Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Customer Service-- CL, I need help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 12:53 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
Forum Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Toyota Customer Service-- CL, I need help...

My wife's car has had a problem with the AC draining into the pass. side floorboard. Today she took it to the local toyota dealership, (the only one we have in watertown NY) and they told her because the car was involved in an accident on the pass. side, the factory warranty is void. and they would have to charger her $650 to rip the car apart and find the source, let it dry and put it back together.

HOLD ON...Warranty Void aver an accident? I have never heard of this, this car has 20,000 miles on it, still under the factory bumper to bumper. something as small as an AC drain hose, there should be no issue fixing. the accident was all cosmetic anyway, though extensively damaged ($5,750 in damage, both doors, front bumper cover, rear bumper cover, rear fender, front fender, R/F wheel and R/S rocker panel.)

The repairs were done at an Authorized Toyota Body Repair Center, with OEM toyota parts...so tell me again why the warranty is void?

is there a way i can resolve this situation from Iraq. I think the whole reason they are doing this is because my wife went in there by herself, in a predominately military town, and i would like to chew someones *** over this.

any suggestions? Im seriously turned off by this...toyota has always held a special place in my heart, but too many more experiences like this from their dealers and i may have to switch brands...
Old 07-16-07, 03:14 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am assuming that it's the service manager that is denying the repair. If you have bumper to bumper warranty, they SHOULD cover it. Go beyond the service manager to get some resolution.
Old 07-16-07, 04:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

There's truth on both sides here. Accident damage does void a warranty, but like you said, it is unlikely that the accident alone caused an A/C leak like this....the burden of proof is on THEM, not you.

I agree with ElitistK...start climbing the ladder to get some action.

So...save any insurance papers regarding this matter or any receipts and bills for out-of-pocket expenses you or your wife have paid in this matter. You will want to keep them for evidence.

Here's the website you will need to contact Toyota Customer Service...and if they don't satisfy you you can go higher.
http://www.toyota.com/about/contact/index.html

And let them know you are an Iraq vet. Many companies show respect for those who went over there and served., and are more likely to give them a break.

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-16-07 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-16-07, 07:37 PM
LexFather

Yeah, time to go past that dude and try to get a resolution.

Old 07-17-07, 08:52 AM
MadDawg350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice!!!! My family has a very long history serving in the military dating all the way back to the Revolutionary War. I feel your pain with the issues your wife is experiencing while you are deployed for my Mother had to overcome a lot of problems while my Father was stationed at various bases around the world. I'm with the others, take it to a higher level, going through the chain of command until you are satisfied. My old Honda Accord had a similar issue with water draining into the passenger footwell. The problem was that the drain hose was clogged with debris that was sucked into the system through the cowl. It was a once year fix for me that was easy to do.
Old 07-17-07, 08:59 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MadDawg350
First of all, THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice!!!!
+1

Kudos to you, ArmyofOne. Thank you for your sacrifice.
Old 07-17-07, 09:14 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

You should go back to the body shop that performed the repairs first. Then elevate it if they will not assist.

Sadly, even if a shop claims to be a "Toyota Certified Shop", nothing stops them from doing bad repairs due to a bodyman with very little or poor experience.
Old 07-18-07, 08:29 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
Forum Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

We took care of it. Meghan drove to Syracuse and spoke to the Service manager at the Syracuse dealer, then she spoke to the regional manager for toyota. Not only did she get the problem fixed in Syracuse, but the regional manager said he would (and i quote) "Go to Toyota of Watertown and personally take care of the problem, rest assured you wont have to deal with that treatment or that individual anymore, this isnt the first complaint i have had about him."

He then wrote her a dealer check for the tank of gas she used to get there, gave her the 30,000 mile service for free and told her that if we come back to his dealer for our next car, he will hook us up. He also included a 25% coupon off the timing belt change coming up at 90,000 miles. way to go toyota!
Old 07-18-07, 08:57 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome Now that's customer service. Glad that you got it resolved.
Old 07-18-07, 10:00 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
We took care of it. Meghan drove to Syracuse and spoke to the Service manager at the Syracuse dealer, then she spoke to the regional manager for toyota. Not only did she get the problem fixed in Syracuse, but the regional manager said he would (and i quote) "Go to Toyota of Watertown and personally take care of the problem, rest assured you wont have to deal with that treatment or that individual anymore, this isnt the first complaint i have had about him."

He then wrote her a dealer check for the tank of gas she used to get there, gave her the 30,000 mile service for free and told her that if we come back to his dealer for our next car, he will hook us up. He also included a 25% coupon off the timing belt change coming up at 90,000 miles. way to go toyota!
Josh, good to hear that the manager is helping and willing to "hook" the both of you up