Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Fourth Fast & Furious Movie Nears Production

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-07, 09:50 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Fourth Fast & Furious Movie Nears Production

The third movie, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift shows Nissan's 350Z in action.

SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Sources close to the production of the three films in The Fast & The Furious series have told Inside Line that a fourth installment is on its way. The best guess is that it will show up in theaters worldwide during the summer of 2008.

The project is currently classified merely as "in development" at Universal, with no clear production start date and no announced director. However, it's rumored that the next film will reunite many characters and actors from the first three including Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Tyrese Gibson and Lucas Black. Obviously the story will once again center around automotive mayhem of the most intense sort, but the rumor is that this time most of the action will be set in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

As to the cars, expectations are that some familiar machinery — like a resurrected version of the blown 1970 Dodge Charger from the original film — will mix it up with such contemporary machinery as the new Dodge Challenger and classic South American muscle like the Chevrolet Opala. Also don't be surprised if Vin Diesel's character finds his way behind the wheel of a classic 1987 Buick GNX.

What this means to you: Here's hoping this next F&F finally answers all the subtle, infinitely nuanced questions of character and motivation raised by the first three.
Source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=122327#2
Old 08-24-07, 10:24 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

It's like the gilmore girls. No matter how much it annoys you it isn't going away.
Old 08-24-07, 10:32 PM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like what F&F2 should have been.... the movies are pretty wack without vin diesel. not that they were particularly good but hell.. i cant help but watch car movies
Old 08-24-07, 11:45 PM
2JZ_SC
Lead Lap

I like SOME of the cars....The people that these movies inspire kill me. If I hear "Vin Diesel says to double clutch" one more time....That one always gets to me.
Old 08-25-07, 12:24 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Oh no. Is this some sort of sick joke??

EDIT: O.L.T...oh thats good.
Old 08-25-07, 01:05 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

lets see now.

theyve covered:

-drag racing
-road racing (literally)
-virtual racing (think 2f2f)
-drift racing (work with me here...)

hmm, circuit racing cant be the next choice (thats the legal, cant be THAT exciting ) therefore, the new F&F movie MUST involve one of these types of racing.

-RC racing
-Rally racing (kinda contradictory if u think about it )
-merry-go-round racing
-horse racing
-pig racing
-clutch racing (involves vin diesel and paul walker driving the infamouse "7speed eclipse" from the 1st movie and trying to see how long its clutch lasts)
Old 08-25-07, 04:00 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

they should go back in time and do horse racing lol
Old 08-25-07, 05:30 AM
LexFather

I have been asked to be the main character...of course I said my main car has to be a Lexus and the bad-guy has to drive a Nissan

I'm pushing for the IS-F..... my name might be Van Derbuilt or Rodney Snow..

Mike Vick was to make a cameo but I doubt that now.

My main lady will be Esther Baxter (google is your friend) or any of the millions of hot chicks in Brazil.....

The biggest thing I will say is "I live my life on internet forum at a time"

You know I will rep Clublexus in the movie

Old 08-25-07, 06:22 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

Rats, I was hoping they would film this in Mexico. I am aware of the racing activity in Brazil, but it is not even close to the type of stuff that goes on down here especially in Mexico City. I will say in respect that if you can drive in either Rio or Mexico City, you can drive anywhere.
Old 08-25-07, 07:44 AM
fatmike
Lead Lap

Going to the movies the day this comes out, then I can see all the ricers parked in the lot.
Old 08-25-07, 08:12 AM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
lets see now.

theyve covered:

-drag racing
-road racing (literally)
-virtual racing (think 2f2f)
-drift racing (work with me here...)

hmm, circuit racing cant be the next choice (thats the legal, cant be THAT exciting ) therefore, the new F&F movie MUST involve one of these types of racing.

-RC racing
-Rally racing (kinda contradictory if u think about it )
-merry-go-round racing
-horse racing
-pig racing
-clutch racing (involves vin diesel and paul walker driving the infamouse "7speed eclipse" from the 1st movie and trying to see how long its clutch lasts)
They can also race turtles for pink slips lol. This sounds like something robot chicken would do haha.
Old 08-25-07, 08:15 AM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fatmike
Going to the movies the day this comes out, then I can see all the ricers parked in the lot.
Yup lots of Civics and hideous rip offs of the Altezza tail lights. Lol the day I saw Tokyo Drift a girl came out and drove around in circles with her Sentra and screamed out the window "IM DRIFTING!!".............................
Old 08-25-07, 09:43 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fast and The Furious 4? WTF... I havent even see 2 or 3 yet.
Old 08-25-07, 10:05 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Rats, I was hoping they would film this in Mexico. I am aware of the racing activity in Brazil, but it is not even close to the type of stuff that goes on down here especially in Mexico City. I will say in respect that if you can drive in either Rio or Mexico City, you can drive anywhere.
ohh sooo true.

Anyway, are they really goin with number 4? ugggh I will admit that I enjoyed the first one, even though it had so many fake elements and I will watch anything that has Eva Mendez in it, so there is my excuse for 2f2f. But 3?? ...where is that barf emoticon? The Korean(?) made Initial D was better than it and collectively the whole series. I really have 0 expectations for this film. Though, Brasil is always a nice place to set a movie....talk about babelandia
Old 08-25-07, 10:17 AM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MR_F1
ohh sooo true.

Anyway, are they really goin with number 4? ugggh I will admit that I enjoyed the first one, even though it had so many fake elements and I will watch anything that has Eva Mendez in it, so there is my excuse for 2f2f. But 3?? ...where is that barf emoticon? The Korean(?) made Initial D was better than it and collectively the whole series. I really have 0 expectations for this film. Though, Brasil is always a nice place to set a movie....talk about babelandia
The Initial D movie was made by chinese filmmakers. I have it. Wonderful movie, CGI is used at the most minimal amount. I dont expect much more from F&F. Honestly the story line never really interested me, just the cars, women and how people drive them.

Quick Reply: Fourth Fast & Furious Movie Nears Production