Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota's U.S. chief says the future will be all hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-07, 06:47 AM
nn432100
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hybrid cars are here to stay. Asian car companies are investing heavily in it and producing products from it. American car companies are now trailing asian carmakers and will do anything to stay with or surpass them. Id say its gonna stick around for a good 20 years until the domestic companies come out with hydrogen cars. I think thats what will save them from being completley dominated. I think I read somewhere that GM moved a crap load of engineers from other projects to work on hydrogen cars. Plus I believe there is a new system that does all the fuel conversion in the car, so no need for a gas/hydrogen station. That whole plugging your vehicle into an outlet is a bad idea. Not only will your electricity bill go up but your just taxing your local power grid to work harder. Not to mention the majority of power plants are COAL plants. So your only moving the pollution elsewhere, not eliminating it.
Old 07-12-07, 04:16 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait to see all the Lexus being hybrids (petrol-electric or diesel-electric or hydrogen-electric), I wouldn't mind seeing a hybrid-diesel IS (seeing they have a diesel already only for Europe) would be nice. Imagine the mpg (50-60) and how low the CO2 (probably like 100 g / km) would be with who knows how much horsepower (+200) *drools* and torque. Something like that would be cleaner, more powerful and faster than a Prius. Call it like the IS***dh, something like that I think people would go for (thats just me).

I just hope before 2011 there will be a hybrid LX, GX and SC.

Last edited by JessePS; 07-13-07 at 04:52 AM.