Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official 2008 Accord Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-07, 09:52 PM
LexFather

Exclamation Official 2008 Accord Pictures

http://www.cheersandgears.com/...19311

Usual wonderful Accord interior. Usual ugly exterior. Will sell in droves.

Old 08-20-07, 09:52 PM
LexFather

Old 08-20-07, 10:01 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That interior looks class-leading, better than the Camry. Hopefully Toyota is going to improve the quality of the Camry interior by the next-gen model.

Powertrain press release:
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=702520

General press release:
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=702483

The powertrains are class-leading too and beat the Camry as well. 177 or 190 2.4L 4 cyl engines that both get 22/31 2008 EPA beating the Camry 2.4L in both power and economy. The V6 Accord in the sedan is really slick as it can run on 6, 4, or 3 cylinders. Fuel economy is 19/29 for Accord V6 5 speed auto, beating the Camry V6.

Some good competition for the Camry from an engineering standpoint. Styling of course will be debated.

Altima I won't even mention in terms of fuel economy, as the Accord easily beats it. Handling and performance should match the Altima, but with better quality, more refinement and a better interior.
Old 08-20-07, 10:04 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mmm.. love the sedan's interior. The wood trim actually looks good for once. The sedan's steering wheel is better executed IMO than the coupe's. Also, the traditional Accord black wheel, shifter and handbrake continue.

The nav screen is in a good location. It seems far enough that, similar to the Echo/Yaris centre meter (i.e. centre mounted gauges), it's reduces the time needed for the driver to retrieve the info from the screen.
Old 08-20-07, 10:14 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

I don't understand why Honda has to keep making the Accord look not only bland, but bland and ugly at the same time. I was walking past an Acura TL on the way to the gym today and I noticed that it's a pretty nice looking design. The last gen TL was decent looking as well. Why not style the Accord as nicely as the TL? It's not like it costs any more to style a car properly from the beginning. It's almost like Honda purposefully makes the accord look bad so the Acura version has room for improvement
Old 08-20-07, 10:17 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm reading through the overview and some of the stuff that's "new to the Accord" already has been around in the Camry for a while.. stuff like auto-dimming mirror, 17" wheels, RDS, compass and power driver's lumbar support.

However, what's interesting is VGRS.... so far Toyota has kept VGRS to Lexus only...
Old 08-20-07, 10:29 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by thetopdog
I don't understand why Honda has to keep making the Accord look not only bland, but bland and ugly at the same time. I was walking past an Acura TL on the way to the gym today and I noticed that it's a pretty nice looking design. The last gen TL was decent looking as well. Why not style the Accord as nicely as the TL? It's not like it costs any more to style a car properly from the beginning. It's almost like Honda purposefully makes the accord look bad so the Acura version has room for improvement
If they style the accord like the TL, then who will buy the TL?

The interior is outstanding (minus steering wheel). Exterior is meh, but it could grow on me.

These V6 Camry, Accord, etc almost have as much horsepower as my GS400. How technology progresses..

Honda still hasn't gotten a 6spd auto tranny out yet, while the Camry V6 already has one.
Old 08-20-07, 10:36 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow, that is incredibly BORING (both models). I actually dont like the interior either (cant describe it, but it looks absolutely ridiculous). The previous generations interior was the best IMO.

This car seems to get worse (design-wise ) with every generation.
Old 08-20-07, 10:37 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, just like the G35 I actually like the Sedan better than the Coupe from a styling point. I'm a Coupe guy, but the back end of the Accord looks short and chopped. Maybe it is just the pictures. The interior looks very nice for its class. The Camry exterior is nicer though.
Old 08-20-07, 10:42 PM
9520G
Lead Lap

Honda is really loosing it with the accord. What a shame there is no way it can compete with the camry.
Old 08-20-07, 10:49 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

22/ 31 on the 4cyl. is impressive for a Large car. Thats 26.5 combined, only 4mpg less than my civic and its classified as a sub-compact(due to the small trunk.. otherwise would be compact) The sedan w/ the coupe grill will look hawt all around and MUCH better than the current TL imo as I never really like the TL styling or the TSX for that matter(RL looks pretty good). The '09 clean-diesel Accord will be sweet

Last edited by JAC JZS; 08-20-07 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-20-07, 10:58 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

the inside looks like a odyssey the outside looks more and more american in deisgn
Old 08-20-07, 11:02 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 9520G
. What a shame there is no way it can compete with the camry.
In what ways? Honda and Toyota both sell about the same amount of Camry/Accord (excluding fleet sales). The accord has a higher rating fuel economy and makes more power (4cyl vs 4cyl). Both the camry and accord's V6 make the same peak power, but honda manages to squeeze out 1mpg better on the highway using a 5spd auto vs the camry's 6spd auto. All that while the Accord is still using the J-series engine platform (first showed up in 1995 as a 1996 model) while the camry uses Toyota's new engine platform.

Both Camry and Accord has always sold like hotcakes. They'll sell because of reputation alone, no matter how bland both cars can look.
Old 08-20-07, 11:04 PM
9520G
Lead Lap

Yes Gsteg every thing you stated is true but looks also play a role and that is something the accord does not have.
Old 08-20-07, 11:44 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Actually, I think the accord sedan and coupes are a MAJOR upgrade from the previous generation. (For example, the rear tail lights...way better than those odd looking ones from the previous gen) I also like the new, interior..looks more luxurious and hahah like the bmw 5/7 series.
I'd buy it
The camry looks bland to me, and the quality doesn't seem as good as the new accord.
Just my opinion though

Quick Reply: Official 2008 Accord Pictures