Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Got an Automated Red Light Ticket...anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-07, 05:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by benxd
You mean turn the boost up so he'll beat the red light next time
No. That's not the way to do it. Many of the cameras also record your speed as well as the red-light data. They do that by measuring the time it takes for your car to travel from a predetermined sensor point under the pavement at the beginning of the intersection to the sensor that actually triggers the photograph.

There are mixed opinions (and experience) concerning if the photo-blocker spray on the license plate actually works or not. Some say yes, some no.
Old 08-26-07, 05:19 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Those sprays are effective against those picture-camera. But many parts of the nation (esp california) not only take pictures, but records 12 seconds of video. Those sprays are not effective against the video system.
Old 08-26-07, 09:20 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the sprays only work on flash-based cameras as far as I know. The light reflects harshly off of it. Something that wont happen with FMV
Old 08-26-07, 10:49 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ERG
LOL i went through a red light but my car still had the dealer plates on the glass so no ticket
Lucky bastard
Old 08-26-07, 11:05 PM
ToastedAzn
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

City of Houston issued 9k plus tickets so far in a 10-12 month timespan since the new system been in place
Old 08-26-07, 11:14 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by milky
they even got a clear pic of his face. lol.
I drive with a helmet.
Old 08-26-07, 11:16 PM
2JZ_SC
Lead Lap

Those are popping up here in HEB AND NRH. Knock on wood I haven't gotten popped yet.
Old 08-27-07, 12:25 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

yup! I got one. It was something like 360.

And the worth thing was, I was making a right turn and I thought the light was yellow and didn't stop. 2 weeks later, I got 5 or 6 pictures of me running the red light, and a code for online video access. How nice of them
Old 08-27-07, 03:45 AM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ticket assassin.com

It totally worked for me.
Old 08-27-07, 04:21 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tzu911
It totally worked for me.
I wonder if their strategies can be used in different states... That seems to be an excellent site for Californian's... but what about the rest of the country?!
Old 08-27-07, 10:37 AM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dwoods420
We have those in Chicago. Only at problem intersections. I believe the 1st time is $120.00 here.
Thank god I live up north from Chicago rather then IN. I always told my wife "Nice place to visit..............." Yup good old mayor Daley getting more funds for the CTA.
Old 08-27-07, 04:41 PM
AzNMpower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there's a study that says red-light cameras result in more rear-end collisions as more people slam the brakes and people behind them crash into them. So much for "safety"

Montgomery County, MD has speed cameras in addition to red light cameras now. It's a good thing the speed cameras are clearly marked
Old 08-27-07, 04:45 PM
Sash
Lead Lap

They're putting those cameras almost everywhere around here now. There have been times when I was almost sure that those stupid things caught me running the light but I haven't gotten anything in the mail so far. I am keeping my fingers crossed now.
Old 08-28-07, 12:03 AM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dwoods420
We have those in Chicago. Only at problem intersections. I believe the 1st time is $120.00 here.
$90. I just got one earlier this month. Although I didn't read to see if we get dinged against our record.

I was at Foster and Western.
Old 08-28-07, 03:18 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

yep don't bother fighting it. At least I got to flip off the camera as I went through, got a cool City of San Diego picture for my wall with me flipping them off

Cost me around $400 for everything. My favorite is you have to pay a $15 fee just for the right to take traffic school, that isn't for trafic school mind you, more like a fee to check the box to take traffic school, just another fee so the country can raise money without raising taxes. NOT

Now in the future my g/f and I registered each others cars and we drive the others. When we get a red light ticket addressed to Mr. and its a girl driving you just send it back "Not Me" and she does the same "Not Me". Easy case to win every time in court, or just pull down the sun visor and obscure your face, if they can't prove it was you they can't charge you with a crime. Maybe I'll start wearing a helmet when I drive, LOL.

I've tested that fake photo spray, only makes your plate easier to read. New radar detectors can mark with GPS all red light cameras which is nice, and having no front plate is also a myth, they got me from the front and rear.

Last edited by toy4two; 08-28-07 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Got an Automated Red Light Ticket...anyone else?