Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Most affordable luxury car

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 06:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Nextourer
true but you know Honda ppl will say the same for the ES right?

but ya... They do charge a larger premium than the ES/Camry. With the ES, I can tell I'm getting something better with a different dashboard and better materials.
They share platforms but the cars are totally different inside and out. The CSX/EL from Civic conversion is just a replacement of badges.
In the CSX, the dashboard is identical to the Civic.. you just get shiny leather (ugh) and HIDs and... nav I guess... oh and a nicer looking car (the CSX does look better than the Civic IMO)
Originally Posted by Nextourer
up here, the Acura CSX is the affordable luxury car...

HIDs, Acura bilingual nav system, leather (a bit shiny for my taste), power moonroof, 17" alloys, 6 airbags, CD/MP3 6-speakers with AUX Input, heated seats, turn-signal in mirrors.

all for about Cdn$33k IIRC. (A bit expensive compared to the 1.7EL but compared to everything else, it's priced ok)
Pics for those that want a good laugh. It literally just swaps badges (or rather turns them upside down)

Old 07-17-07, 09:24 PM
is-fan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read some of that article, and i think that the point he was trying to get across was the "tricle-down theory of economics for cars". All of the automakers are packing more technology and luxury into their cars, and that luxury such as the ventilated seats, iPod integration, etc is now available in the cheaper models. Hell, back when I bought my first car, even A/C and power windows and door locks were optional. In the authors defense, he does make some good points, even if some of his facts and opinions may be off.
Old 07-18-07, 12:03 PM
iobidder
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not find anything funny with that. In Canada it has been that way for a while. Same goes for us, Toyota name brand in other countries, but Lexus brand here in the US then hike the price. Guess what, we are being laughed at! I am not speaking of recent Lexus cars, but overall a general statement.