Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

e46 specs and options yes i tried search

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-07, 06:18 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e46 specs and options yes i tried search

Hey guys,

I tried a search and it kept coming up with no answeres (which I find unlikely, like I'm sure mmarshall did a review for example) but here it is.

My friend is getting an e46 m3 (you bet I'm jealous, but I have access to drive it so I'm not AS jealous as I might be) and I'm sure that between everyone on here you guys can help me out with a list of options and what changed when (ie: tail light upgrade etc) as well as exactly what is included in the various packages. We have someone that is going to do the shopping for us across both Canada and the US and we have about a month and a half until he MUST buy a different car.

We had a deposit down on one but the dealership had do go and be highly unethical and they sold it with out even telling us, so now we want to make sure this one is 'perfect'

All your help is really appreciated guys. Thanks
Old 08-08-07, 06:22 PM
kt22cliff
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this site;

http://m3.madrussian.net/

Originally Posted by Faymester
Hey guys,

I tried a search and it kept coming up with no answeres (which I find unlikely, like I'm sure mmarshall did a review for example) but here it is.

My friend is getting an e46 m3 (you bet I'm jealous, but I have access to drive it so I'm not AS jealous as I might be) and I'm sure that between everyone on here you guys can help me out with a list of options and what changed when (ie: tail light upgrade etc) as well as exactly what is included in the various packages. We have someone that is going to do the shopping for us across both Canada and the US and we have about a month and a half until he MUST buy a different car.

We had a deposit down on one but the dealership had do go and be highly unethical and they sold it with out even telling us, so now we want to make sure this one is 'perfect'

All your help is really appreciated guys. Thanks
Old 08-08-07, 06:28 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

dude thanks ... this is EXACTLY what I wanted

and so fast ... gotta love CL

... only thing I don't see is what options are uncluded in what package (ie. cold weather package). Anybody happen to know what is included in what package? thx again

Last edited by Faymester; 08-08-07 at 08:32 PM. Reason: package help
Old 08-08-07, 09:08 PM
AzNMpower
Lead Lap

The BMW M3 got the LED taillights in mid-2003 I believe, or as BMW drivers like to call it the 2003.5 M3.

Cold weather package includes 3-way heated front seats, headlamp washers, and a ski bag.

Bi-xenons, Harmon/Kardon premium sound, 19" wheels (which make the car perform worse on the track), Bluetooth, and SMG were all stand alone options on the coupe and cabrio. Moonroof and full leather were options on the coupe. Leather came standard on the cabrio along with a power top. Later on in 2005, the Competition Package came for the coupe.
Old 08-08-07, 10:12 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

yay thx u guys r helping

anyone know whats in the premium package?
Old 08-09-07, 06:09 AM
AzNMpower
Lead Lap

I'm guessing Premium has:

8-way front power seats (3 memory settings for driver), 4-way lumbar support, BMW Assist, moonroof, Nappa leather, and auto-dimming rearview mirror.

To add to the options list I mentioned above, you can get adjustable seat width., but it requires leather I believe.

I actually have the '03 M brochure but it's not on hand at the moment