Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I hate the chrysler 300

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-07, 07:16 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMFAO!!!! +1 for this thread!
Old 08-22-07, 07:18 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I agree with you on the Taurus/Sable (formerly the Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego), especially now that they have dumped the questionable-durability CVT transmission on the AWD models and the underpowered 203 HP V6 on all models. They are roomy, well-built, well-finished, and pleasant to drive. And unlike the strictly FWD Toyota Avalon, Hyundai Azera, and Buick Lucerne that they compete against, they still offer AWD models.....and the wagon/liftback Ford Freestyle version.
Thats right, I forgot the Sable/ Taurus also have the option of AWD, another plus in the versatility department.
Old 08-22-07, 07:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by JAC JZS
Funny enough I like the '05-'07 Ford Five-Hundred MUCH better than the '05-'07 Montego(looks-wise) BUT it has now reversed as I think the '08 Taurus looks like an oversized Fusion which is NOT good lol. Many reviewers have said(and I agree with them) that the Five-Hundred looks a little like an oversized Audi A6...
Maybe so, but it is not as sporty as an A6.....and much less expensive. An A6, of course, will give you the German Eurofeel, and, like the Sable, Quattro AWD, but for all-around driving, the new Taurus and Sable are excellent buys. I rate them among the top five domestics in value for the dollar.
Old 08-22-07, 07:28 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Maybe so, but it is not as sporty as an A6.....and much less expensive. An A6, of course, will give you the German Eurofeel, and, like the Sable, Quattro AWD, but for all-around driving, the new Taurus and Sable are excellent buys. I rate them among the top five domestics in value for the dollar.
Audi A6 is better all around just noting the slight resemblance of the profile

Last edited by JAC JZS; 08-22-07 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-22-07, 07:39 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few weeks ago when I was on vacation in florida, I was behind a bentley continental on the right and a 300 on the left. Honestly, as much i as i'd like to think i know about cars, It was truly hard to tell. the emblems even look similiar ( 300's have longer wings)
Old 08-23-07, 12:07 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the 300 (except the cheap interior) but if I were spending my $$, I will buy something else.
Old 08-23-07, 01:01 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally wouldn't buy the 300C or Magnum just because they are not my style, but I have a few friends with the Magnum all fixed up and they are hot cars. I love the retro style. If I were into cheap HP and the Muscle car image I might buy one. I've seen some really nice 300Cs and Magnums at the car shows. Those cars can look really cool. I guess it is an age thing though. I was growing up at the tail end of the Muscle car era. In HS our dream cars were Camaro Iroc Z28s. The import car scene was just starting off. with fixed up Hondas and mini trucks. I still have a love for those Muscle cars.
Old 08-23-07, 01:04 AM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't have a problem with the car itself but the attitudes of those who drive them.
Old 08-23-07, 03:55 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Yes they are all over down here too and they all think they are driving a bentley. I had one guy who had 22s on his ask me how big my wheels were and when I told him 20s he laughed, and said "noone does 20s anymore". I just laughed at him and walked away, because someone like that will never get a car that is classy, they only look for bigger wheels and how much extra cheap chrome stick on things they can add to their car
Old 08-23-07, 04:05 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Yes they are all over down here too and they all think they are driving a bentley. I had one guy who had 22s on his ask me how big my wheels were and when I told him 20s he laughed, and said "noone does 20s anymore". I just laughed at him and walked away, because someone like that will never get a car that is classy, they only look for bigger wheels and how much extra cheap chrome stick on things they can add to their car
I have to admit though. The 300 and Magnum look perfect with 22" rims. Kind of like how a body kitted GS looks perfect with 20" rims. The body style of those cars lend itself well to 22" rims. Now, I wont coment on the style of rims some of these guys put on though
Old 08-23-07, 04:26 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JAC JZS
I dont hate the Chrysler 300 but when it comes to Full-size cars I would prefer the Avalon. BUT if i were to go with a Large domestic it would be the '08 Sable. Its more reliable, safer(rated Top level by both IIHS AND NHSTA) and better looking imo...
IMO opinion that isn't half as good looking as the 300. I nearly bought a 300CRD with the Mercedes diesel engine a couple of years ago because it was so different from anything else on UK roads (OK - perhaps the odd Bentley). I like it because the styling is unashamedly American - and none the worse for it. Too many US cars ape Japanese or Euro styling instead of being bold and true to their design heritage.
Old 08-23-07, 05:03 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
And....above that, I wonder what those big 22's and rubber-band tires are doing to his speedometer and odometer. That not only can void the warranty (if still applicable) but lead to artificially low speed and mileage readouts...meaning possible speeding tickets even if the speedometer indicates the correct MPH. We get complaints all the time here on CL about tickets with oversize wheels and tires when people think they are driving the limit, but are not.
Old 08-23-07, 06:26 AM
calichris
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol you guys talk about chrysler being garbage, ford is really garbage, that sable looks exactly like a millan
Old 08-23-07, 06:27 AM
LexFather

I think the SRT-8 is fantastic bone stock. Car looks perfect. In a couple years, talk about a steal of a buy!

Old 08-23-07, 06:59 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I have to admit though. The 300 and Magnum look perfect with 22" rims. Kind of like how a body kitted GS looks perfect with 20" rims. The body style of those cars lend itself well to 22" rims. Now, I wont coment on the style of rims some of these guys put on though

That is a great point that 22s fit the 300 pretty well. I feel the same way. But a lot of people that have 22s or bigger have the mentality that "my wheels are bigger so they cost more $ and thus you cant afford what I can". Trust me I have heard people pretty much describe things this way and just have to laugh. What they dont realize is their low quality 22s cost 1/3 of high quality 19s or 20s, but it isnt even worth trying to explain this to someone who has the bling mentality

Quick Reply: I hate the chrysler 300