Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura tops dealership experience poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 07:28 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura tops dealership experience poll

I've been to 2 Acura dealerships in the Tampa/Clearwater area, and my experiences there wouldn't earn the nameplate a spot on the top 5 list. Of course, it all comes down to the knowledge level, personality, and overall competence of the sales person. Come to think of it, I'm yet to have a truly decent experience at any Florida dealership. I usually end up walking out with bad taste in my mouth from the buying experience.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-to...ence-poll.html

Acura dealerships ranked at the top of a study that analyzed the new car shopping experience. The Pied Piper Prospect Satisfaction Index studied anonymous, planted consumers who looked at cars in April, May and June and reported back on their experience with the salesperson.

Land Rover, Saturn, Jaguar and Volkswagen dealers rounded out the top-five, respectively. A total of 25 car brands finished above average, while 12 finished below average, according to The Detroit Free Press. Those finishing under par included: Kia, Ford, Mazda, Jeep, Chrysler, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Lincoln, Mitsubishi.

The study found that, overall, dealership salespeople don't necessarily fit in the stereotype of trying to oversell their product; rather, the salespeople tended not to give enough information about the vehicles they were selling. Land Rover salespeople were most likely to walk around the vehicle and point out the details for consumers.
Old 07-16-07, 07:52 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have significant experience with the local Lexus, Acura, and Audi dealers in the area as far as luxury brands go.

Honestly this is the one area where Lexus has so far outshone its competitors that it's no comparison. Granted I think I may have also had the best service adviser known to man - I talked briefly with some of the other service advisers at the Lexus dealership and they didn't strike me as nearly as great.

My Audi dealership is acceptable but the dealership is a worn down POS building, they stick me in a VW Jetta enterprise rental car every time I'm there claiming that they're out of Audis (OK but every single time? Even when I've scheduled an appointment??).

The Acura dealer is nice and professional but their building is fairly outdated as well and their service techs are really bad about pushing unnecessary and overpriced maintenance and services.
Old 07-16-07, 08:21 AM
LexFather

Is this serious?
The Pied Piper Prospect Satisfaction Index studied anonymous
Never heard of them.....Kudos I guess but like ya'll the Acura dealers in Atlanta are average at best.

And my family bought 2 used cars from an Acura dealer!

Old 07-16-07, 04:34 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

The way most dealerships treat customers is usually more a reflection of the owners and managers (and occasionally maverick salespeople) there rather than the automaker's PR itself. Saturn, alone among all U.S.-market automakers, probably came closest to creating a true company-wide golden dealership experience....but even that has faded somewhat as the company has become more and more just another GM division.
Old 07-16-07, 05:11 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had good experience from both my Acura and Lexus dealers. Both the local facilities are about equal in terms of the building itself especially since Acura renovated. Our Lexus dealer building is rather small and nowhere near the size of most of the mainland dealerships. The service itself have been great at both dealers as well. Acura actually has the better waiting room with a large screen TV and such. Our Lexus dealer doesn't have any of that.

Anyway, I think it just depends on the dealer and location. Lexus probably has the nicer facilities over all throughout the country, but the dealership experience will depend on the individual dealership themselves.

So far since I'm thinking of buying a G35S, I've been going down to Infiniti. I've found the sales staff very helpful and nice, but the finance manager to be a bit pushy.
Old 07-17-07, 03:49 AM
GUJIGUJI
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i owned my 2 acuras I'd only give them 70% for the services. Those guys worked on my cars were excellent. Those guys at receptions were nice too. However, I was given one courtesy car w/ broken driver seat once. Another time, I booked a courtesy car about a month ago for my major service and at the time I got there they told me all courtesy cars were gone@@ So they gave me a rental(hyundai accent). I also, had to pay for the gas & insurance myself@@ that time I was really upset w/ their service. The worst part was the dealership refused to fix my brake problem properly ever since I first picked up the car, so I had to write to Honda Canada to complain and forced them to fix. That is the main reason I switched to Lexus I guess.
Old 07-17-07, 04:44 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GUJIGUJI
Another time, I booked a courtesy car about a month ago for my major service and at the time I got there they told me all courtesy cars were gone@@ So they gave me a rental(hyundai accent).
So far I'm 50/50 for loaners at Lexus. Got a rental Camry the first time and my wife finally fot a 07 ES350 the last time.
Old 07-17-07, 05:59 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Man there is a big difference between the Acura and Lexus dealerships in Charlotte. The Lexus dealership here treat me like a king heck sometimes I might ride by Just to hang out lol. On the other hand the Honda dealership treats you better than the Acura.