Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

F1 Toyota Factory Tour

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 01:36 PM
kt22cliff
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be closer than I think or it might not. But unless some mass crash happen to Mclaren, Farrari and much lesser degree to BMW and Renault, Toyota WILL NOT WIN a race in 2007 season. Toyota will be lucky to have one podium finish this season

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Point is they've done it before, and they're closer to getting a win then you think.
Old 07-19-07, 02:04 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kt22cliff
Might be closer than I think or it might not. But unless some mass crash happen to Mclaren, Farrari and much lesser degree to BMW and Renault, Toyota WILL NOT WIN a race in 2007 season. Toyota will be lucky to have one podium finish this season
I don't understand all this criticsm about Toyota in F1. It took Ferrari 20 years to achieve their first Grand Prix win. As for BMW and Renault, they did not start in F1 from scratch building a full constructor team. Last time I checked, Renault simply bought up Benetton, and BMW bought up Sauber. Even Honda bought up BAR.

Sure, Toyota may not get a win this year, but like I said it may be closer than you think, and for all we know Toyota may surprise in the 2008 or 2009 seasons, just like they shocked the F1 world with their level of competitiveness in the 2005 season.
Old 07-19-07, 02:11 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

i dont think toyota will win even a race this year

anyways
keep in mind that production car factory is very different than F1 factories though

an F1 factory is not necessary about the flow and assembly line
it is more about creative engineering and requires a very organic structure and setup, contrast to mechanistic
Old 07-19-07, 04:12 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Amazing...
Old 07-19-07, 04:34 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

I don't understand all this criticsm about Toyota in F1. It took Ferrari 20 years to achieve their first Grand Prix win. As for BMW and Renault, they did not start in F1 from scratch building a full constructor team. Last time I checked, Renault simply bought up Benetton, and BMW bought up Sauber. Even Honda bought up BAR.

Sure, Toyota may not get a win this year, but like I said it may be closer than you think, and for all we know Toyota may surprise in the 2008 or 2009 seasons, just like they shocked the F1 world with their level of competitiveness in the 2005 season.
ditto. Toyota have had podium finishes from 2004 onwards, and the fact that the team was built from scratch is simply amazing.
Old 07-19-07, 05:04 PM
kt22cliff
Pole Position

Why do you all drink cool-aid? Whether a team was built from scratch or you buy it has nothing to do with the discussion of how good the team is and whether they will win any podium this year.

What matters in racing specially and sports in general is what have you done for me lately. And lately means today, this month, this year. Not 2 years ago. Fact of the matter is the only two teams, Mclaren are Ferrari, are up in the standings week in and week out and the next two, BMW and Renault, are hit or miss. And Toyota is a cut below that with everyone else. Last year Renault was hot and won driver's and constructor's championship. This year they suck. If you can't see that 2007 Toyota F1 team and every other team with slight exception of Renault and BMW are anything more than starting grid fillers for Mclaren/Ferrari party, then you have no idea what F1 racing is about.

Originally Posted by MR_F1
ditto. Toyota have had podium finishes from 2004 onwards, and the fact that the team was built from scratch is simply amazing.

Last edited by kt22cliff; 07-19-07 at 05:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-19-07, 05:29 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Why do you all drink cool-aid? Whether a team was built from scratch or you buy it has nothing to do with the discussion of how good the team is and whether they will win any podium this year.

What matters in racing specially and sports in general is what have you done for me lately. And lately means today, this month, this year. Not 2 years ago. Fact of the matter is the only two teams, Mclaren are Ferrari, are up in the standings week in and week out and the next two, BMW and Renault, are hit or miss. And Toyota is a cut below that with everyone else. Last year Renault was hot and won driver's and constructor's championship. This year they suck. If you can't see that 2007 Toyota F1 team and every other team with slight exception of Renault and BMW are anything more than starting grid fillers for Mclaren/Ferrari party, then you have no idea what F1 racing is about.
You seem to have a bit of an ignorant attitude, and it looks like you don't know how tough F1 actually is. Yes, Toyota is doing bad this year. That's quite obvious and everyone knows that.

Nobody, I repeat nobody in the history of F1 that has entered the sport and started a full constructor team from scratch has been able to win right away.

Do you want to know WHY Ferrari and McLaren are always near the top of the standings? It's because they've been in F1 for decades. Ferrari has been in F1 since the very beginning of the sport. Also Honda and Renault have been in the sport on and off for decades, which makes their bad performances this year even more inexcusable.

In Formula 1, experience counts for A LOT but it appears you're oblivious to that fact.
Old 07-19-07, 05:29 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Why don't you lay of the hater aid? Its seems that YOU are the one who knows nothing about F1 and racing in general. You know nothing about being a team fan, and guess what, the Team doesn't owe you jack ****e. Were ferrari fans on coolaid when the were on a decades long drought before 1999? have McLaren fans been on cool aid since 1998? Its F1, ups and downs are the nature of the game. You are either with the team or you arent.

I'm not to enamored about the fact that ToyCo corporate treats F1 as a marketing exercise, but the Team garners a huge amount of respect for what it has achieved in a short amount of time. Nobody jumps in from the get go and starts winning, so lay off....

Last edited by Gojirra99; 07-20-07 at 07:35 AM. Reason: name calling removed
Old 07-19-07, 05:41 PM
kt22cliff
Pole Position

You can be a fan of the team and root for them hard but at the same time, you gotta be realistic. When I said Toyota would be lucky to have one podium finish let alone a win this year, it's what any objective person would say looking at the races so far. And I could've said exact same thing to 6 other teams. But this thread is/was about Toyota F1 team/factory. And if Mclaren fans thought seriously they were gonna win any GP races when they weren't even competitive, what would you call that except drinking the coolaids??

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Why don't you lay of the hater aid? Its seems that YOU are the one who knows nothing about F1 and racing in general. You know nothing about being a team fan, and guess what, the Team doesn't owe you jack ****e. Were ferrari fans on coolaid when the were on a decades long drought before 1999? have McLaren fans been on cool aid since 1998? Its F1, ups and downs are the nature of the game. You are either with the team or you arent.

I'm not to enamored about the fact that ToyCo corporate treats F1 as a marketing exercise, but the Team garners a huge amount of respect for what it has achieved in a short amount of time. Nobody jumps in from the get go and starts winning, so lay off....

Last edited by Gojirra99; 07-20-07 at 07:36 AM. Reason: removed quoted innappropiate remark
Old 07-20-07, 02:17 AM
VIPLINE
AKA ATSOU

Huh Huh......chill out guys.... At least we are talking about Formula 1 here, not NASCAR