Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 Infiniti M45x facelift pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-07, 10:28 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it looks better never really liked the rear on the current style.
Old 07-24-07, 10:46 AM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted this on another site earlier but it fits here too:

Looks and performs like a car that costs 10k less, say, the G35.

This company needs to figure out their nutty line up, aka, entry level vehicles that are faster and nearly indistinguishable from their middle line (to average people) and no flagship. I'm not saying the G and M are bad cars, quite the opposite IMO, but they are too similar and I can't think of any reason to buy an M instead of a G.
Old 07-24-07, 11:01 AM
LexFather

I like the front/rear much better. The rear lights are very similar to what the Toyota Avalon did in its last generation refresh. So to me it looks a lot better. Getting to flipsides point, there is a difference between family resemblence and well the same thing over and over.

Old 07-24-07, 11:04 AM
LetMeShowU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krazykanuk
I posted this on another site earlier but it fits here too:

Looks and performs like a car that costs 10k less, say, the G35.

This company needs to figure out their nutty line up, aka, entry level vehicles that are faster and nearly indistinguishable from their middle line (to average people) and no flagship. I'm not saying the G and M are bad cars, quite the opposite IMO, but they are too similar and I can't think of any reason to buy an M instead of a G.
^^ That statement is almost laughable. Go sit yourself in a G, then go sit yourself in an M and you will see exactly why someone would buy an M over a G

Anyway, the refresh looks great. I liked the way the M looked prior to the refresh as well, but it looks even better now. I still think it's great that Infiniti is offering AWD on the M45.

Honestly though, they really don't need a flagship model higher than the M right now, as the M45 already competes nicely with other sedans in the flagship segment (It has the size, the interior space, and luxury features worthy of a flagship). Still, I agree, another model above the M would be nice and I'm sure within the next year, we'll be hearing more about that.
Old 07-24-07, 11:26 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 07-24-07, 01:02 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like a G35 more than ever now . Family resemblance is one thing, but this is something else when you have two models with almost exactly the same shape headlights and taillights.
Old 07-24-07, 01:27 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 07-24-07, 01:31 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

I dont know what direction they are going in, but it's boring and indistinguishable. I wouldnt pay these vehicles more than a second of notice on the road.
Old 07-24-07, 01:39 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The car looks like it gained some chrome bits.. Looks more like a 45k car now
Old 07-24-07, 01:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LetMeShowU
^^ That statement is almost laughable. Go sit yourself in a G, then go sit yourself in an M and you will see exactly why someone would buy an M over a G

Anyway, the refresh looks great. I liked the way the M looked prior to the refresh as well, but it looks even better now. I still think it's great that Infiniti is offering AWD on the M45.

Honestly though, they really don't need a flagship model higher than the M right now, as the M45 already competes nicely with other sedans in the flagship segment (It has the size, the interior space, and luxury features worthy of a flagship). Still, I agree, another model above the M would be nice and I'm sure within the next year, we'll be hearing more about that.
Not laughable, that is his opinion I agree that offering AWD with the M45 is great.
This car nor any car in this class is a flagship. They are midsize luxury sport sedans. The next class up is true flagship status cars, 7/S/LS. The M45 like the Acura Rl are the best models of the brand, but not A flagship.

Old 07-24-07, 02:02 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Looks like a G35 more than ever now . Family resemblance is one thing, but this is something else when you have two models with almost exactly the same shape headlights and taillights.
If you cant distinguish the two, then there is something wrong. The cars look totally different...they have similar cues but the overall look is completely different
Old 07-24-07, 02:05 PM
S8B
Lead Lap

I like the rear face lift, but not so sure about the front changes.

As far as resemblance, aren't most entry level luxury sedans similar to mid sized luxury sedans?

As for me, the G35 resembles the M just as the 3-series resembles the 5-series, and IS resembles the GS. That's definately not a bad thing. I think its a beneficial approach.

But yet, even though there visual approach are similar, sitting in one is a completely different matter. Just as it should be, they usually tend to feel less sportier yet more luxurious (and larger).

Old 07-24-07, 02:41 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You could say that about the LS and ES or IS and GS. They're basically the same design of the headlights and tailights. But I don't see anything wrong with that, just like I don't see what was wrong with the older generation BMW's (the good looking ones) looking similar to each other. In fact, wasn't that the whole point of L-finesse?
Old 07-24-07, 02:48 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
You could say that about the LS and ES or IS and GS. They're basically the same design of the headlights and tailights. But I don't see anything wrong with that, just like I don't see what was wrong with the older generation BMW's (the good looking ones) looking similar to each other. In fact, wasn't that the whole point of L-finesse?
I agree and people are asking why the M doesn't outperform the G...uh last I looked the IS350 is the fastest in the Lexus lineup

I'd rather have an M over a G anyday but there is a large price difference between the two. I say the M also looks better than every car in its class...seriously, the BMW 5 series is kinda blah and so is the GS IMO. The E-series is probably the only vehicle I think looks better. What i'm really saying is everything looks kinda boring in that class
Old 07-24-07, 02:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jwong77
Again, we are mixing similarities with sameness. I think some people see sameness and some people see similarities. I also think some of the issue is the Altima/Maxima/M35/45 all share similar dimensions. Lexus headlights are pretty different from one another.

IMO, the Lexus models share cues but are more distinctive in apperance. I actually researched BMW's design history since Bangle joined the company in 1992 and found out some interesting things. I made the thread Sunday.
Originally Posted by EZZ
I agree and people are asking why the M doesn't outperform the G...uh last I looked the IS350 is the fastest in the Lexus lineup
(Lexus actually claims the GS 450h is the fastest Lexus, Road and Track happened to get a 4.9 run in the IS 350)
I'd rather have an M over a G anyday but there is a large price difference between the two. I say the M also looks better than every car in its class...seriously, the BMW 5 series is kinda blah and so is the GS IMO. The E-series is probably the only vehicle I think looks better. What i'm really saying is everything looks kinda boring in that class
Automobile magazine just did a review on their M45 long term car. They made multiple comments on the bland styling. To me the 5 and GS are far more interesting to look at. The M35/45 looks like an updated VW Passat and shares a lot with other Nissans. Just my opinion.

Last edited by LexFather; 07-24-07 at 02:57 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti M45x facelift pics