Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official 2008 Accord Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-07, 11:02 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all new cars do.. the Camry, MINI etc have higher hoods.

bitkahuna, the picture of the grey Accord is taken at a slightly lower angle.. that might also play a role.
Old 08-22-07, 12:13 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess I am in the minority here but I think that sedan is ugly and the coupe looks a bit 3 Series(ish) and a bit too much at that for my taste. It's also interesting to see that another 5 speed auto is in use and not a 6 speed.
Old 08-22-07, 03:45 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool 5 vs 6

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
I guess I am in the minority here but I think that sedan is ugly and the coupe looks a bit 3 Series(ish) and a bit too much at that for my taste. It's also interesting to see that another 5 speed auto is in use and not a 6 speed.
I am pretty sure Honda remembers all the problems w/ their 5 speed introduction; couple that w/ Toyota's initial problems with their 6 speed & that is probably enough to make them very cautious before introducing their newest transmission.
Old 08-22-07, 03:52 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
It's also interesting to see that another 5 speed auto is in use and not a 6 speed.
Kind of makes it impressive as well. Same MPG as the 6-Speed Camry. Imagine if Honda does put a 6-Speed in the Accord next year or 2 years from now. MPG will raise a bit as well.
Old 08-22-07, 07:46 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sedan exterior simply doesn't work for me because it's a hybrid of too many different design themes (mostly those we've seen before in other makes) brought together without any sort of cohesiveness. My opinion, anyway.

Honda did have it's own styling language once upon a time and it's amazing that in their attempt to do something more daring they did something really conservative which is, borrow from things tried and true form other designs. Hyundai gets really taken to task for doing this. Honda shouldn't get a free pass.
Old 08-22-07, 08:16 AM
LexFather

bit, i doubt its Euro design b/c the USDM Accord is not sold in Europe, the TSX is. Not sure what all this debate is about, Honda just makes ugly cars and SUVs and they continue to sell.

The Accord has been ugly the last 3 generations. THe coupe looks better, I like the doors back to the rear. THe front looks ridiculous.

It will continue to sell in droves.

Old 08-22-07, 08:52 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

It's a shame the production car never looks as good as the concept car.

Is it really that hard to put into production? Why must it be uglified for production?
Old 08-22-07, 11:00 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,650 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
It's a shame the production car never looks as good as the concept car.

Is it really that hard to put into production? Why must it be uglified for production?
Government regulations and making it affordable have a lot to do with it.
Old 08-22-07, 11:52 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

08 Honda Accord

However, it should drive as good as the current model.
Old 08-23-07, 12:13 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

What?!! Does my eyes decieve me or is Hyundai and Kia starting to look better than this??

Oh, the interior does look very nice but does it feel nice? The last time I sat in a new Honda - the interior "looked" nice but did not have the comfort level as well as a Lexus..

Last edited by 1QWKGS4; 08-23-07 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-23-07, 01:39 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
The last time I sat in a new Honda - the interior "looked" nice but did not have the comfort level as well as a Lexus..
It shouldn't because a Honda isn't on the same playing field as a Lexus

Remember, the root of this accord is an economy car. It's a basic car (well the platform is) for the basic people who want to get from point A to point B. Majority of the accords are sold with cloth seat in LX form. It's not suppose to compete with lexus, period.
Old 08-23-07, 09:46 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
It shouldn't because a Honda isn't on the same playing field as a Lexus

Remember, the root of this accord is an economy car. It's a basic car (well the platform is) for the basic people who want to get from point A to point B. Majority of the accords are sold with cloth seat in LX form. It's not suppose to compete with lexus, period.
I know that Lexus is a luxury brand and Honda a Economy brand, I know, I traded my (V-8) 4-runner for Honda Pilot.. Its just that Honda try so hard to "Look" Luxurious as Lexus but do not have the same quality material as Lexus or other luxury brands. I do know the difference between brands - its just riduculous how they market their cars - as pertaining to this new accord. The last time, I brought my Pilot into service - I want to check out how the Accords were progressing, went and sat in one and everything "looks" nice and the feel is OK but after a minute started noticing the seat was a hard compared to my almost 9 year old GS 400 and '06 G35.. wow what a difference.. My Honda Pilot is better than the Accord as in comfort but ofcourse not better than the Luxury brands.. Its just my opinion - is it the marketing goal to "fool" customers with lower budgets to thinK - they're driving a Lexus for half the price..?? I've met people who literally think theres no differentiation between Lexus & Honda.. and that Lexus was an overpriced Toyota and a waste of money.. To me, I beg to differ as alot of people don't understand the issue of quality and comfort.. I have own an Accord in the past - and anyone who has owned one and has taken it on a long trip, will tell you - those seats get really hard after a 100 miles. Anyways, its just my observation their marketing tool is getting better as they can attract Luxury customers with their so "NICE" Interiors but I'll almost bet the new Accord's comfort is the same as its always been - "Hard" with a really nice Luxuriously looking interior.. Kind of of an Oxymoron if you ask me.. But you get what you pay for..
Old 08-23-07, 09:38 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twins?

Old 08-23-07, 09:41 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like a ridgeline and a sebring got busy
Old 08-23-07, 11:13 PM
5sp4banger