Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

crashed my 95 legend, what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-07, 01:27 PM
ThiZZicS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy crashed my 95 legend, what should i do?

owner of 3 lexos, and an infinity, but the Acura Legend had my heart since the day i bought it, many memories (very sentimental). Here are 2 pictures.

<br>
<br>
I'm not sure if i should fix it with one of my friends who has a mechanic shop, or to junk it. I would like to get some money out of this, any suggestions?

411: 160,000 miles, 1995 Legend LS, fully loaded! heated seats, the works!
Old 08-15-07, 03:05 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Well since you own several Lexus cars, i'll assume that money is not exactly tight.

Don't fix the car, you will never be satisfied with it again. If you really love the car, fin another like it that is free from prior damage.
Old 08-15-07, 03:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,335 Likes on 1,422 Posts

Moved to the Car Chat forum since the post topic does not have any LS430 content
Old 08-15-07, 03:08 PM
LexFather

Very sad, the Legend is a Legend!! They can fix anything nowadays but it might cost more to fix than its worth.

Old 08-15-07, 03:22 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have funds, and you said you have a lot of memories with it, keep it. it wasn't so much damage. I am an insurance agent, and know a lot of body shops. Too bad you are in Cali, or I can ask my guys to fix it under 2K.
Old 08-15-07, 04:00 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Ah yes, the legend. I know what you mean by the car being special. My previous 92 legend still holds a special place in me. I was really really really when my car was totaled. If my GS was hit today, I wouldn't feel much for it, but the legend was different.

But the car is probably totaled. The radiator frame support is bent. To replace it, they'll need to cut it out and reweld it. Definitely not what you want. Look for a new legend my friend. 95 LS coupe 6spd blk/blk that is
Old 08-15-07, 05:23 PM
ThiZZicS
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the suggestions!!! this is actually the 3rd accident in the car... 1st time the driver side was smashed in cuz some idiot didnt know what a red light meant (idiots fault)....2nd this lady didnt yeild so i crashed in to her (her fault)...i rear ended a buick enclave which drove off with a few scratches on his bumber!! so sad! it ate my car alive!!! i think this might b my fault, even tho i tried to blame it on him by saying he cut me off jumped in my lane n stomped on the breaks! insurance guy says yeah sounds like your at fault, but hes gonna do what he can (which i doubt)...btw that buick was a rental from hertz rental car! the driver lives in norwaay, and was on his way to the airport.....AHHHHHHH i dont knowww what to dooo
Old 08-15-07, 05:40 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you rear ended someone ( and appreancely you did ), it IS your fault, even the car in front stopped on purpose. With your damage area and if no police report to prove, you are 100% at fault.
Old 08-15-07, 05:46 PM
ThiZZicS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blacksc400
If you rear ended someone ( and appreancely you did ), it IS your fault, even the car in front stopped on purpose. With your damage area and if no police report to prove, you are 100% at fault.
yeah, your right.......oh well time to move on with the 00's, once again thxz blacksc400
Old 08-15-07, 05:47 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

car at the back always gets blamed even if the front guy did something completely moronic for no reason ... so good luck with that part

as far as what to do w. the car: depends how attached to that particular car u r ... there are 2 cars in my garage rite now, if one of them had tha much damage i'd say 'oh well' becuase i LIKE the car but i'm not attached to that particular one. The other car, I would fix it reguardless because it's not that type of car i'm attached to ... it's that specific particular collection of metal/plastic/leather/etc. *this coming from the econ major* it may not be financially sound to fix it but if the value, enjoyment & feeling wise, you get from the car is equal to or greater than the $ to fix it ... u should fix it and keep it
Old 08-15-07, 08:15 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I miss my Legend....had 220k miles but was still running really strong! I wish I could buy another one in good condition. I really really enjoyed driving that car for some reason.
Old 08-16-07, 12:01 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ThiZZicS
this is actually the 3rd accident in the car...

AHHHHHHH i dont knowww what to dooo
Me personally, I would dump the car if it's been hit at least 3 times....just bad luck. Speaking from experience with my old corolla that had 5 different damages

If it was a coupe, that would make a harder decision. Since it's a sedan, I would sell it.
Old 08-16-07, 08:04 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it would be time to move on...
Old 08-16-07, 10:15 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

move on, thats a very old car, and it's not a collector's car...
Old 08-16-07, 10:45 AM
Blavatsky
Pole Position

Get another legend, you can find a decent one for under 6k I'm sure.
Only people who have owned a legend will understand; it's an easy car to get attached to.

Quick Reply: crashed my 95 legend, what should i do?