Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MORE Honda Accord coupe spy shots

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 05:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by iobidder
No problem...

But did you just say the Accord has the same power as the RL, and they are based on one another? The RL chassis I believe is one of its own. Also, power wise, the new TL-S is the 3.5L RL motor. I own a 7th generation Accord Coupe, and I look at this interior versus mine, and all I can say it is a huge improvement! I want to see this thing dropped!
RL is based on the global Accord platform. I have always been impressed with Accord (and for the most part Honda/Acura) interiors and especially ergonomics. I find the current Accord interior outstanding.

Old 08-16-07, 06:54 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
RL is based on the global Accord platform. I have always been impressed with Accord (and for the most part Honda/Acura) interiors and especially ergonomics. I find the current Accord interior outstanding.
Correct. My one little pet peeve if you will is that the Honda Global Platform is not called the "Accord" Global Platform. It was a chassis designed to be ultra flexible so the engineers could easily modify it to fit whatever needs. The Accord simply was the very first car to use the Honda Global Platform. That said, being that the RL chassis is all aluminum, even if it is off the same global platform as the Accord, to think of them as anywhere near being the same chassis is a bit of a stretch IMHO. For me, all this chassis sharing is okay. As long is the chassis works its all good. I personally rather see every one do it to save manufacturing costs and then pass those savings on to the customer, or add more standard options into the car itself.
Old 08-16-07, 09:49 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I really like the interior, which looks like Honda put alot of effort into. Looks sporty and high tech and will surely have high quality materials.
Old 08-17-07, 12:43 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The interior is a big hit and miss after seeing those clear pics. While I like the interior mostly, I hate the styling lines of the dash. If the dash was styled differently, IMO that interior would have been best-in-class no question.
Old 08-17-07, 02:05 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
The interior is a big hit and miss after seeing those clear pics. While I like the interior mostly, I hate the styling lines of the dash. If the dash was styled differently, IMO that interior would have been best-in-class no question.
I see that same trend with every new car that comes out now days. Everyone always gets so much right be a few things wrong. Most of it I can live with though.
Old 08-20-07, 11:39 AM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty sure that is the Acura TL not the Accord. The tape on the back emblem looks like an Acura symbol too.