Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Incredible Police Chase Caught on Dash-Cam !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-07, 11:25 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts
Exclamation Incredible Police Chase Caught on Dash-Cam !!!

Video : CLICK HERE
Old 07-15-07, 01:58 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

ADD the word "stupid" in there and point to the cops involved and you pretty much get it right.

They endangered thousands of people by chasing through heavy traffic while watching cars he hit ram into each other and into guard rails because they would not back off the chase.

I am guessing Ohio doesn't have the "back off and let the copter handle it" option, but they don't have to endanger everyone else and cause mass incident while watching several people suffer injury like they did being slammed into guard rails and god knows what else happened when the entire freeway had to come to a halt all at once.

When you are running 110+ in heavy traffic BACK THE HELL OFF and let the guy think he got away. STUPID STUPID STUPID.................
Old 07-15-07, 05:50 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how at the end of the chase the cop knees the guy a few times while putting on the hand cuffs :P
Old 07-15-07, 06:20 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Angry

This pisses me off big time

Nowadays, it's just about worthless to hop in a car and chase away from the police. Police now got many arsenals to help catch the person if there is a chase. If the suspects think that they out ran the police by land, most police have helicopters and add the news helicopters to the mix as well. But what gets to me is that in the video, the fool smacked and sidewsiped many cars during the chase. Innocent drivers heading to or from where they were going and now all of sudden they get involved cuz this fool decides that he can out run the police. The police would have to hold me because I'd be wanting to get at him for my smacking my car and probably having me get killed or injured.
Old 07-15-07, 06:20 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by biggie27
I love how at the end of the chase the cop knees the guy a few times while putting on the hand cuffs :P
Yea I saw that the one cop already had the suspect under his control when the other one comes acting all crazy.

A lot of jurisdictions have changed their pursuit policies that was a stupid vid was it really worth it. We had a local incident here cop decides to chase a guy on a sport bike with his crown vic. Cop ends up killing 2 injuring 12 and the bike still got away.
Old 07-15-07, 08:24 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Man, if I was a cop, I would've stuck a nightstick up his ***. People like this should be shot right there on the spot, they have no regard for other people's lifes, so why should they deserve to live?
Old 07-15-07, 08:53 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Man, if I was a cop, I would've stuck a nightstick up his ***. People like this should be shot right there on the spot, they have no regard for other people's lifes, so why should they deserve to live?
Good thing you're not a cop, unfortunately there are cops like you. I personally know cops who tell me that pursuits are not worth it.
Old 07-15-07, 08:54 AM
LexFather

Wow, that should be a promo add for GM, I think that was a Trailblazer or one of those twins...

I cannot believe the carnage, a few cars got hit!

Where were those tires coming from? Were they from the SUV? I couldn't figure that out....

Very dangerous....

Old 07-15-07, 10:54 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

OK, I have a question.
Why is it that when I see US car chases the tires of the bad guys allways blow?
Old 07-15-07, 11:46 AM
ferdinan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default News Articles Related to the Police Chase

Here is more to the story.

Source:
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...c-4bd7611a9cb6
I-71 High Speed Chase Suspect Talks From Jail
Posted By: Lynn Giroud

He tied-up two women, stole their car and led police on a dangerous chase through rush hour traffic. Now he's telling his side of the story from jail.

It was a dramatic police chase along I-71 Friday, stretching from King's Island to Kenwood Towne Center. Behind the wheel was 20-year-old Adam Carpenter.

He's now in the Warren County jail on a half-million dollars bond.

In a jailhouse interview Tuesday, Carpenter said he wanted to escape Talbert House, a halfway house in Lebanon, before they sent him back to prison.

He says he was written-up too many times and was heading back to prison for five years for a probation violation.

So, he decided to make a run for it and head to his mother's house in Batavia.

"Either you're going to go to prison or try to get away," Carpenter said. "Just go home, go home pretty much. That's all I was thinking about, was going home".

Carpenter says he saw a home in Warren County and broke in.

"Then these ladies came home and started yelling and I picked up the gun and told them either come in the house or I was going to shoot them," said Carpenter.

"So they came in and I grabbed the car, the computer, and left," he continued, "and I taped them up, and that was that."

An off-duty officer spotted the stolen SUV on I-71 near King's Island and the chase began.

Carpenter says he tried to stop once.

