a result of the event. If it was really hurting the bottom line, they would probably end it. Until then, I look forward to going to the next one!!!
Old 06-20-07, 10:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by genearch
To be honest, I've always felt a little presumptuous attending these events (thus I only attended 1) when I was not in the market for a new car. I've always felt that they were targeting the people that were actually in the market for a car and give them an opportunity to cross shop their competition all in one place.

When I went to Dodger Stadium, it was the standard 22-27 yr old male, there for the free food and to see how aggressive they can get away with driving cars they don't own. Absolutely no intention to buy a car.

Perhaps Lexus is trying to cultivate future owners, but I feel bad for the people that are there to make a decision and they have to wait while somebody is essentially joyriding a car.
i whole heartedly agree, that's why i wish there is a better way for invitation. when i was there i saw all those people cramming for food like they didn't have breakfast or whatever...... it's really sad....

one of the many reasons why i always go the first session, drive the cars i want, and be with it
Old 06-20-07, 10:31 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I liked how they made Taste of Lexus 2007 a better balance between the wonderful, luxurious + expensive (to setup) Taste of Luxury 2004, which had more car choices but also a very comfortable atmosphere, and Taste of Lexus 2005, which was IS/GS but had more of a younger and noisier crowd.

Taste of Lexus 2005 had a large crowd, but was setup more intelligently, and thus could do posh and large at the same time, food and cars and fun altogether.
Old 06-20-07, 11:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i whole heartedly agree, that's why i wish there is a better way for invitation. when i was there i saw all those people cramming for food like they didn't have breakfast or whatever...... it's really sad....

one of the many reasons why i always go the first session, drive the cars i want, and be with it
Agreed x2. For most of the people that are there, freebies are what they are there for...and any chance to thrash a car they have no intention of buying. It's really unfair to the people who are seriously buying the car, but then again, it gets the public's attention and awareness of Lexus. Possibly a blessing in disguise for Lexus as far as exposure is concerned, even despite what we feel.
Old 06-21-07, 06:22 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Agreed x2. For most of the people that are there, freebies are what they are there for...and any chance to thrash a car they have no intention of buying. It's really unfair to the people who are seriously buying the car, but then again, it gets the public's attention and awareness of Lexus. Possibly a blessing in disguise for Lexus as far as exposure is concerned, even despite what we feel.
I also agree one thing I also noticed is there are alot of children coming as well.
Old 06-21-07, 08:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I also agree one thing I also noticed is there are alot of children coming as well.
well personally i think children is ok, lexus always want to put in a sense of community / family. that's why couple years ago at the event they actually had a kid corner where all the kids play.

on the other hand, the 30 year-old who grabs food like he has never eaten before, and the 21 year-old who drives like he's a pro driver... i roll my eyes on them
Old 06-21-07, 10:29 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

What's wrong with the 21 year old who drives likes he's a pro driver? Chevy, BMW, & Mazda ALL encourage drivers to drive fast. Lexus on the other hand, really doesn't.
Old 06-21-07, 12:40 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The key IMO are the special certificates that Lexus gives out to Taste of Lexus attendees (previously via mail, now e-mail). A significant discount off the purchase of a new Lexus. People I know have used the certificate. That will help determine the effectiveness of ToL.
Old 06-21-07, 12:46 PM
genearch
Driver

What other driving events will be this year i got an email about the chevy rev it up.

Here's one.. a bit different but for a worthy cause:

In partnership with the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, BMW organizes an annual event, The Ultimate Drive®, to raise money for breast cancer research. It's your opportunity to test drive a BMW, and show your spirited support.

For every mile you drive BMW will donate $1 on your behalf to Komen. Since the program’s inception in 1997, the event has raised over $10 million dollars for breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment programs. In 2007 you can continue to make a difference by taking a test drive to help us reach our goal: donating a grand total of $11 million!

Sign-up today. All the information you need to participate is right here, including on-line registration.

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/...gistration.htm
Old 06-21-07, 02:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by OC 335i
What's wrong with the 21 year old who drives likes he's a pro driver? Chevy, BMW, & Mazda ALL encourage drivers to drive fast. Lexus on the other hand, really doesn't.
it will be fine if they are really "pro" rather than knocking cones left and right

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus 2007 Official (pg. 6)