Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MORE Honda Accord coupe spy shots

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 06:23 AM
iobidder
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AM1
not bad and better then the solara.
Is that even in question?
Old 08-16-07, 08:54 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
-2 four cylinders will be available.

2.4 L, IVTEC 177 HP
190 HP engine

-The V6 is from the same engine family as the last the Accord but is now 3.5L SOHC. It has; IVTEC, VCM, and it makes 268hp. The VCM has now improved, it can go from 6 cylinders to 4 cylinders to 3 cylinders. Coupe will have different engine later.

-Accord will now be classified as a large car. Rear leg room has improved by a large amount.

-It will have a stiffer suspension and coupes will come with 18inch wheels. A first for a production Honda.

-It will have 700 voice commands, and bluetooth w/navigation system (same system as the RL)

- Will have active steering.

- Honda used alot more high strength steel 48% vs 36% resulting in a super stiff structure.

-No more DX or VP model, there are two different LX models, LX and LX-P, LX-P adds Driver side 8 way pw seats, 16" alloy wheels, Chrome exhaust finisher, security system, illuminated pw win switches.

-VSA, Active head restraint, 4 wheel disk brakes with EBD, Dual Chamber side airbags, TPMS, ACE Body Structure, ABS, DRL standard on all models.

Source: Vtec.net forum
Wow, so the Accord sedan is in the Large Car class now! Does that mean it will be compared to the Avalon, etc...? JP Thats good info 1sick, this will be 1 of the safest midsize/ large cars around. This car will raise the bar for this segment(midsize or large lol).

Last edited by JAC JZS; 08-16-07 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-16-07, 08:56 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by JAC JZS
Wow, so the Accord is in the Large Car class now! Does that mean it will be compared to the Avalon, etc...? JP Thats good info 1sick, this will be 1 of the safest midsize/ large cars around. This car will raise the bar for this segment(midsize or large lol).
On paper, this new Accord seems to be so good, it makes the entire Acura sedan lineup redundant. This car for all intents and purposes, in sedan mode, might be THE best all around car for the money.

Old 08-16-07, 09:05 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

On paper, this new Accord seems to be so good, it makes the entire Acura sedan lineup redundant. This car for all intents and purposes, in sedan mode, might be THE best all around car for the money.
You are 100% correct. Acura really needs to improve their next gen sedans if they dont want to be outdone by this Accord/ still want to sell sedans lol.
Old 08-16-07, 01:11 PM
iobidder
Pole Position

That can be said for a lot of automakers
Old 08-16-07, 01:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by iobidder
That can be said for a lot of automakers
ORLY.
A camry can replace pretty much every Lexus?
A Malibu can replace all Caddys?
A Passat can replace all Audis?

Please, do explain?

Old 08-16-07, 01:57 PM
LexFather

http://themagsreport.blogspot.....html

Abuse me if this has been posted already.

*edit 2- more and full size pics at link.

Interior looks FANTASTIC!!

Old 08-16-07, 02:07 PM
iobidder
Pole Position

ORLY.
A camry can replace pretty much every Lexus?
A Malibu can replace all Caddys?
A Passat can replace all Audis?

Please, do explain?
Now you know your post is a bit of an exaggeration. Therefore, I need not to reply, unless you want me to break it down for you.
Old 08-16-07, 02:11 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I still hate the steering wheel, but the interior is improved from the 7th gen accord.
Old 08-16-07, 02:14 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

so i really don't mind driving a fwd with a powerful v6 and 6spd manual tranny especially if it's from honda. I think this is going to be my renewed guilty pleasure. I've always wanted a 2001 Accord coupe 5spd back when I was still invincible.
Old 08-16-07, 02:29 PM
LexFather

Exclamation

Now you know your post is a bit of an exaggeration. Therefore, I need not to reply, unless you want me to break it down for you.
Look kiddo you said "that can be said about a lot of carmakers" and well I post not really and point at some examples and now you don't want to reply?

I would not, if I was you. Unless you want to get served.

Old 08-16-07, 04:53 PM
iobidder
Pole Position

Look kiddo you said "that can be said about a lot of carmakers" and well I post not really and point at some examples and now you don't want to reply?

I would not, if I was you. Unless you want to get served.

Tisk Tisk, I thought instigating was against the rules especially from a person with your internet stature as a Super Moderator, and second you have no clue how old I am so the "kiddo" is not warranted, but thanks.

Now back onto the original topic. There are a lot of cars that make there luxury version almost redundant. Murano and FX, Maxima-Altima to G35, Nissan could not do more whoring of the 3.5L motor. Avalon to Lexus ES, Magnum to 300c I think you get the picture, of course I am talking about fully loaded models. So your comparision lacks true originality!
Old 08-16-07, 05:04 PM
LexFather

Tisk Tisk, I thought instigating was against the rules especially from a person with your internet stature as a Super Moderator, and second you have no clue how old I am so the "kiddo" is not warranted, but thanks.

Now back onto the original topic. There are a lot of cars that make there luxury version almost redundant. Murano and FX, Maxima-Altima to G35, Nissan could not do more whoring of the 3.5L motor. Avalon to Lexus ES, Magnum to 300c I think you get the picture, of course I am talking about fully loaded models. So your comparision lacks true originality!

Just kidding.
You make decent points but the G35 and M35/45 outside of looks, do differentiate themselves from the Altima and Maxima. Much better interiors. More features and options. RWD and V-8s. AWD V-8s now.

With the Avalon, I'll give you the ES 350. Lets say its as good as that. It sure can't replace the IS, or GS or LS. No way. The IS is much too sporty, the GS is sportier and offers a hybrid, the Avalon can't touch the LS. The Lexus badge says tons more than Toyota.

With this new Accord, its FWD, it will have a I-4 and V-6 like Acuras. Its styling will be just as bland (outside the TL, that looks fantastic). They all have okay leather, they all have HID, good interiors, etc. The RL is based on an Accord, its FWD bias with its SH-AWD. The Accord has just as much power and the same engine as well. Acura doesn't say much more than Honda.

I find the Accord too good (no wonder 20 time 10 best winner). Looking at what it will offer, it will be fantastic.

Old 08-16-07, 05:25 PM
iobidder
Pole Position

No problem...

But did you just say the Accord has the same power as the RL, and they are based on one another? The RL chassis I believe is one of its own. Also, power wise, the new TL-S is the 3.5L RL motor. I own a 7th generation Accord Coupe, and I look at this interior versus mine, and all I can say it is a huge improvement! I want to see this thing dropped!
Old 08-16-07, 05:27 PM
tytgs300
Lead Lap

that si civic looks kinda cool

Quick Reply: MORE Honda Accord coupe spy shots