"I pulled over, then everyone got out with their guns pointed at me and it kind of scared me a little – so, I just smashed the gas and kept going".

Carpenter showed little emotion as he watched the cruiser camera video.

During the chase, dozens of cars had to pull off the road – several of them crashed.

"I was trying my best not to hit nobody," said Carpenter.

With the help of stop-sticks, Carpenter's run from the law came to an end at the base of the Kenwood Towne Center.

After watching the video, Carpenter simply said, "I'm sorry for what I did".

Carpenter is due back in court for a preliminary hearing next week.
Source:
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...019/1056/COL02
Escapee caught after chase
BY QUAN TRUONG | QTRUONG@ENQUIRER.COM

Margaret Brooks’ voice trembled Friday afternoon as she told police she had been tied up and robbed by an intruder.

Her emotional 911 call led to a high-speed chase across two counties, several crashed cars on Interstate 71 and the arrest of an escaped inmate at gunpoint in Kenwood. (Site of arrest)

The Warren County Sheriff’s Office identified the inmate as Adam E. Carpenter, 20, of New Richmond, who escaped at 8:30 a.m. Friday from the Community Correctional Center on Ohio 63 in Turtlecreek Township. He was serving time for multiple theft offenses.

From a neighbor’s house about a mile from the facility, Brooks, 52, of Turtlecreek Township, called 911 about 2:45 p.m., saying a man she didn’t know had broken into her home on Ohio 63, tied her up along with her sister at gunpoint and stole her sister’s SUV. Police said a neighbor, Madonna Woebkenberg, was also tied up after the three women walked in on Carpenter burglarizing the house.

“He said he just got out of prison a couple of days ago and his sister is in the hospital because she OD’d on heroin and that’s why he said he was doing it,” Brooks frantically told a dispatcher.

During the weepy 6½-minute call, Brooks also said the man took her computer and her sister’s personal items. The woman told the dispatcher her sister, who has a heart condition, was still tied up.

“He left at 2:47 (p.m.) as I was untying myself,” she said. “He has a gun and I know he has two shells.” Police said a shotgun was also taken from the home.

That’s what a Warren County dispatcher told off-duty Hamilton Township officer Lisa Elliot, who spotted the SUV on Ohio 48 half an hour later while she was driving her personal pickup truck on her way to work. Telephone recordings released by the sheriff’s department showed Elliot continued to follow the SUV for nearly 10 minutes.

“You know he has a shotgun, right?” the dispatcher asked her.

“I’m aware of it,” Elliot said. “I’m not staying real close.”

She eventually trailed the white Chevy TrailBlazer onto I-71 south, going up to 90 mph.

Mason police and county deputies first caught up to the TrailBlazer near the Kings Island exit and tried to pull it over.

“He’s running, he’s running … they’re in pursuit,” Elliot told the dispatcher.

The driver not only kept going but sped up, said sheriff’s Maj. John Newsom. At that point, officers threw out Stop Sticks, which punctured the SUV’s front tires. Police said Carpenter continued driving on the vehicle’s rims for several miles.

The high-speed chase continued into Hamilton County, where the SUV crashed into several southbound cars. The heavily damaged SUV stopped at the Montgomery Road exit ramp in Kenwood shortly after its hood flew up. During the chase, up to five cars were damaged on southbound I-71, police said, most or all of them hit by the speeding SUV.

Footage from Artimis cameras showed the driver as he emerged from the SUV with his hands up, held at gunpoint. He quickly laid on the ground and was taken into custody , though police said they used Tasers when Carpenter did not comply with deputies’ verbal demands.

Carpenter complained of chest pains and was taken to University Hospital. He was later released and taken to the Warren County jail. He was and charged with aggravated burglary and felonious assault; more charges are expected. Bond was set at $500,000 cash.

As police investigated, traffic backed up along the highway for two hours during afternoon rush hour.

One after another, tow trucks pulled away from the scene with several mangled cars, including the white TrailBlazer.

No names of other drivers were released Friday night, but police said none of them was seriously injured.
Old 07-15-07, 12:45 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope he rots in jail.
Old 07-15-07, 12:59 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Several things come to mind in terms of punishment for this scumbag. None of them legal in todays ,"soft" society.
We will spend thousands upon thousands giving him a trial and a public defender. He will spend thousands of tax payers money while incarcerated. Just sad how society allows people like this to get a second,third,fourth,fifth,etc......chance.