Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What is the most important item to have in a car?
Tissue
9.71%
Gum
5.71%
Pen and paper
12.00%
First aid kit
6.86%
Flashlight
12.57%
A gun
21.14%
Tools
13.14%
Other [explain]
18.86%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

What is the most important item to have in a car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-08, 03:13 AM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Gun. It can get you any of those other items.
Old 07-11-08, 05:19 AM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silvervett
Not to be picky but most handguns do not use clips, the gun that I carry shown in the picture uses a clip as well as the WW2 M1 Garrand, but your gun does not use a clip.
Clip, magazine, same thing to me.
Old 07-11-08, 11:10 AM
silvervett
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PetesLS400
Clip, magazine, same thing to me.
Nope they are two different things, it's like saying an engine [ICE] and motor [electric] are the same thing. What about a wheel and a tire are they the same thing, some people use the term interchangeably? Clip is popular because TV and movie script writers that don't know the diffrence between and automatic and semi automatic or a revolver from a semi auto pistol use the term to sound cool. Some 9mm and .45 ACP revolvers use clips but semi autos don't. I am not trying to give you a hard time, I am just pointing it out because if you use the term around people that are knowledgeable about guns they consider you to be poser wanna be. The same is true if you say 12 gauge shotgun double 0 [pronounced it as zero , or pronounced oh] instead of the correct double-ought

Last edited by silvervett; 07-11-08 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-11-08, 02:08 PM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

Nope they are two different things, it's like saying an engine [ICE] and motor [electric] are the same thing. What about a wheel and a tire are they the same thing, some people use the term interchangeably? Clip is popular because TV and movie script writers that don't know the diffrence between and automatic and semi automatic or a revolver from a semi auto pistol use the term to sound cool. Some 9mm and .45 ACP revolvers use clips but semi autos don't. I am not trying to give you a hard time, I am just pointing it out because if you use the term around people that are knowledgeable about guns they consider you to be poser wanna be. The same is true if you say 12 gauge shotgun double 0 [pronounced it as zero , or pronounced oh] instead of the correct double-ought
Thanks for the info, makes sense.

At the same time, I'm the last guy to worry about what others think of me
Old 07-11-08, 03:20 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info, makes sense.

At the same time, I'm the last guy to worry about what others think of me
I meant no disrespect toward you in any way, I just wanted save you from making a gun store faux pas. I have been a cop for 20 years and around guns for most of my life and gun people have way of reacting diffrent toward people that don't seem to be one of them. They will sell a gun to anyone with a clear record, but will go out of thier way for someone that is "one of them". It is probably true with other things, for instance if you went into a tennis shop and mentioned a score of 40 to zero instead of 40 - love you would get the same reaction and treatment. All sports and pass times have their special terms that seperate the knowledgeable from the noobie
Old 07-11-08, 04:50 PM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

I meant no disrespect toward you in any way, I just wanted save you from making a gun store faux pas. I have been a cop for 20 years and around guns for most of my life and gun people have way of reacting diffrent toward people that don't seem to be one of them. They will sell a gun to anyone with a clear record, but will go out of thier way for someone that is "one of them". It is probably true with other things, for instance if you went into a tennis shop and mentioned a score of 40 to zero instead of 40 - love you would get the same reaction and treatment. All sports and pass times have their special terms that seperate the knowledgeable from the noobie
No disrespect taken.

Youre right, unfortunately thats how our world operates, I try to be different. I've been body building for many years now and still help out the noobie when I see one at the gym, how else are they gonna learn. No sense in pounding them down more.

Thanks for your service!! I have a couple friends that are Chicago cops and local suburb cops as well as a county Sheriff.

My Ruger P95DC 9mm, Springfield Armory XD45 and Rock River lower with a CMMG upper AR15.

Last edited by PetesLS400; 07-11-08 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-11-08, 05:18 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

No disrespect taken.

Youre right, unfortunately thats how our world operates, I try to be different. I've been body building for many years now and still help out the noobie when I see one at the gym, how else are they gonna learn. No sense in pounding them down more.

Thanks for your service!! I have a couple friends that are Chicago cops and local suburb cops as well as a county Sheriff.

My Ruger P95DC 9mm, Springfield Armory XD45 and Rock River lower with a CMMG upper AR15.

PS I don't own one of those evil assault weapons yet, I am making it a top priority to get one before the next election and we wind up with having another assault weapons ban.

I have always wanted a Thompson full auto machine gun, and now that I no longer live in NY state I want to get one before they pass more laws making the harder to get, Unfortunately prices start at around $15,000 to $18,000 and can go to well over $50,000

Last edited by silvervett; 07-11-08 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-11-08, 08:49 PM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

PS I don't own one of those evil assault weapons yet, I am making it a top priority to get one before the next election and we wind up with having another assault weapons ban.

I have always wanted a Thompson full auto machine gun, and now that I no longer live in NY state I want to get one before they pass more laws making the harder to get, Unfortunately prices start at around $15,000 to $18,000 and can go to well over $50,000

Full auto is fun but eats up costly ammo too quick

I know 2 people with Thompsons, not full auto though.

I just picked up my assault weapon a couple months ago, also wanted to make sure I get my hands on a AR15 which I always wanted before Obama does something about it.
Old 07-11-08, 10:51 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

water bottle for urine.