Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dodge Challenger spy shots

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-07, 10:36 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dodge Challenger spy shots

Found these on another board- sorry but I don't have any other info... enjoy!

Old 08-30-07, 11:00 AM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this info was on the torque report.....
Priddy's pride of spy photographers have already one-upped the KGP-caught mule from earlier this year -- now they've caught a production 2008 Dodge Challenger driving on a fast-moving highway. Here's the rest of what she's got to say:

"A Hemi V8 was no challenge for our photographer, as he was still able to snag a great shot of the upcoming Dodge Challenger on a fast-moving highway. And even though the pre-production Challenger was wearing a bit of vinyl - one can easily tell that the production model is nearly identical to the concept shown on the auto show circuit.

Dodge's all-new muscle car will be built on the new "LY" RWD platform in Ontario, Canada. Production will start in the spring of 2008 - and the Challenger will go on sale shortly afterwards as a 2008 model. Pricing is expected to start around $31,000, although it's rumored that the R/T models have all been pre-sold in the 50K range. A convertible is also expected to arrive in the not-so-distant future.

The official debut of the (production) Challenger will be on February 6th at the Chicago Auto Show - just 222 days away."
Old 08-30-07, 11:08 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least they didn't make it a sedan like they did to the Charger.
Old 08-30-07, 11:50 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
The negative reaction to the Charger's four doors from a lot of purists was one of the reasons why Dodge decided to do this car.
Old 08-30-07, 11:55 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Any word yet on the production colors?

I promised myself that if they did this version in the 1970-71 colors that I grew up with (especially the Tor Lime Green and the Purple Plum Crazy) that I would go take a serious look at it.....and not just for a review.

Among the reasons why I didn't take a more serious look at the Charger were the SRT8 version in only two colors....yellow and Mango orange, the four doors, of course.......and my traditional low opinion of Chrysler build quality. We'll see how well the Challenger is built....it will be high on my review list.
Old 08-30-07, 02:14 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

It's amazing how close it looks to the 70's Challenger but still manages to be thoroughly modern.

I look forword to the release.
Old 08-30-07, 02:19 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koma
A 2-door Charger wouldnt have sold much. Look at how successful it has become as a practical 4-door.

Even the people that complain about it having 4 doors probably wouldn't have bought a 2 door anyway because it wouldn't be practical enough to live with. Then Chrysler would be losing money.

Perhaps having both options available would have been ideal.
Old 08-30-07, 03:56 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JLSC4
A 2-door Charger wouldnt have sold much. Look at how successful it has become as a practical 4-door.

Even the people that complain about it having 4 doors probably wouldn't have bought a 2 door anyway because it wouldn't be practical enough to live with. Then Chrysler would be losing money.

They needed to replace the Interpid and that was there only choice when they introduced the concept in 01-02 of the Charger. The Challenger on the other hand is the nicest out of the new Camro and Mustang.
Old 08-30-07, 04:18 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They could've named it something else though.
Old 08-30-07, 04:20 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I have to disagree. The people who want 4 doors can get the Magnum. It has the same engine and suspension options that the R/T Charger does.
In fact, I reviewed a Magnum R/T when it first came out.
Old 08-30-07, 04:56 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I have to disagree. The people who want 4 doors can get the Magnum. It has the same engine and suspension options that the R/T Charger does.
In fact, I reviewed a Magnum R/T when it first came out.

See, I wouldn't wan't a Magnum but I would wan't a Charger (if I actually bought American). The wagon doesn't appeal to me as much as the Charger sedan.

Like I said, Dodge should've invested in offering it in both 2 and 4 door models to make everyone happy.
Old 08-30-07, 06:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

See, I wouldn't wan't a Magnum but I would wan't a Charger (if I actually bought American). The wagon doesn't appeal to me as much as the Charger sedan.

Like I said, Dodge should've invested in offering it in both 2 and 4 door models to make everyone happy.
OK...but in that case, they should have kept the Charger name on the 2-door and called the 4-door something else (maybe another Dodge name out of the past for 4-doors like Coronet, Aspen, Dart, Polara, Monaco, etc.....).
Old 08-30-07, 08:17 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks like the concept under the camo...
Old 08-30-07, 10:00 PM
2JZ_SC
Lead Lap

I won't lie. I have held off buying my new car for the challenger. I want to see how dodge pulls this off. With the lifetime power train warranty...... I will NOT get rid of the lex. Just a new toy.
Old 08-31-07, 06:31 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The coke bottle is back. For real this time. Dodge is taking too long to bring this beast out. The muscle car faithful are waiting eagerly

Quick Reply: Dodge Challenger spy shots