Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

crashed my 95 legend, what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 02:08 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Blavatsky
Get another legend, you can find a decent one for under 6k I'm sure.
Only people who have owned a legend will understand; it's an easy car to get attached to.
i have never owned a legand, but i know wat u mean. my uncle has had one along with a vigor and an accord, and he loves and loved those cars to death
Old 08-16-07, 03:00 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, it had a good run. And yeah, you could get another Legend, they're a dime a dozen around here. I actually dont care for them much myself, but thats just my opinion. Too noisy and burly for my liking. My buddy would prolly take your heated seats.
Old 08-17-07, 07:46 PM
ThiZZicS
Driver School Candidate

Talking fixin the 95 Legend MYSELF with Friends HELP!!! YEY!!!

DAY 1 of fixing the 95 LEGEND!!! i got it towed to my friends shop.

Parts removed on day 1: passenger fender, hood, radiator, head lights R/L, hopefully my ac condenser is fine, so far it looks fine. The bar that holds the condenser and radiator is going to be used! im looking forward to spending the least amount of money to fix it, considering im doing all the labor and my buddy tells me what to do and helps me out when im stuck. Its a great learning experience! never thought i would be working on my own car, but i aM! Im gettin the legend a 1st class ticket to its resurrection mayn!!! its coming back to LYFE!!! ill post pics up as we progress with the LEGEND!!! Doctor at work
Old 08-18-07, 02:27 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ThiZZicS
DAY 1 of fixing the 95 LEGEND!!! i got it towed to my friends shop.

Parts removed on day 1: passenger fender, hood, radiator, head lights R/L, hopefully my ac condenser is fine, so far it looks fine. The bar that holds the condenser and radiator is going to be used! im looking forward to spending the least amount of money to fix it, considering im doing all the labor and my buddy tells me what to do and helps me out when im stuck. Its a great learning experience! never thought i would be working on my own car, but i aM! Im gettin the legend a 1st class ticket to its resurrection mayn!!! its coming back to LYFE!!! ill post pics up as we progress with the LEGEND!!! Doctor at work

It is easily fixable. The only problem would have been the cost to fix, but since you are doing it yourself with the help of a body shop friend that should significantly cut your cost down. Through insurance I would have guess 4-5K, but by yourself using used parts if you can I would guess $1500-$2000 tops.

The Legend structure is rock solid. On my 93 LS Coupe 6-Speed I was rear ended dead square pushing me into the front car. Total was 8K in damage, Nothing major, but all cosmetic parts. New hood, new latch, new headlights, new hood hinges, new rear trunk, new bumper covers all the easily replaceable parts as well as some pulling here and there. Since I was rear ended on the freeway I though I might have frame damage but I didn't. I took the opportunity to do a complete 94-95 update conversion and the car came back looking better than ever.

My 95 Legend Coupe was rear ended twice. Both times not a scratch on the frame and the original bumper cover was able to be plastic repaired and repainted.
Old 08-18-07, 01:03 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

I still have my legend, it's not in great shape but i will never sell it.
-hass