Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota's first NASCAR win!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-07, 03:18 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
They aren't going to get any love from the 'necks cheering for their favorite chevy to win.
So what.
It doesn't matter if they get any redneck love or not. Toyota is a NASCAR player and (with a good driver, of course) has beaten the Fords and Chevies at their own game. Like it or not, that is a fact. If the hicks don't like it, they can go watch what is left of Formula 1.

But....let's see if the Camrys can KEEP pulling it out or if this is just a one-time deal.
Old 08-03-07, 09:49 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Rumour is the LF-A production car will be the pace car at this year's F1 Japanese GP, Toyota win or not. It's also strongly the car and full details and specs will be shown at the Tokyo auto show.
omg i gotta stay up to watch this.
Old 08-03-07, 10:13 AM
VIPLINE
AKA ATSOU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage3
It's been rumored that the LF-A will be launched the same day that Toyota wins its first F1 race next season. I think since then they have backed off the win thing and might just be moving to a solid launch date... like the F1 GP in Japan.
Smart thing to do. If Toyota wait for its first F1 win to launch the LF-A, by that time the fossil fuel will be running out already.

Don't care if Toyota win or lose in NASCAR....it's is boring, with a bunch of ugly race cars bumping & boxing out each other and running in a loop. I watch Formula 1....I'm more sophisticated I guess.