Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac prices new CTS (Edmunds, C&D, MT reviews pg. 2)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 09:39 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Cadillac prices new CTS (Edmunds, C&D, MT reviews pg. 2)

Although leaked pricing information isn't the most compelling of posts, those of you that have been salivating over the new Cadillac CTS can start arranging your budget accordingly. A forum member over at Cheers and Gears acquired a full breakdown of the '08 CTS' pricing, and aside from the options, a few things deserve note.

First off, Cadillac will be nixing the 2.8-liter V6 in the standard model, instead offering the 255 263-hp 3.6L VVT V6 with a manual tranny and the 300 304-hp 3.6L VVT DI V6 with the auto 'box. Pricing for the manual starts at $32,245; while the automatic version will set you back $34,545. If you decide to go the all-wheel-drive route and prefer to stir your own gears, you can tack on an additional $1,900 to the base price, or $3,200 in automatic trim.

You've got your choice of several packages, including the Luxury collection ($2,600), the Premium Luxury Collection ($8,165), the Performance Collection ($3,300), the Luxury Level One ($1,000) or the Luxury Level Two packages ($2,025).

You can view the spec sheet here, and follow the jump for the full list of packages and their respective add-ons. Just don't forget the destination fees, licenses and taxes
Old 07-19-07, 09:54 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is the auto more powerful than the manual.
Old 07-19-07, 11:11 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, they are doing it reverse...
But I see probably 80% of the buyer will Opt for Auto tranny anyway.
Old 07-19-07, 11:25 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I want the price of the 4 door Vette. The CTS-V
Old 07-19-07, 12:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,555 Posts

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Why is the auto more powerful than the manual.
It says VVTI DI (I think) next to auto, so I assume the engine with the auto is direct injection and the one with the manual isn't, so maybe that explains the difference.

This CTS is going to be a HUGE hit for Cadillac. It's terrific in every way.
Old 07-19-07, 01:56 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

To be really honest...I saw the new CTS in person and was not really impressed. I am actually quite shocked that the car has sold so well into it's last model year considering the interior and several others issues, but congratulations to Cadillac none the less.

The differences in person are barely perceptable. The front end looks slightly different but the grille is really the only thing that looks noticeably new and the sides look a little smoother, the same can be said for the back, and that's about it. Even the wheels are very similar to the current ones.

To be really honest, it looks a lot more like a refresh. Same overall shape and similar shapes on the body, the details are just a little different. Obviously the interior is a whole other ball game and looks from the pictures, to be one of the best in this class. Considering the strong sales of the current car and the improvements, I think it will be another great success for Caddy. I personally am not too impressed however, with the final product. Especially in person.
Old 07-19-07, 01:58 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Also, "premium" paint costs extra, a la BMW?

Old 07-19-07, 04:12 PM
LexFather

I think the pricing is solid and the interior might just be best in class. The front end is striking (SUVish too), but overall, styling is a nice refresh from the first one.

Old 07-19-07, 06:42 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

My GF mother has a 06 CTS and the interior really isn't that bad.. Its not by all means GS standards but Caddy did a ok job.. The instrument cluster and center command center type screen was pretty impressive to me.. The pricing seems to be right on par since last year.. My GF and i looked locally and pricing was in the 32-38k range..
Old 07-20-07, 10:53 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

The exterior is nice. But the interior is class leading this time. Much better than anything in its class.
Old 07-20-07, 12:51 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

geez if you make a decently loaded CTS gonna cost well over 40k, and I thought 500 for nice paint was bad
Old 07-26-07, 12:58 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

From the reviews that I have seen so far, it looks like Cadillac has really pulled out all the stops on this car. Powertrains are solid, transmissions are good, features, chassis sounds good...but I just can't make myself like the CTS. Not that there is anything wrong with the car, and IMO...I'm going to predict this is Motor Trends COTY next year. There don't seem to be any other significant debuts aside from the Accord and Malibu, but I feel like the CTS is going to do very well for Cadillac and really challenge the 3 series stronghold on the market.

I just don't like how it looks. I saw this car in person at the Atlanta Autoshow and I can't help feeling like they could have done more to it and made it appear...well...newer. It looks refreshed from the outside, not completely revamped and redesigned. Perhaps this is because Cadillac's Art and Science design theme effectively limits their ability change shapes or themes, but I just am not impressed with the exterior on the '08 CTS.

To me, this is not really impressive:

It looks like the old car, with a new grill and less body moulding. The wheels even look almost identical to the existing CTS. What gives? I feel like the total redesign of a car should warrant people noticing as much and I don't think the untrained eye will notice the changes. That said, maybe it will look better in other colors, or perhaps Cadillac didn't want to stray from their original formula which obviously proved to be very successful. Personally though, I feel like the exterior is a let down.

Last edited by LexFather; 07-26-07 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-26-07, 01:43 PM
LexFather

I think the CTS is going to be a huge hit. Caddy seems to be serious on being a serious player here.
I always felt the CTS and G35 were like brothers in law. Both came out around the same time, both were RWD and fun, both had **** poor interiors, both had stacked headlights and one was a jellybean, the other a chiseled fridge both did a great job bringing new people to their brands.

Today, both have been revamped and they both did not push the styling envelope and look too similar to the previous model. Interiors on both are improved but the Caddy is on another level. That is a classy interior.

I think as the new G35 has sold well, so will the CTS and we should starting adding it in our monthly sales figures.

Kudos to Caddy, great job!

Old 07-26-07, 07:41 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reasonable pricing. excellent interior, I really like the trick Navi screen.

major problem is the 3.6L's lack of refinment and it guzzles gasoline.
Old 07-26-07, 07:43 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edmunds First Drive: Cadillac CTS

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*

Quick Reply: Cadillac prices new CTS (Edmunds, C&D, MT reviews pg. 2)