Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Vid: 8 minute comparo of Veyron, Gallardo, R8, 911 GT3 & DB9

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-07, 02:43 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Vid: 8 minute comparo of Veyron, Gallardo, R8, 911 GT3 & DB9

In case you haven't seen this one already, it's always a nice watch...

Eight minutes of Autocar magazine video comparing some of the fastest cars in the world: Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi R8, Porsche 911 GT3and Aston Martin DB9:

http://www.flixxy.com/supercar-road-...sche-aston.htm
Old 07-13-07, 07:33 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic find pvmike1! Thank you very much.

They get all those cars, minus the Veyron, to hang their rear ends out like there's no tomorrow. Simply amazing, both the driving and the cars.
Old 07-13-07, 08:49 PM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my god! excellent video! i particularly liked the commentary. "if you were an R8 driver out for a blast and you came away from you motorway toll quickly and saw one of those (bugati veyron) you feel about 4 years old."

Last edited by flipspeed; 07-13-07 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-13-07, 11:56 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

wait
he said Veyron goes around corners better
is that true?
i thought veyron is very very heavy and isnt as nimble as 911 GT3 RS or even the RS
Old 07-14-07, 12:31 AM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UberNoob
wait
he said Veyron goes around corners better
is that true?
i thought veyron is very very heavy and isnt as nimble as 911 GT3 RS or even the RS
found this on wikipedia...
Previews

Gordon Murray, designer of the McLaren F1 (which for many years was the fastest production car ever built) said the following about the Bugatti Veyron in UK auto magazine evo during its development period:

"The most pointless exercise on the planet has got to be this four-wheel-drive 1000 horsepower Bugatti. I think it’s incredibly childish this thing people have about just one element—top speed, standing kilometer or 0-60. It’s about as narrow minded as you can get as a car designer to pick on one element. It’s like saying we’re going to beat the original Mini because we’re going to make a car 10 mph faster on its top speed—but it's two feet longer and 200 kilos heavier. That’s not car designing—that just reeks of a company who are paranoid."

Murray was impressed with the Veyron after he test drove one, nearly praising it in an article he wrote about it in Road and Track magazine [2].

[edit] Reviews

After the car had reached production, Murray went on to write an article for another UK auto magazine, Top Gear, retracting a lot of his past criticism of the car.

"One really good thing, and I simply never expected this, is that it does change direction. It hardly feels its weight. Driving it on a circuit I expected a sack of cement, but you can really throw it at tight chicanes."

He also declared in the article that: "The braking is phenomenal, the primary ride and body control are good too" and "It's a huge achievement."